Amazing

Pag-ibig na Kaya

DARA's POV

 

"So that is the evaluation of our performance for this month, what can you say everyone?" I just finished my report about our performance this month.

"Very good Dara! It's clear and very detailed! Applause everyone!" our head designer said. "1,2,3 Happy happy happy birthday to you Dara! Have a happy happy happy life!" everyone said ang sang a happy birthday song to me.

Then they presented a cute cake with my mini figure on it. "Make a wish Dara," I heard Bom said. "Thanks everyone, I am very touched by your surprise for me! My wish is . . . "

I wish I can find love this time. I want to experience true love from the person destined for me. As I become 26 years old today, may I find him. The first person that I'll see after I make my wish and blow my candle should be him.

And so as I made my wish and blow my birthday candle. 

 

Kwon Jiyong, my bestfriend, my enemy, my brother, my savior, my counselor, my punching bag appeared infront of me holding a present. "Surprise Dara!" he greeted. I just stared at him and wondered why he appeared. "Hey, I said, SURPRISE!" he screamed.

"Ya! I heard that but why are you here?"

"Hey, is that a good way to thanks your bestfriend?" he said pouting. "Dara-ah, he organized all of these for you! Say thank you." Bom said.

"It's not what I meant, you said yesterday you are going to be busy today. Mphh, anyways thank you Ji!" I said giving him a power hug.

"No problem," he softly said. Maybe the right man for me has not yet arrived, it can't be Jiyong.

 

After some partying time that afternoon, I offered Jiyong to come with me in our house to celebrate my birthday part 2. "I want to come to Dara!" Bom pleaded. "Of course you are invited Bom! Ehem, and I think you want to see my brother right? You like TOP?" I .

"Dara!!! I just said I want to eat and celebrate!"

"Okay, okay! You go there first okay? Me and Jiyong are going somewhere first," I said giving her my car key.

"Dara, can I ask a question?"

"You are already asking."

"Have you ever thought of being together with Jiyong? I mean, he is so sweet towards you and you two are so close, huh?" she asked whispering in my ears.

I once thought of it but I erased my those already, I have reasons and he too has.

"Bom, what are you saying?! We're bestfriends okay? BESTFRIENDS. It's not what you think."

She batted her long eyelashes and sang, "True love comes once you know---- byeee!"

 

"What is she saying?" Jiyong asked after some cleaning up. He's a clean freak.

"Nothing, so where are we going today?"

"You choose or I choose?" he said signalling for a game. "Mmmm, because it's my birthday I'll be good. You choose!"

"No games for today?"

"No. So I'm giving you five seconds to choose!" I started counting.

"Remember the place where we always buy school supplies? I want to go there and visit ahjumma," he said as I stopped counting.

"Good idea. I'm wondering how has she been. It was years ago! We are getting older by day Ji," I said looking down.

He held my chin up and said, "But we still look fresh! Let's take a pic, 1,2,3 kimchiiiiii!"

"Look, I was not prepared for that shot, take another one again!" I said grabbing his phone. "Na-ah, this is my present for you!"

"Whatever! Come on, let's go."

 

He likes taking pictures out of the blue. He said it's best if we pose on the spot and not planning anything.

After some time, we arrived at ahjumma's place. "Ahjummaaaaa.... where are you?"

She then went out in her stall and handed me another cake with my favorite school supplies figure on it. "Ahjumma, you are really sweeet!" I said hugging her. She then returned my hug and said, "Group hug?" to Jiyong. And we all made a group hug.

"Thank you ahjumma! I'm so happy today!" I said tasting the cake.

"No problem Dara dear but this won't be possible without Jiyong. He told me it's your birthday today."

He never fails to amaze me. "Jiiiii."

"Mhhm?" he said his spoon. "Why are you so good to me?!"

"It's because you are my bestfriend," he meaningfully said which caused ahjumma to express, "Why don't you two start to date? I've known the both of you since your college years and yet you are still friends?"

We all choked what we eat. "AHJUMMA?!"

"Fine, fine."

In our college years, this is our favorite store for school supplies. Actually it was Jiyong who first introduced this place to me and I just followed. Ahjumma's husband has died already so she is with her son. Right now, they are not in good terms and she said she does not want to talk about it so we'll leave it like that.

After eating and chatting, we decided to proceed to our next place. "Thanks for today ahjumma!" we said.

 

"I'm hoping we are not going to eat again Ji, I'm so full!" I said touching my spoiled brat stomach.

"I know that! My stomach too is very spoiled already! Let's go to our wishing place?"

Hahaha! I remembered that place! It was the first wishing place Jiyong has visited. At first, he did not know what to do and did not ask me because of his pride. He throw his coin and wished out loud! Everyone was laughing at him! He blushed in embarrassment.

"I know what you are thinking Dara. Just... just keep quiet."

"I understand commander!!!"

 

I threw my coin and wished silently, "I'm wishing the best for this man beside me. He has been my bestfriend in ups and downs. Thanks God for giving him."

On the other hand, he said, "I wished the very best and grandest blessings for my bestfriend. She has been very stubborn but kind to me despite the fact that I'm demanding!"

Everyone stared at him and he just smiled, "Nothing wrong for wishing the best right?" then they returned at their wishing session.

"Thanks for today Ji," I said giving him a pinch in his cheeks, "So much for being a bestfriend!!!"

"OUUUCH! My beautiful skin, it's hurting, look," he acted in an over over way.

 

We went back in our house and found everyone partying and having so much fun. "Ohhh! My beautiful sister is here!" My older brother, TOP, said and drag me at the center. "Happy birthday noona!" my younger brother, Thunder greeted me.

Being the only daughter is hard. I mean you've got to relate to their interests because it's not so much fun without someone to talk to on a normal day. And Jiyong even came into my life who really let me understood such things like those.

"Thank you, thank you everyone! I'm so happy today even if I'm starting to age!" They laughed and each one handed me their gifts. Our parents aren't here because they're on an around the world trip, living each day as if it's their last. "Wow, I like teddy bears! Thanks CL!" "Minzy!!! Thanks for this hat! I love the tamtam design!" "A corn designed watch? Bommie, you really want me to remember you every single second right?" I said hugging my three girl buddies.

Then TOP and Thunder came giving me a pink colored Louboutin heels that I long wanted to have. "I... I know you wanted that so much so I asked help from hyung to save money with me," Thunder shyly said earning a smack from TOP, "And... and we know you love that color ever."

"Thanks everyone!" I said and they all resumed partying again. Jiyong then approached me in a corner, "Hey best, it's too early to wash those dishes, party!"

"Have you opened the present?" he asked helping me. "I want to open it later."

"Why?"

"Because I guess it's very special. Save the best for last?" then I gave him a smile.

He frowned but then smiled again and said, "I guess it's time for me to go home. I have to chat with eomma later, she's worrying too much. Please help me sometime Dara," he said handing me the dishes.

"Eh? Your sister did something again right?"

He sighed and said, "Since when did my sister did something that is not noticeable? She's a walking disaster but is lovable."

"So what's it this time?"

"She's... she is.. in a relationship with a tattooed man," he said waiting for my response. I screamed, "SHE'S IN A RELATIONSHIP?! What's wrong with a tattooed man?"

"Eomma does imagine exaggerately you know. She's guessing the man is barbaric when infact he looks so soft, close to a disciple."

"I'll talk to her when she'll be back. When is she coming back?"

"Three days from now and she said, she'll give you a grand present. Dara,,, I've gotta go. By the way my sister wants to give this, its a letter with the picture of you two. She said you gotta read the letter and what's on the pic," he said handing me the  envelope.

"Mmmm, I'll open it later. Come on, I'll lead the way."

 

JIYONG's POV

It's Dara's birthday today, she's my best buddy, second sister, alarm clock, drinking buddy and teacher. I long wanted to say something to her but I don't know what it is. It's not possible I'm inlove with her. I have my reasons as she has her too.

I've organized this birthday party for her because I was absent in her birthday last year. I've always heard from her that she wants to celebrate everyday a birthday because everything feels so right.

At first we were the best pair of rivalries. It happened on our last year of our highschool times.

It started during our computer class in the comp. laboratory.

"So after you are finished saving your codes, you can use the internet for twenty minutes. Remember, no sites!" Our computer teacher told us.

We've been computer lab seatmates for two years but she barely talks to me. She does not use the internet but always the Typing Master Program. I guess everyone knows that. It's a test for your typing skills. "I hate this space key! It consumes my time," she whined.

I laughed and she looked back at me, "Mind your own business okay?" I felt challenged at that time so I proudly declared, "I'm challenging you miss Park." She laughed and said, "Are you serious?! You-? I guess you only know how to use that internet thing. No match, tsk."

"Excuse me miss Park but I've gotta tell you, I can do this. Don't tell me you are afraid?"

She opened her eyes wide and said, "Bring it on,"

We stared on the screen in the strongest way. Everyone was busy browsing while we were busy typing. After some time, the results showed, "I'm 50 words per minute with 92% accuracy," I nervously said. She laughed as she declared her triumph, "55 words per minute and 95%. I guess I won." I only smiled and thought that this girl is something. "Aren't you going to be mad?" she asked.

"Why should I?"

"Becuause I won?"

"And I lost? No Miss Park, this is just the beginning."

"You owe me a burger," she said leaving her computer as the teacher said for us to take our break. "Good idea."

And the rest were history. ^^

"Hahaha," I started to laugh. "What's wrong Jiyong?"

"Nothing. I just remembered something."

"Ohh, you get weirder by the day,,, tsk. Bye and see you tomorrow!"

"Bye!" I waved my hand.

Just then. . .

"Wait oppa! Wait for me, I've gotta give this to Dara!" have I heard her voice right? Is it... is it Yoona?

She grabs me by my arm and went to Dara's direction, "Surprise unnie! Happy birthday! I hope you'll like my gift to you!"

Dara has always hated her. I mean she said Yoona's too cute and too kind sometimes that she's very unbelievable. I'll just say to Dara that maybe she's really like that because she's the only child and from a rich family but still she's too stubborn to believe.

She forces to make a smile and accepts the gift, "Thanks Yoona! Want to go in first?" Wow, Dara is also good enough for being an actress. Well I can't blame my sweet and caring bestfriend. "Thanks for the offer unnie but oppa's going to go home and I am going to also. He'll just drop me. Bye!"

I just smiled at Dara and mouthed, "Text later."

She did not nod and went inside her house banging the door. "Is she in a bad mood oppa?"

"Noo. She's just tired."

"Let's go somewhere?" Yoona offered.

"Yoona, I know you should be home by now."

She looks a little bit mad and pouts, "Please?"

"Yoona."

"Fine! But next time you've gotta bring me somewhere!"

"I'm not going to promise anything." The phrase I am always telling her. Everyone says she likes me and all but she's too young for a 27 yeard old guy. She's just 20 and still to be taught. I don't want to get her hopes up high because I only treat her as a younger sister. I've tried to feel the romantic love in her but... it just does not work.

"You are going to!"

 

Author's POV

Meanwhile Dara half-angrily went upstairs and open the present Yoona gave her. "How cuuuute of her to give me a Winnie the Pooh ballpen and handkerchief!"

She does not understand why she easily gets mad when that cute and angelic Yoona comes near Jiyong. "Well, I've gotta thanks all the blessings."

She starts opening the gift from Durami, the sister of Ji. "Wow, our first bungee jumping experience! Dear Dara, thanks for being a crazy and understanding friend to me even if I'm always a walking disaster! Here's our first bungee jumping which made Jiyong back out! A scaredy cat is he!!!" And can I ask a question? You two are very compatible with each other, why not be in a relationship? Jiyong sounds stupid everytime he answers this question. So what is yours? Happy Birthday !!!!"

"How many times should I clarify to the people that me and Ji are just besfriends?" I said now opening Jiyong's present.

I was amazed by what I saw. It was an anklet with my name and his on a square shape. It was then followed by an alternating pattern of diamonds and circles with our pictures on it. He even add a small note, "It's not the days you'll remember, it's the memories. :D Happy Bday!"

And just like that my anger for the incident awhile ago vanished and was replaced by a smile. "Going to wear this tomorrow!!!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello to all! Thanks for subscribing and please do comment!

I love the Filipino love I'm getting! Maraming salamat!

 

@browneyesmouse04- thanks! but please do not expect too much kasi beginner pa ako hehehe.

@mysweetlover- thank you! I've updated already!

@neekha- salamat sa paghihintay! I've updated na :D

@arsheen- thanks! I hope you'll like it :)

@InnocentDongsaeng- thanks for that! :D hello fellow Filipina!

@ryouchi_kun- thanks for that!

 

Sorry for wrong spellings and grammar. :) Sorry if this chap isn't exciting yet!

Please subscribe and comment!