Awkward Friday Nights and Lazy Saturdays

A Cup of Sugar and Spice

Seokjin isn't sure what he did in his past life to merit him being in this situation, but as he looked down at his supposed new neighbor, he can't help but feel embarrassed. His parents had always told him it was important to make a good first impression; to make sure no one would forget the name Seokjin Kim. He gave Yoongi an unforgettable first impression,but he is pretty sure this isn't what his parents had in mind. 

The silence between the three men was deafening. He couldn't see Jungkook’s expression but by the way his shoulders were shaking he could only assume his brother was trying his best not to burst out laughing at his unfortunate situation. Only someone like Jungkook could be laughing at a moment like this. Eventually, Jungkook managed to compose himself before looking up at Seokjin from his crouched position next to Yoongi. Seokjin knows the obvious next course of action is to apologize, but his heart is still beating erratically in his chest and he could feel the sweat run down the back of his neck. As he looked back down at Yoongi, everything made much more sense. 

A small thin black cord attached to two ear buds rested on Yoongi’s nape. The poor guy was probably just minding his own business and listening to some tunes on his way home. Seokjin has never felt more like a in his entire life. He eventually makes eye contact with Yoongi, who is staring right up at him expectantly. Something about Yoongi’s deep brown eyes intimidated him, and as Seokjin opens his mouth he blurts out the first thing that pops into his mind. 

“You're not gonna sue me, are you?”. Well . He just had to blurt out the wrong thing.
If Seokjin’s face wasn't red before, it clearly must be now, if the hot temperature he is feeling on his cheeks is anything to go by. 

Jungkook lets out an indignant squawk, his expression reflecting how dumbfounded he is at his older brother’s words. Yoongi on the other hand stays silent, and if looks could kill, he probably would have murdered Seokjin thrice. 

“I mean, oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do we need to go to a hospital? On a scale of one to ten, how much pain-”

“You don't have a mouth filter, do you?”, interrupted Yoongi,his monotone voice displaying not an ounce of emotion.

It’s the first time Seokjin has heard Yoongi speak, but he can only imagine that if dark chocolate were a sound, it would be Yoongi’s voice. 

“Hey bro, how about we help him up hm?” Jungkook proposes. For a second, Seokjin forgot the situation he was in, but Jungkook was right, they needed to help Yoongi, even if it's just to help him off the ground. 

The duo eventually help Yoongi up, who stumbles for a couple of seconds before standing upright. 

 

*

To say the elevator ride up to the fifth floor was awkward would be an understatement. No one talks and Seokjin tries his best to avoid eye contact with Yoongi. The tiled floor, which in his opinion needs a thorough cleaning, keeps his attention as the elevator slowly makes its way up. Jungkook eventually elbows Seokjin’s side to which Seokjin responds with an elbow jab of his own.

“Talk to him. Introduce yourself”, Jungkook quietly mouthed, looking somewhat desperate to ease the tension in the small dingy elevator.

Oh, right. After all the mess that had happened, he hadn't even thought once of introducing himself. How would he even start? Hi, sorry I hit you in the face. My name is Seokjin doesn't sound like a proper introduction. As much as he dreads having to talk to his neighbor at this moment, it has to be done. For the first time the entire night, Seokjin takes a good look at Yoongi. 

He isn't sure what he was expecting, but Yoongi’s features catch him off guard. For someone with such a deep voice, his neighbor's features were a complete contradiction. His features were soft. His small button nose(which looked like it was going to bruise) and thin pink lips are almost doll like and his jet black hair complimented his pale complexion. 

Seokjin must have been staring for quite some time because now Yoongi is staring at him. Most of Yoongi features were soft, but his eyes were far from it. They were deep brown, and even though Seokjin just met him, his eyes reflected a type of fierceness Seokjin rarely noticed in most people.

“Are you done ogling me?” Yoongi asked.

“I'm Seokjin, Jungkook’s older brother”, Seokjin blurted out, attempting to avoid Yoongi’s question. He held his hand out, hoping to show that he wasn't some monster who went around hitting people in the face with satchels. 

“I'm Yoongi”, his neighbor replied, reciprocating the handshake.

The soft ding of the elevator was music to Seokjin’s ears and the tension he feels in his shoulders finally dissipates as they make their way out. 

On the walk to their apartments (which are right across from each other go figure), Seokjin isn't sure what else to say. He isn't shy or all that awkward, but the incident that had occurred only a couple hours prior left him frazzled. It also doesn't help that Yoongi isn't much of a talker himself. When they finally reach their respective apartments, all Seokjin does is wish Yoongi a good night.

Once he closes the door of his apartment, Seokjin let's out a sigh he had been holding in. 

“Well it's been an eventful night, if I do say so myself”, said Jungkook as he splayed himself on the couch. It's already close to midnight and Jjangu is already asleep on his small bed without a care in the world. 

“I can't believe I did that. Yoongi lives right across from me and it's going to be so awkward. Did you see how his nose was bruising up? I feel so ba-” 

A snore interrupts Seokjin and he looks over to see Jungkook is sound asleep. His brother’s neck is probably going to hurt due to his strange starfish sleeping position on the couch, but that's his problem. Seokjin quietly walks over to his room, his feet finding the carpet comforting after a long day of walking in his black dress shoes. As Seokjin’s head finally hits his pillow, he hopes for a peaceful day tomorrow.

*
In a surprising and rather odd twist of events, Yoongi is nowhere to be seen. It's been about two weeks since the incident and even though they live right across from each other, Seokjin hasn't seen him at all. He's tempted to ask Jungkook to investigate, but maybe it's for the best not to know. 

*

Saturdays are always something Seokjin looks forward to. It’s his day off which means, no alarm clock, no demanding customers, no teenage girls asking him if he is single, and no need to get all dressed up. It means he can watch reruns of The Universe’s Star in his hello kitty pajamas to his heart’s content, which is exactly what he plans on doing. One thing didn’t change from yesterday though, and it’s that Jungkook is still at his apartment. The first thing Seokjin hears when he wakes up is Jungkook’s voice. By the sound of his voice and the complete nonsense he is saying, it sounds like Jungkook is playing overwatch, but that’s not new. 

Seokjin takes his time washing up and when he finally emerges from his room, Jungkook has just finished a match and by the look of satisfaction on his face, he won. 

“Hey Jin, want to go to the mall with Jimin and I?”, Jungkook asks as he notices his older brother’s presence.

At the mention of Jimin’s name, Seokjin lights up. Oh Jimin. Cute, adorable Jimin. Seokjin and Jungkook had known Jimin since they were kids and they practically grew up together. While Jungkook was full of fiery energy and confidence, Jimin was much more calm and collected. Jimin always knows what to say and how to cheer people up, unlike Jungkook, who just like his brother, has no filter. Seokjin enjoys Jimin’s company so much he remembers being 8 years old and asking Santa if he could switch his brother out for Jimin. Even though Seokjin has told his brother time and time again that he didn’t mean it, Jungkook won’t let it go. 

As tempting as it sounds to go to the mall with his favorite person and his 3rd favorite person(though he would never tell Jungkook he is third), something makes him think twice before he replies. Jjangu is standing close the door, his leash in his mouth and his fluffy white tail lazily swinging back and forth across the floor. Jjangu has been Seokjin’s partner in crime since he was a kid, and lately due his work schedule Jjangu hasn’t been getting his walk around the park as often as he used to. The sight of Jjangu patiently waiting for him at the door makes his heart hurt and it’s at that point that going to the mall can wait. 

“Sorry bro,” Seokjin replies, “I’m going to spend some time with Jjangu today, maybe next time yeah?” 

“Okay. Jimin will probably want to stop by here to say hi to you and Jjangu, if that’s okay”.

“That’s always okay. Jimin is always welcome”, Seokjin happily responds.

“ Admit it, you do like him more than you like me, don’t you?”, his younger brother questions.

“Let it go Jungkook, you already know the answer.”

*

By the time Jungkook has had breakfast and heads off to the mall, Seokjin has found what to wear, which he hopes conveys the message “hey it’s my day off, but I’m not a slob who just woke up. I tried this morning”. Jjangu seems to know they are going out on the much anticipated walk and his tail begins to move much faster. As they head down the hallway, Seokjin takes one last look at apartment 510, the apartment of his new neighbor, and hopes he is okay from last night’s ordeal.

When Seokjin decided to move out, he didn't even have a clue where he was going to end up. All he knew is he needed a space to call his own and a park for Jjangu to roam. It took about 2 weeks of constantly skimming through newspaper ads and online web searches but he finally found his current residence. It wasn’t perfect, but luck must have been on his side because it was on the outskirts of the city, 5 hours from his parents home, and there was a park a mere 30 minutes away. 

Jjangu might be 14, but he outruns most (if not all) of the puppies at the dog park. Seokjin’s not sure how Jjangu has so much energy but he is glad his dog is having fun. Nothing beats the feeling of watch the fluff ball’s short stubby legs waddle about, tail wagging viciously in the air at all the sights and smells. After a couple of laps around the park, he decides it’s time for a much needed break. He pulls out a water dish for Jjangu and sits on an old wooden bench, enjoying the slight breeze. It’s been awhile since he was at the park, but nothing much has changed. The swings sets look worse for wear, the grass is still a vibrant green and there are way too many geese walking about, but he wouldn't have it any other way. 

Seokjin pulls out his phone to check up on Jungkook and make sure he isn’t getting into trouble, but out of the corner of his eye he see Jjangu’s ears perk up. Before Seokjin can react, Jjangu dashes out into the middle of the park, leash in tow and leaving his dumbfounded owner behind. 

“Jjangu get back here!” he cries as he attempts to catch up with his dog. Somehow his long legs can't keep up with the fluffy stubby ones ahead and he can only hope Jjangu has the heart in him to listen to Seokjin at least once in his life. By the time Jjangu stops, he is at the large field in the center of the park. Seokjin managed to catch up and to his surprise his dog isn't alone. A puppy only a few weeks old is doing circles around Jjangu, it's brown curly fur bouncing with each stride it takes. Jjangu simply sits as the puppy attempts to entice him into playing, his seemingly boundless energy dissipated. 

Seokjin isn't quite sure what to do. He doesn't see an owner nearby, but the park isn't too large and hopefully the little guy is being searched for. In the meantime, he decides playing with the puppy wouldn't hurt. He crouches down next to the tiny dog, hoping to earn its trust. It doesn't take long before the puppy shifts its attention from Jjangu to him. It's when the unknown dog approaches him that he sees a tag on its collar, which will hopefully have a number to call. Before he has a chance to turn the puppy’s tag around, out of the corner of his eyes he sees a pair of toned legs approaching them. 

“Holly, you silly boy there you are!”

The voice sounds soft and amused, and he swears he has heard this voice before. It isn't until he looks up that he realizes why the voice sounded familiar. Standing there, in a pair of black skinny jeans and an oversized hoodie, is the person he hadn't seen in weeks.

“Yoongi?”

 

 

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Sorry it took forever to update, school takes up most of my time. Comments are always appreciated ^__^. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this! Hit me up on tumblr or twitter if you like :)