II. Knock Knock

Fight Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been four days since you’ve stepped foot on the Byun’s residence. The last four days wasn’t that bad as you expected it to be. If you remove Baekhyun out of the picture, at least. Good thing your mornings and afternoons were spent with Jaemin. Sometimes you helped him with his homeworks, but most of the time he’ll refuse your offer.

“I’m a big boy,” Jaemin reasons out.

On the other hand, your sorry had to endure Baekhyun’s presence in the evenings. It’s a good thing both of you were graduating students and this semester, he’s busy writing his thesis paper. Normally, Baekhyun comes home after you’ve watched the eight o’ clock news.

Nonetheless, coming home late doesn’t give Baekhyun enough of an excuse to act obnoxious around you.

Baekhyun is a pain in the .

He always teased you, bringing back memories from your high school days. How you were a huge er for Chanyeol. How you looked hilarious stepping out of the classroom with a paper taped on your back written were the words ‘I got second place again.’

“Ha-ha, very funny,” you say, rolling your eyes then elbowing his stomach extra hard. “See? This is why we can’t meet in the middle. I’m trying so hard to be a ing adult and you, you’re pissing me off.”

“I believe that’s my role in your life, sweetheart.” Baekhyun sends you a wink.

“Seriously? Sweetheart? That’s gross.” You try to avert your attention back to the variety show you’re watching but Baekhyun finds the courage to slide closer next to you.

His taunting smile irritates your every cell. “Why is it gross, honey?”

You can see how unbelievably close Baekhyun’s face is from your peripheral vision. “ off, Baekhyun.”

“Threatening me aren’t you, kitten? How sweet.”

The way his tongue rolled out the word kitten made your knees weak for some reason. You can feel Baekhyun’s warm breath hit your cheek. Shivers ran down your spine at the lowness of his voice.

Grabbing the lamp beside you, you firmly grasp on it before retracting your arm. This was enough warning for the latter to reach the nearest throw pillow, using it as a shield. “I swear to god, Baekhyun! I will repeatedly hit you with this lamp right here and make it look like it’s suicide if you don’t stop with the ing pet names!”

Instead of cowering in fear, Baekhyun responded with his high-pitched laughter that echoed across the living room. Before you knew it, Baekhyun was laid back on the couch while you straddled him and repeatedly hit him with the throw pillow he was holding.

The bastard was enjoying this little play of yours. Soon enough, you stopped your violent actions and he put a hand on his stomach as he continued laughing.

You hated to say it but you were enjoying it too. The sound of his mellifluous laughter flowing through your ears like water. It sounded angelic and you were pretty sure you wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world to make his laughter stop.

And his eyes.

His beautiful eyes that were full in the middle and curved downwards towards the edge. His eyes that gave you a soft gaze. His eyes that squinted whenever he plays a joke on you. His eyes that just exudes with overflowing happiness since the beginning.

“Baek?” You breath out. Not sure if it was from exhaustion or if you were simply out of breath from scrutinizing his features.

“Yeah?” He hummed in response.

For a split second, both of your eyes locked as if wanting to send a message to the other. But you realized your position

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter