I. Here We Go Again

Fight Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mom, I don’t get why you’re wasting money for a babysitter. I mean, I’m right here, your other son. Byun Baekhyun.” Baekhyun snapped, arms crossed over his chest.

His mom rolled his eyes before leveling down to Jaemin and giving her youngest a kiss on the forehead. Baekhyun has been trying to convince his mom that he was fully capable of taking care of Jaemin while she was away. Besides, it was his job as the eldest but his mom thought otherwise thinking that leaving Baekhyun alone with Jaemin would mean the siblings unintentionally setting the house on fire.

Neither wanted that, of course.

She grabbed her bag then turned around to face her son who was now plastering an adorable pout. His mom chuckled lightly, “Baekhyun, I know you’re already a college student and all, but honey, no one’s gonna believe you’re in college when you’re acting like this.”

“I assure you nothing will happen to Jaemin. Just,” Baekhyun released a heavy sigh, “Don’t hire a babysitter. You know how uncomfortable I am with strangers.”

“Relax. She’s just about your age. I’m sure she’ll do fine.” Baekhyun’s mom enveloped him into a hug. Baekhyun loved how his mom would always give him warm hugs before she left for business trips. And before going to the university. And sometimes, before he went to bed which in his situation was nearly impossible judging from the numerous homeworks he has everyday.

It was quite impossible to distinguish who really was the baby in the house. Baekhyun has been the only child for twenty-two years and somehow, he got spoiled by his parents especially by his mom. To his surprise, Jaemin was conceived right before he entered university. It was queer how his mom got pregnant. Baekhyun preferred to stick with what he knows and to not dig deeper with the issue.

A loud door bell chimed through the hallways of the house. Jaemin immediately stood up from his playing mat and dropped his Transformer robots on the mat. Jaemin was always the giddy one. “I’ll get it!”

Jaemin opened the door only to gasp at the sight. He clutched his hands to his chest emitting a hearty laugh from you. “Wow, noona is so pretty!”

“Noona, come play with me! You should meet hyung. He always plays with me.” Jaemin practically dragged you inside in an instant. He shoved his robot toys to your hands before you even had the chance to set your bag down. But Jaemin was awfully cute and ecstatic for his age and you didn’t have the heart to reject the little guy.

“Jaemin, what did I tell you about dragging people?”

You felt goosebumps covering your entire arm the moment you heard that voice. That soft, velvety voice that let out boisterous high pitched laughs which annoyed the crap out of you. That same voice that sabotaged your what seemed to be an almost high school love life. There was only one person who owned it.

You turned around meeting Baekhyun’s gaze. He was obviously shocked as well as he almost lost his grip on the tray filled with a pitcher of orange juice and several glasses. You wanted easy money through babysitting for the sake of seeing your precious idols on their upcoming concert. Not this. This was not something you were expecting at all.

Baekhyun quickly regained his composure. “Oh, it’s you. Long time no see, witch.”

“Right back at ‘ya,” you rolled your eyes at the mockery dripping his voice. If you were to point out which part of Baekhyun was the worst, his voice would be number one on the list.

“So you’re the babysitter, huh? You sure you can handle Jaeminnie here? He’s quite a handful.” Baekhyun placed the tray on the table in front of you. You poured yourself some orange juice before answering, “I believe you’re the one who’s quite a handful, Baekhyun.”

“Ah ah ah, don’t get so snarky now, sweetheart. Remember, I’m the one who’s in charge around here.” Baekhyun took a seat on the couch adjacent to you and leaned back, spreading his arms around the sides. It’s been four years since you’ve last seen this jerk and he still has his cocky attitude intact.

You were about to retort a sassy remark but you held your lips from doing so as soon as you spotted Baekhyun’s mom standing by the doorway. She was all ready to go with her baggage in one hand and her handbag on the other. You plastered a lovely grin and bowed as a sign of respect. “Hello, Mrs. Byun. Thanks for hiring me as Jaemin’s babysitter. I’ll do my best, don’t you worry.”

Baekhyun’s mom extended her hand, patting your shoulder. “Actually, you’ll be babysitting Jaemin and Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun was taken aback by his mom’s words. He whined, “Mom!”

“Kidding, kidding.” She turned to you and sent out a secret wink. Baekhyun groaned at his mom’s actions. This was a complete embarrassment for him.

The rolling of wheels from her luggage echoed through the stone pathways. She gave each one of her son a peck on the cheek and gave you a few reminders to keep in mind. She wanted to make sure that nothing crazy will happen to her boys in a span of three days. When Baekhyun and Jaemin was walking back inside, she leaned into you and whispered, “Ring me when there’s some kind of emergency. And by the way, you’re the one in charge.”

“I’ll be back in a few days,” she waved before entering the cab.

You were caught off guard when Jaemin suddenly intertwined his fingers with yours. The kid has a habit of dragging people and you thought it was cute and not entirely obnoxious.

“Noona, let’s play! I’m gonna introduce you to Bumblebee!” You wanted to pinch his cheeks so hard but you weren’t quite close with him yet. You breathed, “Okay but I want to meet Optimus Prime first. Is that cool with you?”

“Most girls in my school don’t know Optimus Prime. Noona really is the best.” You loved how Jaemin’s eyes sparkled as you got a grip on his interest.

Little did you know, Baekhyun is already vexing you from afar. Annoyance was heating up his insides. For the first time in his life, Jaemin’s affection was splitting into two and it was ticking him off. He is Jaemin’s favorite. Not anybody else. Especially not you.

Baekhyun grabbed Jaemin’s free hand, also intertwining his fingers like what Jaemin did to you. You raised your brows in confusion. Baekhyun crouched down to his baby brother’s level. “Noona’s kind of busy since she’ll do the dishes.”

Jaemin’s bright smile faded. “Wanna play with hyung?”

With no time to reply to his hyung, Jaemin was now the one getting dragged by Baekhyun. And you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter