Chapter 6

A war is near
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next morning, they had gathered in the armory to get changed and take their weapons. Their outfits were different from their training clothes: more elaborated, completely black with more pieces of clothing.

Yeontae had put his bulletproof vest on and was now struggling with his jacket. Jinkyu snickered but helped him with the zipper.

“Don’t forget your gloves.” He winked before going back to his own jacket.

“Okay boys, we’re leaving now.” Kim exclaimed. “Put your masks and helmets on. I don’t want to see an inch of skin.”

The trainees did as ordered. Yeontae adjusted his face mask then his helmet’s visor. It was tinted so you couldn’t get blinded.

“Don’t forget that this outfit is completely airtight, unless you take off your mask or your helmet, you can’t be contaminated.” Kim explained. “For that to happen, you have to be in contact with someone contaminated. Like, direct contact.”

He then put his mask and helmet on. “Now take your weapons, we’re out.”

Yeontae heard his voice inside his own helmet.

“You have a communication and localization system inside the helmet. So believe me when I say you better not take it off under any circumstances.” Kim commented while walking through the armory’s corridors, the trainees following him.

Yeontae wasn’t used to this outfit but tried to keep up nonetheless.

“What about the camouflage system, Kim ?” One of the boys asked.

“Good question Sangwook. You have nothing to do, it’ll activate itself once the suit is exposed to daylight. Just press that button on your jacket’s collar to activate it at night.”

Yeontae sighed. He’ll really have to get used to hearing their voices in his helmet.

 

As Kim opened the door of the armory and light hit his suit, he disappeared.

Yeontae looked at Jinkyu anxiously.

“Where did he go ?” Inho cried out.

“Boys, I’m still here, just come outside so I can close the door.” They heard Kim’s voice.

Jinkyu patted Yeontae’s back a little then went outside, the other following him. As they were in broad daylight, he couldn’t see him anymore.

“Jinkyu ! Jinkyu ?!” He looked around him, trying not to panic. “Where are the others ?”

He looked at his own outfit but he couldn’t see it either. Had he disappeared ?! How ?

“Yeontae, we’re all here.” Kim sighed. “Press the same button on your jacket’s collar.”

They all appeared out of nowhere.

“Anyway… Giseok will keep the tablet.” Their leader shook his head. “Since I need to hold my weapon.”

“Me ..?”

“Yes.” He replied. “I told you I knew your weaknesses AND your strengths.”

 

 

“Okay, here we are.” Kim said as they stopped in front of the wall.

There was a reinforced gate and soldiers guarding it. But it wasn’t the main gate. Yeontae had no idea there actually were these kinds of secondary entrances in the wall.

They opened the door and let them go inside some sort of tunnel. Yeontae looked above them: thousands of girders crisscrossed up until who knows where.

“Is this how it looks like inside the wall ?” Jinkyu asked.

“Yes.” Kim nodded. “But keep the shocked faces for later because…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter