Chapter 3

A war is near
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In the quarantine zone ? Like… for real ?!”

Yeontae’s mind was in a blur. Thoughts kept rushing before he could figure out any of them.

“Who ? Who is going ?!”

“As I told you, the ten best trainees of the camp.” His father ruffled his hair nervously. “That means you. That means Jinkyu. Inho. And you’ll recognize some of the others obviously.”

He didn’t know what to say or how to react. After a long minute of silence, he finally spoke.

“Okay. Who’ll be our leader ?”

“Instructor Kim Hyeonjin.” His father answered sternly. “It’ll only last a few days.”

Yeontae nodded.

“Don’t worry, I’m not letting you go if you’re not in good hands.”

 

 

-

 

 

Yeontae was waiting for his friends and Jinkyu at the station where the army bus was supposed to drop them. He was in his trainee outfit as he was supposed to be. He felt happy and nervous at the same time while playing with the hem of his black tee.

The bus stopped and a dozen young people got down in their army outfits. His friends were among them.

Jinkyu smiled as he saw him. Yeontae felt all fuzzy on the inside.

The taller boy put his bag down and took him in his arms, lifting him up.

“Jinkyu !”

The other’s arms were encircling his waist so tight.

“Put me down !”

Jinkyu shook his head while looking straight at him. Was it happiness in his eyes ? Because at this very moment, Yeontae was pretty sure that was what his own gaze showed.

“Sorry to disturb your rom com moment but we’re still here !” Inho snapped.

Yeontae turned his head to look at their friends who were standing there, their bags on the shoulder, Yunsol covering Taeyeon’s eyes and Inho being on the phone.

“Why are y’all always covering my eyes like I’m some kind of ?!” Taeyeon cried out while pushing Yunsol away.

Yeontae sighed as the younger finally put him down.

“I can’t even enjoy reuniting with my little man in peace !” Jinkyu frowned at Inho.

‘Little man’, Yeontae didn’t feel offended but this was classic Jinkyu.

“Did you eat cheese or what ?” Yunsol scoffed. “Anyway, let’s head home, I’m worn out.”

 

Inho had come back at his parents’ but Jinkyu, Yunsol and Taeyeon were roommates. On the way to their apartment, Yeontae’s mind couldn’t focus on anything else than what his father had told him the day before.

“Babe, you okay ?”

“Huh ?”

Jinkyu was giving him a questioning look. He nodded hastily but wasn’t that convincing.

“You sure ..?”

“Yeah ! Of course…” He hummed hesitantly.

 

As the four of them arrived at the flat, Yunsol threw his combat boots away and started undressing in the middle of the living room.

“Yunsol, what even ?!” Taeyeon yelled at him. “Go to your room if you wanna do that, you crazy nudist !”

“Oh come on !”

“Get out of here !”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter