Chapter 9

A war is near
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I hope you all learn from this.” Kim muttered as the remaining boys were setting up their new camp. They had changed their location to avoid running into the infected. Again.

Yeontae was still shaken by what had happened and couldn’t fathom how things had gone down this fast for them to end up with less than half of the original team. He glanced at Jinkyu who was taking their food out for dinner. Their gazes crossed and the other one gave him a soft smile.

The four trainees and their leader sat down inside the invisible tent and ate in complete silence. Kim still looked angry. Justifiably.

The rest of the dinner went on without anyone uttering a single word.

“Sangwook takes the first watch, then Giseok. I’ll take the last one. Yeontae and Jinkyu will take the next night.”

They all nodded and Sangwook took his rifle and went outside of the tent, closing the flap behind himself.

“Lights out.” Kim said sternly and went to his sleeping bag.

“Kim…?” Jinkyu risked.

“I said: lights out !” He snapped, his back facing them.

Yeontae gave his boyfriend a questioning look. The other one shrugged and took his combat boots off. He sighed and followed suit. Giseok was already in his sleeping bag, mouthing them a ‘good night’ before closing his eyes.

He lied down and pulled his sleeping bag up to his nose to protect himself from the cold. Warmth was emanating from Jinkyu’s body next to him.

His boyfriend’s hand found his in the dark. They looked for each other’s faces, blind. Their lips touched. It was short and quiet, but the familiar feel still made his heart pound. A ‘good night’ got barely murmured against his cheek. He whispered back an ‘I love you’.

“Me too.” And a quiet kiss in the corner of his lips.

 

 

Yeontae’s eyes shot open.

His whole body tensed. Arms were wrapped around his stomach, his back against a warm chest, a leg on top of his. He tried to free himself from the hold but failed miserably. And where was he ?!

This was not his bed, not his room, not his house.

“Hey.”

The deep voice. It dawned on him.

“Hello…?” He let out in a high-pitched voice.

“Sleep well ?”

“Hm hm…”

He got turned around, ending up face to face with him.

“Jinkyu.” He breathed out, nerves in his tone.

“Yeontae.” The younger chuckled.

“I… I gotta go.”

“Hey, there’s no rush.” Jinkyu brushed a strand of hair off his face, making him inevitably blush. “Or do you have somewhere where you absolutely need to go ?”

“Hm… my… Oh no !” He rolled aside in a hurry, looking for his jeans. They were tossed on the floor at the bottom of the bed. He stretched his arm out while trying to keep the blanket on himself and searched his pockets for his phone.

“Yeontae ?” Jinkyu still had his arm loosely around his waist.

He finally found his phone and checked for any missed calls from his parents. Instead, he was greeted with Inho’s text.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter