10. A Warm Place

Mark My Words

Nightmare. Not the kind people tend to have. No, Mark's is a memory… A memory he thought was buried deep inside of his mind, but deep down he knows. The truth is that it will stay deeply embedded in his soul and heart as long as he lives. With Grief, regrets, thankfulness. For what? Being alive and trying his best to do what that person would have wanted. Forgiving himself and being happy. It's easier said than done yet, Lee Taeyong exists. Taeyong. His husband, his other half, his lover and partner in life and for life.

 

Five years ago Mark lost faith in love, he even thought he could never truly fall for someone and be this happy. But then Taeyong appeared in his life. Or rather, he was somehow always there, just listening to him and watching over his drunkass. Mark never remembered sleeping outside or somewhere shady. After a long night in the bar with his barista, Mark always woke up in his bed, with the clothes he wore the day before of course. Too embarrassed and shy to say a thing about it, Mark would just drop by the next day and order some coffee and leave a larger tip and a quiet, "thank you." Only for Taeyong to hear, before leaving the bar. Sometimes he would make the mistake to look back, and fidget with his scarf before flying out of there with a very much visible blush on his face. 

A smiling Taeyong is lethal.

 

 

                     Lfn9fyUQ-TADyN97qHuGMOGrfd_zUJV-PQgP3J1vsMgjFbhYOs5yoNf2UY6HKHg20hiPAtAxibO_2G8_EyskYeyUnEahgqm81Fq0igivb0qLaxw0izXhxB9VMYuB2scQsNyHyb0SLfn9fyUQ-TADyN97qHuGMOGrfd_zUJV-PQgP3J1vsMgjFbhYOs5yoNf2UY6HKHg20hiPAtAxibO_2G8_EyskYeyUnEahgqm81Fq0igivb0qLaxw0izXhxB9VMYuB2scQsNyHyb0S

 

 

 

That one fateful night at the bar proved him entirely wrong. From a heartbroken Mark drowning in alcohol and spilling all about his lame love-life and the dark-haired barista always there, quietly listening to his rantings.

 

Though, upon hearing Mark's tirades about the man that cheated on him for the nineteenth time that night, Taeyong’s filter seemed to have lost itself somewhere, as he blurted out loud, "If you were mine, I would stay yours and only yours forever." staring straight at a drunk Mark who froze in his seat, looked up and down twice and finally seemed to come to terms with the fact that he heard right. Mark cleared his throat awkwardly and mumbled something about how he should only say that to the person he loved. The red twinging his neck saying something else. A small chuckle left Taeyong’s soft looking lips, not that Mark was watching. The older man surveyed the amount of cups spread in front of Mark and mentally called it quit for the drunken little thing. Mark tried asking for another glassㅡ His eyes barely open though he tried. And it was cute, but nope. The barista holed up a cab and they took off in the brightly dark night.

 

 

                        Lfn9fyUQ-TADyN97qHuGMOGrfd_zUJV-PQgP3J1vsMgjFbhYOs5yoNf2UY6HKHg20hiPAtAxibO_2G8_EyskYeyUnEahgqm81Fq0igivb0qLaxw0izXhxB9VMYuB2scQsNyHyb0SLfn9fyUQ-TADyN97qHuGMOGrfd_zUJV-PQgP3J1vsMgjFbhYOs5yoNf2UY6HKHg20hiPAtAxibO_2G8_EyskYeyUnEahgqm81Fq0igivb0qLaxw0izXhxB9VMYuB2scQsNyHyb0S

 

 

 

Every time Mark's eyes lands on Taeyong’s half-moon smiling eyes gazing directly at him as a full blown smile appears on his face while he laughs at one of his own lame jokes he thinks that his universe is complete and as always, he finds himself laughing along. A full moon.

 He doesn't laugh because he finds most of his jokes funny; hell noㅡ  It’s just that even if he doesn't get them, he can't help it. It’s just Taeyong. His Taeyong. Who by the way, laughs at his own jokes and it  is more than enough to rip giggles out from Mark ㅡ Because his baby’s laugh is as contagious as it is melodious.  And what a gorgeous melody was it.

 

 

 

                     Lfn9fyUQ-TADyN97qHuGMOGrfd_zUJV-PQgP3J1vsMgjFbhYOs5yoNf2UY6HKHg20hiPAtAxibO_2G8_EyskYeyUnEahgqm81Fq0igivb0qLaxw0izXhxB9VMYuB2scQsNyHyb0SLfn9fyUQ-TADyN97qHuGMOGrfd_zUJV-PQgP3J1vsMgjFbhYOs5yoNf2UY6HKHg20hiPAtAxibO_2G8_EyskYeyUnEahgqm81Fq0igivb0qLaxw0izXhxB9VMYuB2scQsNyHyb0S

 

 

 

 The memory of the loss of his father and it's all because of him. He drowned right in front of his eyes.

 

Mark’s eyes shoot open as he hears himself frantically shouting Taeyong’s name and then he’s sinking. Sinking into the blue, abyss of the sea.

 

With Taeyong’s warm body pressed tightly against his back and his hands holding Mark’s waist and rubbing comforting circles on the soft skin of his waist. Mark cannot hold back his tears anymore and he wants to see Taeyong’s face, make sure that he’s here with him and unhurt, so he turns his body around, now facing Taeyong’s concerned yet understanding and loving gaze. More sobs wracked through him at the reassuring sight. Of course, Taeyong is here, safe, with him and not drowning like his father.

 

Mark feels safe like this, his head folded under Taeyong’s chin and not drowning like in that nightmare. He slowly noses all the up Taeyong’s neck until he finds his Adam's apple and the bobs of his Adam's apple along with Taeyong's sweet honey mixed with coffee scent and calm breathing pulls him back into a serene sleep. This time Mark doesn't dream. He just floated in the safe river of Taeyong's warmth.

 

 

__________________________________________

I finally finished this and what a timing lol. Merry Christmas to all!! I think my writing spirit is finally coming back to me so I'll hopefully put up more stuff!  
I've been hooked on Dragon Ball nowadays and I shall write a dragon ball !au next. 
Enjoy this Christmas treat and see ya' soon, maybe~