praefinitum

praestigium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jiyong-ahhh" A cheery yet soft voice awoke him from his nap. He opened his eyes slowly, adjusting to the harsh lighting. What greeted him was his favorite sight, the most beautiful woman on earth.

"Hi baby." he drawled huskily. They were the only ones in the studio, as Teddy left Jiyong sleeping on the couch. Dara was crouching beside him, staring at his tired face and caressing itaffectionately, worry evident on her face. Jiyong held her face in one hand, confused and worried about her expression.

"What's wrong baby?" He straightened up from his lying position and sat back, grabbing Dara's hands as he pulled her up to sit beside him.

"You're overworking yourself again. Look at you, you look exhausted. You need to sleep and eat properly." Dara's face was stern as her brows started to furrow and her lips pouting. She was starting to get mad which highly amused Jiyong. Doesn't she know that she looks her cutest when she's mad. She's no where near threathening at all. 

"Arraso, mianhe jagiya" Jiyong uttered cutely, pouting his lips in effect. Dara giggled seeing him acting cute and pouting, a smile emerging from her face as she inched the gap between them and puckered her lips to give him a kiss-

"Can you guys please, for the love of all that's holy, get a room? You do know that this is a studio right? A place where people work?" Teddy continued to nag as he sat himself down, muttering curses to himself as he felt violated from seeing Jiyong acting cute. The pout on Jiyong's face turned into a scowl as he craned his neck towards Teddy's direction. Hyung or not, he just majorly cockbocked him. Not cool, so not cool. Teddy felt a heavy stare upon him, if his glares were lazer, he would probably be dead right now. He, obviously since no way would the precious little bean named Dara glare at him, the dragon beside him surely would. Well, he couldn't blame the guy. One, he ed their passionate moment and two, he just saw him acting all lovesick and gross.

Teddy raised his arms in defeat staring blankly at Jiyong. "Okay, okay. I'm leaving, i'm leaving." He stood up from his seat and trudged towards the door making Dara giggle as she covered and her eyes crinkled. Jiyong's eyes were stuck on Dara, whipping his head towards her as soon as he heard her melodious chuckle. He could only grin seeing her happy as he caressed her hair making her look at him. He grabbed her gently towards him, stuffing her in the crook of his neck as his other hand wrapped around her in embrace. 

Teddy glanced back at the two, a small smile emerging from his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 

Jiyong was lying on the sofa, his eyes closing every now and then as he fought off sleep. With their upcoming album about to be released, he has to work overtime to finish certain details to perfect their new album. The door opened revealing his best friend, yongbae. His lips stretched out into a grin seeing his best mate visiting him but seeing his stoic expression, his brows furrowed in wonder. 

“What’s wrong man? Why so serious?” He tried to crack a joke but the latter seemed indifferent. He stalked his way closer to Jiyong stopping in front of him, the coffee table right in the middle. He could only look up in wonder, still clueless about the bizarre behaviour of Yongbae. He was always the cheerful one amongst them so seeing him this serious worries him alot. 

“Man, why don’t you speak up?” He stared at yongbaes face down to his body, his mind whirling with different possibilities. “You’re not sick are you?” That was then he noticed that the man was holding unto an envelope on his right hand. “What’s that for?” He stared at the object at hand making yongbae stare at it too.

A mocking smirk was pasted on his face, “Oh this? Sajangmin was actually trying to hide this from me. He got out of a meeting with one of the reporters of dispatch and that damned reporter had a huge smirk on his face as he saw me out. As soon as I entered, Sajangmin scrambled to hide this, but I was too quick.” He threw the envelope on the table. “Aren’t you curious to what’s in it?” He gestured towards the envelope, pocketing his left hand as he stood.

Jiyong was getting anxious, much more curious. He has known Yongbae for more than 10 years and this type of attitude is surely not him. He slowly reached out for the envelope and held it with both hands, he glanced at yongbae’s direction and then tentatively opened the envelope with a careful hand.

Paper. A stack of paper. That was what’s inside but the texture is different, it was silky and a bit sticky on one side while the other was smooth. 

It’s not just an ordinary stack of paper but these are photos. A stack of photos. 

Dread started to fill Jiyong as he lifted the bunch out of its confinement. He had a gut feeling of what would be inside seeing that he was just in Japan a month ago, more importantly, who he was with in Japan a month ago. 

And he was right. 

Staring back at him were photos of him and Kiko Mizuhara, a Japanese model that has been linked to him for years. The pictures varied from them hugging and whispering to each others ears. These pictures could still be lamented as a sign of their close friendship. These were just his usual actions but it just felt off, he felt as if this is just the calm before the storm. He continued flipping through the different photographs and the last one was what struck him. His gut was right. 

The last photo was them kissing on the lips. 

One look of the photo by an outsider,  would confirm that they were dating. It’s not like they could justify this as a sign of friendship, some of his fans even go crazy when he touches a hand of a female idol, what more a kiss on the lips to one of his heavily rumored to be beau. He can’t possibly just say that it was just an effect of too much alcohol, which it was. That would only make matters way worse. 

“Don’t worry. Sajangnim already dealt with the photographer and even made him sign a non-disclosure agreement. If that’s what your wondering about.” Jiyong could only sigh in relief. An annoyed grunt made him look up. “What?” He asked yongbae, perplexed about his attitude. 

“Are you seriously asking me that?” 

“What did I even do?” He asked in wonder. Seriously clueless. 

“I thought you were a genius but you sure are dumb as a doormat. You have a bloody girlfriend for crying out loud and you go kissing some other girl! And you ing ask me what’s wrong with it?” Yongbae’s eyes were bulging in rage. His temper rising. He may be his best friend, but he grew up with Dara too. He sees her as family, and seeing him ing things up truly hurts him. 

“I was drunk that time. She’ll understand.” Jiyong sat back on the sofa, relaxed and somewhat smug. 

“How long will she keep on understanding you Jiyong?” Yongbae’s shoulders slumped in defeat. Getting furious at him would get him nowhere, how long has this thing been happening? Two years? Three years? “I don’t get you. I understood it back then because you were truly innocent. People made up rumors about you and linked you with different celebrities but those were all just lies. You even just went with it to protect Dara, but now? Are you still doing this bull to protect her? Don’t delude yourself, just break up with her. Stop hurting her and let her go.” 

“I can’t.” Jiyong propped his elbows on his knees, dropping his head atop his hands. “I can’t let her go bae. She’s my life. I love her. I love her so bad.” 

“If you love her, then why are you doing all this?” It pained him to see his best friend break down like this. He always put up his walls, always just showing laughter and anger. After his last scandal, Jiyong changed. His once bashful and innocent best friend turned calculative and guarded. He never showed his pain and his weakness. Jiyong tried to act like nothing was wrong but he knows better, they aren’t best friends for nothing. He walked closer towards Jiyong and plopped himself beside the man, a reassuring hand gently caressing his back. “You know that I’m always here for you. You can tell me what’s wrong.” 

Jiyong rubbed his face, taking a deep, long breath. He glanced at Yongbae, putting on a heavy smile that didn’t reach his eyes. 

“I’m okay… I’ll be okay.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were stuck in a heavy silence. Jiyong mulling over his thoughts while Yongbae was staring at him in worry. How many minutes has it been since he last spoke? Since he spoke? He couldn't gather the courage to utter a single world or even divert the topic. For all the years they've known each other, this has got to be the most awkward and tense moment they've encountered. But I guess Jiyong was unaffected, seeing how his eyes are staring at nowhere in particular seemingly lost in the abyss of his thoughts. He didn't want to even breath, thinking his breathing would distrupt whatever is in his mind. They are supposed to be bestfriends for crying out loud! Why does he have no clue about what's troubling his best mate? It felt horrible and pathetic on his part to not know. As if he was robbed of his right to be called his friend. How long has he been like this? How long has he been hiding his pain? I guess it has been going on for a couple years. He should've noticed this back then, I guess he did but left him on his own. Just waiting, simply waiting for him to approach him and personally tell him about whatever is bothering him. He never wanted to act as if he's intruding his life. He's no meddler. He listens when he's needed. 

But, Jiyong is not the type to keep secrets. He just doesn't know how to, hence his monicker as a cheap mouth.

I guess times has changed.

A cellphone ding awoke jiyong and yongbae from their thoughts. Yongbae reached for his phone in his pocket and saw that it was a message from TOP. Jiyong was just watching him. "It's from Top hyung." 

"What does it say?" Jiyong asked curious as ever. Yongbae's eyes were glued on his phone, reading the text aloud for Jiyong to hear. "He said that tonight's his farewell party. Come to his house and tell you, since your not anwsering you phone." Jiyong nodded along, standing up from his seat and going towards the booth gathering his phone and wallet. He was about to reach the door when he realized that Yongbae still hasn't moved from his spot.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." He walked towards the door and held the knob, his actions were stopped by a chuckle. "What?" He grunted, annoyed. "You know you haven't showered right? And you're only wearing sweats? And you're going to Top hyung's farewell party looking like that?" Yongbae couldn't help but chuckle. And with that, it was as if Jiyong was splashed with ice cold water. He looked down to see his ratty sweats and stinking shirt and opened his phone to the camera app. He looked like a disaster. Truly.

He looked up and stared at Yongbae, a sheepish grin on his face. "Imma shower first and change." Then he rushed out, leaving yongbae laughing at his antics. 

An hour or two later, Jiyong came back to the studio, a sleeping yongbae greeting him. He was slumped on the couch, his feet raised up on the coffee table and his head craned on the pillow behind him. His mouth was slightly agape, light snores revreating from his lips. Jiyong could only chuckle as he immediately whipped up his phone, a brilliant idea in mind. He neared yongbae, openning instagram. He pressed his phone on his face, recording a video of yongbae sleeping. He lightly tapped yongbae, "yongbae-ahhh" he sweetly uttered, muffling his laugh. Yongbae was starting to stir awake, jiyong zoomed in on his face, capturing his face entirely. It was already too late when youngbae realized what Jiyong has done. He has already pressed the send button making all of his millions of followers laugh along at the sily sight of dong yongbae. 

"You motherer." Yongbae uttered slightly pissed off. Jiyong only laughed at that and grabbed Yongbae's arm pulling him up and resting his arm on his shoulder. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You two finally arrived!” Top greeted them with open arms as they entered his door. They could only give a sheepish grin as they too opened their arms and inched close to be wrapped in between Top’s huge arms. Would you look at that? Three grown men wrapped in a group hug, more like two baby bears wrapped in the arms of their mama bear, only that their mama bear tends to act like a baby.

“Blame Jiyong for it, it took him forever to get ready.” Yongbae tattled on Jiyong as soon as Top released them from his arms. Jiyong could only glare at his bestfriend, the latter offering a peace sign and a sheepish grin in apology. Top casted his eyes dead set on Jiyong making the younger fellow smile hesitantly.

Everyone is aware of Top’s piercing eyes.

Anyone that is blessed to revceive it either their pants or fall for him.

You could guess what happened.

“Opppa!!”

A loud shrill nasally voice came out of Jiyong's mouth, his arms clinging unto Top’s side as he craned his neck to stare at him. He was batting his lashes and pouting his lips to boot, much to the amusement of Top. Yongbae could only gasp in disbelief as the others that witnessed the display either gasped in mortification or chuckled at the sight.

“For that, you are forgiven. Now let go of me.” Top peeled his arms of him, a light laugh escaping his lips. Jiyong continued to pout, much to Top’s amusement. He was stifling his laugh but his eyes were shining in laughter.

“Go to your girlfriend, you crazy dragon. Go.” He raised his arm and pointed inside, gesturing for him to scoot while shaking his hand whisking him away.

“Hmmp!” Jiyong turned his head and went inside leaving the two staring at him. He was galloping his way, craning his neck obviously looking for a certain lady. The two could only shake their heads. “That lovesick buffoon. Seeing him act this way makes me doubt all his scandals. Just look at him, he’s like a kid looking for his mother.” Yongbae stared at Top, a thought sparking in his head. “That actually does make sense.” The two were focused on their leader, watching him walk around craning his neck and buzzing around. He was obviously disinterested to the ladies approaching him, quickly zooming past them without even glancing at their direction, only stopping and giving a short greeting to respectable seniors and officials. Most of the girls he ignored were the ones linked to him back the, while others were models who clung to him at clubs. He was usually overly “friendly” to them but now his full attention was on the search of his beloved Sandara Park.

A huge grin appeared on Jiyong's face as he has finally found his baby. He immediately jogged towards her side, draping an arm on her shoulder. He nuzzled her neck and pressed her close to him as he wrapped his other arm around her trapping her securlely in an embrace. Dara stood still, obviously taken aback by his sudden display of affection making her ears and cheeks turn red from embarrassment,her skin turning even a darker shade of red as jeers and hoots were made by Chaerin and Bom, with Minzy being a bit more shy and covering her eyes with her hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter