001

Daddy Daehyun

 

 

Working on a Saturday wasn’t part of your weekend plans.

It wasn’t even part of your contract but you understood that this was an exception as your company was about to seal a very important deal.

You were going to spend the day with your husband and son but here you were, seated at your desk. It was so early too. Your son was probably still sleeping soundly, unaware that you weren’t home and that he had to spend the day with his dad only.

The office was quite chaotic; everyone was rushing to take the calls and to have everything ready for the upcoming meeting and you were revising a pile of documents that your boss left you. The morning passed by so quickly you didn’t even notice it was already past 10 when your phone rang. It was an incoming FaceTime call from Daehyun and you betted he was calling you because he couldn’t find the pan or forgot how to use the new washing machine and you laughed. You managed to answer the call while still skimming the files and spoke right away.

“Daehyun I’m kinda busy right now—“ you were interrupted by a voice but not your husband’s voice.

“Mommy!” You looked at the screen and saw your son smiling and waving at you and you immediately left everything you were doing.

“Jaewonie! I thought you were sleeping. Did daddy wake you up because he was bored by himself?” your smile couldn’t be any bigger.

Your 4-year-old kid giggled. “Yes, and daddy made pancakes! Are you going to come to eat your pancakes, mommy?”

“I am at work right now,” you looked at the pile of papers over your desk again, “but I promise I’ll go home as soon as I can, sweetie.”

“Okay~ but don’t take long! I miss youuu,” he was so cheerful in the morning; this was definitely going to help you go through the rest of the day.

He blew a kiss to the camera. “I love you, mommy!” and then he put the phone so close you could only see his little lips.

“And I love you, Jaewonie. Now mommy has to keep working, so be good to daddy, okay?”

Before you ended the call you could hear Daehyun saying “what about me?” amid your son’s giggles. This was such a nice surprise. You were so jealous they were going to spend the day together while you were missing all the fun but as there was nothing you could do about it you kept working among all the chaos.

 

Luckily, lunch time came fast and you took your lunchbox out of your bag to eat at your own office.

When you opened it, you saw that it was such a colorful meal nicely organized. Right, as you didn’t have time to prepare it yourself, Daehyun did it for you. What did you do to deserve someone like him?

 While eating the chicken that Daehyun kindly made for you, your phone rang again.

When you answered the call you saw Daehyun and Jaewon seated on his lap, making silly faces to the camera while waiting for you to answer.

“Hi, honey!” your husband greeted you. “Say hi, Jaewon-ah. Hi~~” He waved again for his son to follow him.

“Hi mommy!” he said, waving his little hand and almost dropping the food plate in front of him.

“Did you see the lunch I prepared especially for you?” Daehyun asked, leaning his head lightly on Jaewon’s head and smiled.

“Yes, Dae. Thank you so much! I’m even eating it right now,” you showed your fork to the camera before putting it in your mouth.

“Great! Because we called you to have lunch together. Right, Jaewonie? We’re gonna keep mommy company today”

“Yes~! Daddy made mine too, look!” He took his plate and showed it to you, almost dropping the food again and Daehyun laughed at his cuteness.

“Alright, alright. Now it’s time to eat like mommy is doing.” Daehyun put some food on Jaewon’s little spoon and put it in front of him. “This one is for mommy. Say ahh~~”

Jaewon was such an obedient kid. Seeing your husband feeding him and your son happily eating what he prepared for him made your heart rejoice with love. You were so into the moment that it didn’t feel like you were on the phone but actually in front of them, witnessing everything.

“So tell me, Jaewonie. What have you been doing until now?” you were happily munching on your food now.

“Daddy and I were playing with my toys but he got hungry so daddy came to the kitchen to make lunch. He made some for Kekemato too!” He took his plushie from the chair and put it next to him so you could see it.

“Daehyun don’t eat your son’s food!” You told him between laughs when you saw him eating while your child was telling you about his day. He showed you his kitty smile that you loved so much.

He started moving the spoon up and down in the air. “Okay, now this one is for daddy. Ahhh~~ yes you’re a good kid!”

“Daddy has to eat too,” Jaewon moved his plate to Daehyun’s side and took the spoon from his daddy’s hand to feed him. “Eat one for mommy!” Daehyun gladly ate and then looked at the camera, making a face to show how tasty it was.

You were finishing your meal when your boss peeked out from your office door and signaled you to go with him because the meeting was about to start.

“Ugh, my boss is calling me now. Jaewonie, eat all your food, okay? After this I’ll go home so we can play all you want! Do everything that daddy says~”

“Okay, mommy!”

“And give daddy a kiss for me~” you blew him a kiss.

Jaewon turned to Daehyun and gave him a kiss on his cheek, which made your husband smile again.

“I love you both! Bye!” You waved to the camera and they did too. Jaewon a bit too excited that made Daehyun almost drop his phone.

“Bye baby, good luck on your meeting!” The call was ended and you took all your folders and rushed to the conference room.

 

The meeting took more than you thought but at least everything went well and your company managed to seal the so important deal that made you work on a Saturday.

Daehyun would send you a lot of pictures during the afternoon that showed Jaewon playing and selfies of them together blowing kisses, wearing animal headbands or playing with each other. You couldn't hide your wide smile at everything they were doing that sometimes people looked at you so you had to put your phone back in your pocket.

 

As soon as your boss told you that you could leave you took your coat and bag and headed to the bus stop. It was almost 9 but your son would still be awake when you get home so you could play with him before going to bed.

When you were in front of your house you saw that the lights were on and opened the door. All his toys were on the floor, some blankets were messily over the chairs in what seemed to be a fort and the living room was a mess. They sure had a good time together playing all day but now the whole house was silent.

You went upstairs and headed to Jaewon’s room, only to find Daehyun sleeping curled up on his side in your son’s bed while your kid was sleeping in a starfish position in his arms. Your heart melted at such beautiful and cute image that you stood there looking at them for a moment before taking out your phone to take a picture.

You were so happy to have them as your family; Daehyun was such a great husband and a wonderful dad and your son was a happy and healthy kid. You were the luckiest.

You took one of the blankets that were lying on the floor to cover your husband and kissed Jaewon and Daehyun goodnight.

 

~~