They Sent You

Always

[Momo's POV]

“You need to let go, just trust yourself!” Wooyoung shouts. He keeps yelling as the bell rings and I jump up from the stool. I pump my gloves together and bounce on my feet as my opponent comes at me.

I jab with my left opening up for an uppercut. With one swift movement the hit lands hard, but it doesn’t seem to phase her. As soon as the gap is closed I send another jab that flies over her head, then I feel the sting of a hard punch land on my left cheek. I send a haymaker her way and again she avoids it.

Three quick jabs to my stomach send me stumbling back towards the corner. The fans shout as my opponent lands punch after punch. I duck under her last punch and jump away, creating space. Without warning she comes sprinting at me, but I duck and take her down to the mat. My right fist comes crashing down on the woman’s nose and I twist her around. I grab her arm and lock her into place with my legs across her chest.

I feel the referee tap my hand and yell stop. I let go instantly and roll onto my stomach. I then get to my feet as the referee holds up my hand for winning. I nod towards Taecyeon and Wooyoung with a smile on my face.

Once the referee lets go of my hand I hop out of the ring and Wooyoung greets me. “You did good!” he shouts over the crowd.

As we walk a man hands me the earned winnings and I take them in between my gloves. Momo leads me downstairs and into the locker room to remove my gloves and wraps.

“They added in an extra hundred. We also got some tips. Good work kid!”

“Hey. That fight was alright.” I look up to see Kai with a girl hanging off his arm. “Come to the official league and let’s have a big fight.” I look down and try to ignore him. “Bro, long time no see,” he says to Wooyoung.

“I’m not your bro!” I put my hand on Wooyoung's shoulder and try to calm him down. Kai not worth this.

“You could’ve come up with me. Left that kook of a brother.” Kai turns to the girl, “Let’s go.” Before leaving though Kai turns back to me. “See you in the ring soon.”

I glare at him as he leaves.

“That er left us for the big money,” Wooyoung complains. “He couldn’t even pay his rent and now he’s driving a Benz.”

“Hey, please cut here?” I point to the swelling over my left eye trying to change the subject.

“The swelling will go down soon.”

I smile and laugh a bit. “She’s gunna kill me.”

“But you’re happy,” Wooyoung smiles back at me. “You never stop smiling.”

I just nod and smile back.

I wince a bit as he cuts into the part swelling above my eye. Blood and pus seep out and he soaks it up with a couple of q tips.

 

 

 

-///-

 

 

 

“I’m home!” I shout as I enter the apartment.

Mina rushes towards me and hugs me. “How was the fight? Let me see.” She lets go of me and runs a hand gently over my face. I hold in a groan as she touches the sore areas, but it’s worth it to see her smiling. “Not bad,” she says, although it was probably one of my worst fights.

She gives me a peck and runs her hands up and down my sides. “Can we go somewhere tomorrow? You have the day off right?”

“Yeah. Where do you have in mind?”

 

 

 

-////-

 

 

She grasps my hand tighter and brings it to her lips. I look at her smiling face and then out the window. Trees flash by as the train moves along the tracks.

“Meet my parents Momo.” Mina runs her hand over the urn.

I bow out of respect. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“You like her right Dad? You told me to bring whoever I date, so here she is.” Mina leans forward and pretends to listen to her parents. “Huh, really Mom? She’s got a good body, but isn’t good looking?!”

I feel Mina's warm hand run down my cheek. I grin even if she’s trying to make fun of me.

“I knew she was a good person right when I met her. She’s got a warm voice.” I look at Mina and smile.

“I was driving my family home from campus. I had insisted that I wanted to see them and told them that if they’d drive up to get me, I’d drive them back. Even though it was supposed to rain, I thought everything would be fine. I’d drive carefully.”

I listen as Mina continues to talk.

“Out of the corner of my eye I saw a huge flame falling. And when I looked more closely… it was a man. He fell down and down and down, until he landed on a pile of crates.”

I watch as Mina clenches her eyes shut, holding back her tears.

“A truck was driving by in the opposite lane and got startled by everything that happened. He clipped the car beside him… and then that car smashed into the side of the car I was driving. I-I remember the windows shattering and the car rolling multiple times.”

My eyes widen as Mina's tells her story.

 

[Flashback]

“Hey, open the door!”

“Who the hell?” I shout.

I let go of the man and go to answer the door.

“Police! Someone reported that they heard fighting.” The pounding on the door continued. “Open the door now!”

My breathing increases and I sigh. I don’t know what to do. I turn to look at the man, but I see something unexpected. He’s pouring something on him, but I’m not sure what.

“What the hell are you doing?” I ask him as I tilt my head.

“Don’t live like this. You’ll regret it.”

Suddenly his arm bursts into flames as he lights a match. My eyes widen in shock and I sprint towards the man. I grab his shirt as he falls from the window. I clutch onto him and with my free hand I grasp the wall, trying not to fall out myself. He looks up at me with a pained expression as his body burns. I can feel the heat from just holding onto him and I can’t imagine the amount of pain he’s going through.

His eyes plead for me to let him go, for me to end his life. I clench my eyes shut and turn my head away as I let his body fall. I watch as his flaming body descends and crashes to the ground.

I look up when I hear tires screech and see a truck clip the car beside it. Then the car swerves and hits the side of a passing car. The car tumbles over and over and eventually comes to a rest. My eyes widen in sheer horror of the events that just unfolded.

[Flashback End]

“I hit my head in that accident. A-and the last thing that I saw was rain start to hit the asphalt. That’s why I don’t like rain anymore. It reminds me of my parents that I lost that day. I wish they weren’t hurt. I really do… They must be watching over me.” Mina looks at me.

“I believe they sent you.”

 

 

 

-////-

 

 

I scream out as I jab repeatedly into the the punching bag. I don’t care that I can feel the blood seeping down my knuckles and between my fingers. I don’t care that my muscles burn and sweat drenches my body.

I stop and lean my head against the bag and I finally break down. Tears burn my cheeks and my body shakes as I scream out again.

I collapse to the ground and rock back and forth as I cry. It’s all my fault. Everything bad that has happened to her is because of me. Because of my bad choices. Because I’m a bad person and always will be.

I return home with a heavy heart and my head sagging. But when I get there, Mina isn’t there to greet me as usual. I walk further in and gasp as I see a pot on the floor and contents everywhere. Maru whines as I look at him.

“Mina?”

 

 

-///-

 

 

I sprint through the hospital and push the door open to the quick care. A nurse directs me to where Mina is and I continue to sprint down the hallway. Beds and beds line the walls and I finally reach the end.

I sigh with relief as I spot her sitting on the end of one of the beds. She’s holding her bandaged wrist, but she seems to be okay.

She hears my footsteps and raises her head. “Momo?”

I look away unable to look her in the eyes, and then the doctor called me.

While Mina was still getting check, I was talking to the doctor inside his office.

“Sit down please,” says the doctor.

I sit down and listen to what he has to say.

“The regression is fully progressed. If you leave her like this, she’ll lose her eyesight forever within the next month.”

“Is there any other way than waiting for a donor?” I ask.

“Actually there is…” my heart soars at hearing this news.


A/N: AHH there's a way to fix mina eyes?! Well we just have to see in the next chapter, sorry for making momo suffer in her ): but anyways I have a funny story to tell you guys, you don't have to read it but if so then you guys will laugh LOL

So, Story Time:

I was meeting my girlfriend parent's on saturday, and I was nervous as hell because they're very strict people so yeah who wouldn't be scared? and so we have a lovely dinner, I did everything I can to make her parent's like me but it was weird they seem not to like me, until my girlfriend brother who is my bestfriend his name is Mason, he figure out why their parent's don't like me.

so here's the convo we had.

Mason: "Ok I think I might know why my parent's don't like you.."

Me: "YOU DO WHY?!"

Mason: "Okay remember, spring break last year, I got high in my bedroom and my parents walked in and smelled it and so I told them it was you who gotten high and jump out the window.."

Me: "WHAT?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT"

Mason: "Uh I don't know *laughs* yours was the first name that popped into my head, I'm sorry I didn't think it would matter.."

Me: "HOW COULD IT NOT MATTER?"

Mason: "WELL, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YOU WERE GOING OUT MY SISTER AND MEETING MY PARENTS?"

Me: "You know, I've a huge crush on your sister since we were litte!" 

Mason: "I don't know man.. I was all high."

and after that me and my girlfriend tried to convinced Mason to fixed it by talking to his parent's that it was him who got high, and everything was fixed! and her parent's now love me LOL so I hated my bestfriend for that but it was really funny to tell you guys.