Forever

Always

[Mina's POV]

“I’ll leave it here for now,” I say as a place the little turtle onto the display shelf next to some of my pots. “It seems sick. I need to take it to the vet.”

Mark looks at me and nods. He ended up learning that I’d lied about being married, but he never made a move. He respected me and he even helped me expand my shop.

“I’ll be right back,” I say.

“Yeah, take your time.”

I grab Maru's leash and we walk down the busy streets together.

 

[Momo's POV]

I watch her pass by with Maru and clench my fist tighter on my cane. I take in a deep breath and limp my way towards her little store.

It’s perfect. It’s exactly what she had told me she wanted. It’s simple and homey and welcoming. I wobble my way to the back of the store and look at the plants. Then my eyes land on my turtle. I smile seeing that the little fella is still alive. He’s just sitting in a jar, but he’s alive.

I reach my hand up and touch the plant next to my turtle. It’s all too familiar.

“That’s an evening primrose or also known as night jasmine,” a man behind me explains. “It only blooms at night. A beautiful flower really.” I continue to stare at the plant. “Do you want this?”

I nod my head. I look at the man for a while, eventually my gaze falls to the ground. It’s been four years… it’s not like I could expect Mina to not have moved on.

I glance once more at the man as he prepares the potted plant and I look back at my turtle.

As I left the store, a dog barks as I limp down the street, just outside of Mina's store. I don’t mean to, but my body is still clumsy at times and I fall to the ground.

“Maru! Maru!”

I groan as I see Mina sprint around the corner. Her face is shocked and she runs towards me. She kneels down and helps me up while apologizing profusely.

“I’m so sorry he usually doesn’t act that way. Are you okay?”

I don’t answer. Once I’m standing, I make to leave, but she grabs my forearm.

“Are you…” her voice trails off a bit. “I think we met at the hospital,” she says.

I just nod and don’t say anything. I still can’t bring myself to look at her.

“Where are you going? Let me take you.”

Always so nice, I think to myself.

I shake my head and limp away. Maru's barking still ringing in the background. As I go, tears stream down my face and I let out a loud sniffle. At first I thought she had recognized me, but it wasn’t that.

 

[Mina's POV]

I rush back into my store and hand Maru's leash to Mark. “I forgot my wallet,” I tell him.

I go to the back of the store where I left my wallet, but stop. The turtle’s gone. I glance around the shop, but it’s nowhere to be seen.

“Where’s the turtle?” I ask Mark.

“You left it on the shelf,” he says without looking up and continues to pet Maru. But something’s wrong. He;s still barking and whining, which he never done before. It can’t be.

“You okay Mina?” Mark asks me with concern in his voice.

“D-did a woman with a cane… did she come just now?” I ask shakily.

“Yeah.” Mark stands and points to the back shelf. “She bought night jasmine.”

I feel like there’s a knot in my chest and my breathing hastens. My legs move without me telling them and I sprint out of the store. I go towards the place that the woman had fallen and down the street she had walked. I sprint around the area and look madly for her, but she’s nowhere to be seen. Tears fall as my eyes flash around trying to find her. Needing to find her.

I don’t know how long I search, but I don’t find her. My heart sinks and I stumble back to the store. Where could she be?

 

“Yes, the one with the scar!” I say quickly. “In the last room on the second floor.”

I speed down the road, going to the only place I can think of.

“Her name was actually something else. I can’t remember what, but she left a few weeks ago,” the nurse explains.

 

[Momo's POV]

The train rocks a bit on the tracks and I look down at the jar in my hands. The water sloshes around the little turtle and the sun begins to set.

It’s funny how this river never changes. It always flows at the steady pace and bends in the same ways. I sigh as I look past the river and to the orphanage. Sometimes I wish I could go back there, when my life was more simple. When I hadn’t gone through all of the pain I’ve gone through now.

I limp to the edge of the water and place down my bag. I pull out the little jar and unscrew the lid. I gently take the turtle out of it and return it to where it belongs.

"You’re free now."

I pick up my stuff and walk further down the river, where a little table is set up. At the table are two chairs. Mina must have put those there. I can’t think of anyone else that would. Once I get closer, my breath catches in my throat. On the corner of the table is braille, but not just any braille.

‘Her eye discourses. I will answer it,’ I read as I let my fingers run over it. My head sinks as the memories with Mina flood through my mind. I let out a sigh and close my eyes.

“Momo.” It’s funny what sick games the mind can play on someone. I almost think that I can hear her voice. “I told you I would see your face only.”

I furrow my brow. Was this real?

“Why did you make me see only mine?!” The shakiness and emotion of her voice snaps me from my trance. This was real. 

I finally build up enough courage and turn around. I’m still looking at the ground though and I take one more deep breath in before I look up. Her brown eyes are wet and there’s a small smile on her painted lips. As she looks at me her tears finally fall and she covers with a slender hand.

I don’t know what to do, so I look back at the ground. She walks closer and closer to me and stops just a few inches away.

“I’m so sorry, Momo,” she apologizes. I don’t know why she always apologizes for things that she doesn’t need to, but she does. I’m the one that left her. I’m the one that ruined her life in the first place. I’m the one that should be sorry.

I flinch as she places her hand onto my scarred cheek. My body shakes a bit as I hold back the tears. She holds my other cheek and I can feel her trying to guide my gaze upward, but I won’t.

“Look at me,” she pleads. “Look into my eyes.”

I finally raise my head and look at her. I finally look at the woman I love and I can’t hold back my tears anymore. She runs a hand over my lips and nose and then wraps them around my neck, pulling me in. I let out a sigh as I drop my cane and lift my arms to put them around her waist. I lift one hand and run it through her hair. I want to tell her I’m sorry. I want to tell her everything that’s happened.

“I missed you.” She pulls away from me and looks me in the eye. “I love you so much and always will.”

'I love you too, Mina,' I think to myself and hope that I can tell her this aloud in the future.


A/N: THE END. Hey guys! wow I am really REALLY sorry that I took soooo long to update.. but hey thank you guys so much for reading, voting and subscribing this story and waiting for me to update this, Me & the lovely original author of this story we're much appreciated that you guys enjoy this story so much, and *hint hint* there is an sequel (; and that new story is called "Forever" so get ready! Here comes another story!!