Teddy

Family Business

I arrived at my house shortly after we encountered the guys. My mom was the one who had opened the door. My eyes widened.

“Umma…” I whispered.

“What happened?” she asked me, concerned.

“It was nothing, a slip up….” I assured her.

She shook her head at me and lead me towards the sofa. The boys quietly came in and stood in the corner. My parents were very nice and loving to me but when it comes to the boys and the business they’re the meanest people and most intimidating as well.

She took out a first aid kit and dabbed at my cuts.

“Your eye is bruising… That’s no good…” she sighed. “You’ll have to skip school tomorrow…”

My eyes sparkled in excitement but I soon realized the gloom expression on my mom’s expression.

“Ani… I’ll go I can just wear glasses or cover it with makeup…” I assured. She smiled and caressed my cheek.

“Do you know why I want you to go and get an education, Areum-ah?” she asked me, I shook my head.

“The only reason why your father took on the Family business was because he didn't’t get to go to school. Same with me. We didn't’t get the same opportunities as you are so we had no choice but to do what we do now. You, my dear, you have a choice and I want you to take it. Now if you choose to take on the leadership of the Ahimoth then that will be your own free choice, not us forcing you...” she noted. I nodded. “Boys you can go home and rest for tonight. Get plenty of rest.”

“Yeh! ~” They bowed. JinHwan came up to me and pet my head. I smiled sweetly.

“You still owe me meat oppa…” I noted.

“Next time I promise. For now, rest ne…” he smiled and bowed at Mother.

 

As soon as they all left, Mom smirked at me. I looked at her questioningly.

“I’ve never seen JinHwan act like that. He’s usually so cold and indifferent but his interactions with you are super cute...” she smiled.

“Oppa and I have grown by each other’s side… We have a soft spot for each other Mom...” I shrugged.

“Okay~” she cooed and left to the study were dad was probably studying his business plans.

“Areum-ah, come in…” he called to me. I was shocked, he never let me in there before… Now he’s calling me inside.

“N-Ne…” I answered and opened the door slowly.

There was a massive TV monitor behind his desk, which by the way was cluttered with paperwork. I bowed respectfully at him as he smiled at me.

"Had some fun after school i see-" mum jabbed her elbow into his ribs making him groan painfully. "Yeobo~"

"Don't be such a wuss... I didn't even use my entire force on yah.." she smiled and then became serious once more.

"Since you are now in your last year of school It is time for you to be more involved. In two weeks time there will be a meeting ... Like the one that you went to when you were younger. Very important gang leaders will be there including ourselves and the other 3 Top gangs in Korea. Since there has been a lot of hostility lately we are all trying to appease everyone but i don't think that will be the case. Many people are out to get the position that we have worked so hard to gain so i am expecting several of the lower gangs to try to attack us here. Since you are my heir you will be joining us and also will be working with IKON and the other  Ahimoth members to try and spot any unusual behaviors that night. .." he sighed. "You will also be training on assassination missions soon so be prepared... Not to mention this paperwork-"

"All will be explained in detail to you so you can fully understand your new duties... okay?" Mom ended his sentence.

"Yeh..." i nodded. They both smiled as dad handed me something. It was a butterfly knife. I looked at him confused.

Related image

"It's grandpas gift to you..." He shrugged. I nodded and smiled."You can go now..."

I bowed and exited their study. I quickly examined the butterfly knife as i slashed through the air doing different tricks grandpa taught me in Jejudo. I went upstairs and took my suitcase from my closet and opened it up revealing all my holographic weapons that were gifted to me by my grandfather throughout the years. 

Image result for suitcase with weapons 

(Similar to this but in holographic)

I smiled as I put the knife in the last spot available. I quickly started to clean all of them and as I picked up my handgun someone burst into my room. I quickly pointed defensively and then saw that it was the ajumma that worked for us, she was also just hired since our old ajumma had retired because of her old age.

"I'm sorry... I should've knocked..." she bowed.

"No you know.. I could've easily shot you... This house isn't like other homes Choi Ajumma. Be careful, ne?" i ordered in a nice way. She bowed as she nodded. "Did you need anything?"

"I wanted to ask if you had wanted to eat dinner..." she noted.

"Aniyo... I'm going to bed early today.." I sighed as I finished polishing my handgun and closed my case. "My parents never eat dinner anyway but if you are going to ask them make sure to knock on their door because they wont hesitate to shoot.."

I saw her visibly shiver as she left my room. I giggled as I put everything away and headed to bed early

 


I had woken up the same as yesterday but this time I forced myself to sleep more. Unfortunately though the Ajumma didn't wake me up in time. It was already 5:30 a.m.. as I rushed to get dressed.

"AJUMMA YOU DIDN'T WAKE ME UP-" I yelled out at her angrily.

"Your mother told me you were not to go to school today, miss..." she noted sincerely. I sighed as i put up my hair up but failed because my hair tie broke. I groaned loudly.

"Never mind then... I'll get going!~" i waved as i put on sunglasses and ran off to school. As I sprinted through the streets i caught myself thinking about the four guys who 'saved' me yesterday.

"They were cute but i was barely starting to have fun..." i whispered to myself as i entered the classroom. Bobby and JinHwan were in class already but to my horror they were staring down the four boys from yesterday.

"JinHwan oppa? What are you doing?" I asked loudly. They all looked over at me shocked, probably that I came to school. I smiled at all of them as JinHwan came to my side immediately.

"Yah, Areum-ah what are you doing at school. Your Mom told us you weren't coming in today..." he noted.

"She wanted to keep me home but i rebelled..." i whispered. He nodded with a smile.

"You feeling okay?" he asked. I nodded.

"I'll survive... I don't break that easily oppa.." i winked at him. He smiled as I quietly walked to my desk with my him following me. Bobby on the other hand was still staring the guy named JongIn down and he was doing it back aswell.

"JiWon oppa... Sit down please,"  I ordered. He gasped as he turned to me.

"Did she just call me oppa'?" he asked JinHwan.

JinHwan on the other hand just shrugged and sat down next to me. Bobby quickly ignored JongIn and headed to me. I thought he was going to hug me but he took off my glasses instead.

"You have a black eye, Lee Areum... Who you trying to fool?" he hissed.

"The rest of the ing school Bobby... Goddamn..." i hissed aggressively as i yanked my glasses from him.

He pouted but nodded. I looked up to see the 4 of them looking at me worriedly. I cleared my throat and put my glasses back on. The teacher came in and everyone bowed only this time he ignored us. I smiled as I stared out the window staring down at the track.  The teacher talked and talked about events that i never seemed to like. As soon as homeroom was over, a chair was pulled next to mine and my body turned away from the window to face a tall boy who looked at me worriedly. He gently took off my glasses and looked at my eye intensely.

EXO Next Door ep.9:

"What are you doing?" I asked, sincerely shocked. He didn't answer and he put on an ointment around my eye. It was cool and felt refreshing.

"What the hell are you doing-"

"Something you should've probably done yesterday but your didn't think about.." he answered Bobby's remarks harshly. He was about to do something but I glared at him and he stopped.

I softly grabbed his hand which was administering the ointment. He looked at me startled. I grabbed the ointment from his hands and smiled lightly.

"Thank You... but... I can put this on myself.. besides, I think all of your girlfriends in class are planning my murder as we speak.." I whispered to him. He looked around and saw the girls glaring at me. "Of course I'm not saying that I'll let them but you know what I mean..."

He cleared his throat and nodded as he backed up. I quickly finished putting the ointment on.

"I'm Chanyeol ... by the way..." he announced.

"Chanyeol?" i asked, he nodded. "I'm Lee Areum.."

He smiled as he headed to his own seat. I quickly put on my glasses as the next teacher arrived and the school day began. 

 


 

As soon as the lunch bell rang,  all our phones beeped at the same time. It was a picture of a skeleton and a death note with the schools name. All the students were starting to panic since this symbol belonged to on of the top gangs in Korea. I stiffened and looked at the boys who also looked ready to fight.

"JinHwan... We're not properly equipped are we?" Bobby asked JinHwan who shook his head. 

"How can we be when we are school..." i hissed.

"Let's find the others before something actually happens-" as soon as he finished his sentence though a loud bang was heard from the entrance of the school. All of us looked out to see a Jeep had crash

hed into the school gate and destroyed it. Men got out of the cars with masks and weapons. I cursed mentally as JinHwan dragged me out of the classroom. We ran all the way to the track where DongHyuk, Hanbin and YunHyeong were already hiding in the nearby brush.

Where's ChanWoo -ah??" I asked.

I haven't seen him since this morning..." YunHyeing noted a little pale.

'Well YunHyeong-ah! He's supposed to be your responsibility! What the hell were you doing?!" JinHwan exploded at him.

"Hyung-"

We heard a loud thump from behind us. I turned around to see a beat up ChanWoo on the floor and 3 guys with masks who were clearly smirking under them. My eyes widened as I saw him. Almost immediately my temper exploded. I saw red in my vision and i charged forward trying to get to ChanWoo. Unfortunate;y for me they saw what I was trying to do so they blocked my way.

"In what way are you involved in this little coup? Such a pretty lady..." one of them chuckled and tried to caress my head. I quickly shoved his hand away and punched the guy in the gut. He fell to the ground breathless and clutching his abdomen. I was able to reach ChanWoo but another guy decided to attack me but I quickly dodged and pulled his pants down. He looked at his friend flustered. He tried to pick his pants up quickly but i pushed him over causing him to fall flat on his face. I laughed at him as it was funny and kicked his face with a lot of force causing him to pass out. I felt two arms surround my shoulders allowing no movement in my upper torso. I tried to escape but this guy was in no way releasing me.

"Hyung~" the one guy who was still awake whined.

"I cant believe she knocked both of your asses out... Suga why didn't you help the guy holding me asked him. Suga?

"Mian... Leadernim..." the other guy apologized with a chuckle. As they were distracted I was able to headbut the  guy that was holding me and knocked him back he held his nose, shocked.

"ChanWoo-ah!" I called out to the boy that had grown next to me. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"Nuna! Don't worry I am alright. Just bruised.

"STupid... I was worried.." i whined. He smiled.

"Wait a second..." someone gasped. I looked up to see the one face I will never forget.

"Jeon JungKook... Heir of the Gang Pair of Aces..." I whispered. He smirked.

"SO you do remember me then.. Shae Lee. Heir of the Ahimoth..." he chuckled.  Everyone looked at me shocked.

"No wonder!~ She took down my two dumb asses here. No ordinary girl can do that... I see it.." Suga guy nodded.

"This is the girl we are after?" Someone else asked.

"Yep... Thats the face I  remember from our last meeting.." he announced.

I brought CHanWoo up and started to back up. Now I know why those names rang a bell. They are BTS one of the best groups the Pair of Aces have. Rap Monster, Suga, Jin, Jimin, V, J-Hope, and JungKook. The other boys were now being wary. They knew who JungKook was but not the others.

"Do you remember our last meeting?" he asked.

"I'm trying not to..." I hissed.

 


10 Years ago at an annual get together between Gangs


 

"Mom why do these even exist!! We are Gangs! Aren't we supposed to hate each other?" i asked dead serious.

"Lee Areum... We have these GALAS because well at least once a year we want to act normally so during this day every year we all stop any dealings and declare a temporary truce to attend peacefully... I know it sounds weird and I know they are our mortal enemies but ... We still wanna pretend we are outcast of the society for being underworld kings and Queens... Do you understand?" she asked.

"I guess so..." i sighed. "But do I really need to attend?" I insisted.

"Yes ! You are already 8 and this is the age that we chose for our children to attend the Galas. You wont be the only new heir there. there will be others.." she assured. I sighed in defeat and nodded. My mother had chosen my favorite dress for me to wear tonight.

Related image

I quietly followed both my parents into the car and sat between them

"Wow!~ Our Areum looks good today~" Dad cooed. I was already annoyed at the fact that I  was being dragged into the gala so I didn't answer his compliment, instead I just pouted.

"Wae?" he asked, confused.

"She didn't want to come today.." Mom answered. He nodded understanding now.

"It'll be just for tonight okay~ And Areum if anyone asks for your name don't tell them your Korean name, ne! Tell them your English name..."

"Why?" i asked curiously. 

"Just listen to my order okay..." he answered seriously.

"Okay..." I nodded. As soon as we got to the venue The Samchuns (Uncle's) immediately surrounded us. I waved to HanBin and his friends who I met at training grounds recently in the countryside. Mom grabbed my hand as we entered the party. It was quite elegant and very much... boring. adult things!~ I groaned internally. Mom followed dad to a big table were she sat me down.

I looked around the room but saw only adults. I sighed as I rested my head on my arm.

"Hello.." a firm voice greeted.

I jumped up startled. I looked down to see a kid my age smiling at. i smiled back.

"Hi..." I greeted him as well. He looked down at my chair.

"You know your sitting on my toy right..." he noted.

"What?" before i could do anything he shoved me off the chair and i almost landed on face but I was well trained and landed smoothly on my fee.

"YAH! YOU FREAKING !~" I yelled. More than half of the room turned to stare at us. He smirked as he grabbed his uglyass bear. Being as hot headed as I am I ran after him and grabbed the bear away from. His eyes filled with panic as I ran away toy in hand. He quickly ran after me.

"YAH! You ugly girl give me teddy!" he yelled.

I stuck out my tongue as I dodged the adults who were just seriously staring at both of us argue. At some point he went under a table and was able to trip me. As I fell the bear flew out of my hand and in the fireplace. I heard him scream in horror as his bear burned. He turned to me with anger and tried to attack me but yet again I was able to dodge and I punched him once in his face, sending him flying backwards. This Kid has a balance problem... A man caught him before eating on the floor. Blood dripped from his nose as he tried to attack again but someone else stopped him.

"JungKook stop!" the man yelled severely. So his name is JungKook..

"Appa! She burned teddy!-"

"JungKook!! You have lost the fight. Have I taught you nothing for the past year!" he yelled at him again. This time he bowed his head but as the man was turning away he tried to punch me again but i dodged and hit his face again, harder this time.

"JEON JUNGKOOK! " The man yelled and slapped the boy. I was quite shocked to see that. i stepped back instinctively and bumped into my father who smiled at me victoriously.

"Now Now JungMin-ssi. No need to traumatize the boy. He looks pretty beat up already... My Shae here would've let it go if he had asked nicely to move but he shoved her and got what he deserved" dad noted smugly.

"Listen here Lee MinSoo-ssi... I don't need your advice on how to educate my son..." he growled. The boy was looking at the fireplace with tears in his eyes. Something then pulled at my heart. I felt guilty for doing that now. I was going to apologize but dad tightened his grip shutting me up.

"I'm not trying to say anything offensive but take it how you will. Shae-ah... Let's go find Mother.

"Ye..." i nodded held fathers hand as we left the man and son behind.\

 As soon as we walked closer to the samchuns dad whispered to me.

"That was the first step for you heirs. To see who the stronger one is... You won.. Even though there are 2 more kids that are heirs as well but they didn't show ..." he explained. It was  a test?! Wuuuuuuut! but i passed it which is good. I guess...

I turned around and saw that JungKook was also looking back with dried tears. Appa quickly took me away and I broke eye contact.


 

I sighed and looked at him in the eyes.

"Was that teddy bear really that important to you?"