I'm Not Gonna Teach Him How to Dance With You

Moonsun Novellas
Please log in to read the full chapter

Genre: AU, Song Fic ; Words 1200+

Song: I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You by Black Kids

 

Yongsun was the girl of my dreams.

 

She was beautiful inside and out. Her smile was brighter than the sun and her laughter is more melodic than a song. She's an angel in disguise.

 

The only thing preventing me from ever confessing my feelings is her boyfriend. He was the male version of her. He had the same charming qualities, quirky humor, and heartwarming values.

 

That never stopped me from flirting with her every chance I get. Which was easy since her boyfriend was a college freshmen on a campus miles away from our high school.

 

I only admired her from afar for most of our friendship. Yongsun was the gorgeous popular girl, who didn't have a mean bone in her body, unlike most of the senior girls. She didn't stand on a pedestal and looked at everyone equally.

 

We didn't become close until we joined the same after school dance team.

 

We connected through similar music tastes and dance styles, causing us to pair up together for every practice. We spent long ours planning choreography for weekly evaluations and presented them with such vigor that our coach made Yongsun the team captain and me the co-captain.
 

We shared the same responsibility for the team.


The situation weighed on Yongsun. We would sit in the practice floor, wiping each others sweat, drinking bottles of water, completely exhausted and worn out. She trusted me enough to tell me how the dance team was causing her to drift apart from her boyfriend. She trusted me enough to tell me she didn't think she wasn't cut out to be the team captain. She trusted me enough to tell me she had accepted the position to continue dancing with me.

 

After that, we bonded. A tie that could never be cut, spending our days studying in the library, going to coffee shops after school and gossiping, dancing together until our bones felt like jelly. We were together from day to night, and there was nothing I wanted to do more than spend my forever with Yongsun.

 

With senior prom coming up I decided this was the perfect opportunity to confess my feelings to Yongsun.

 

Confess I was in love with her and take her to the most magical night high school could offer.

 

But there was a hurdle still present;

 

“Byul? Do you think you can teach my boyfriend how to dance?”

 

I blinked, “Teach him how to dance?”

 

“Yeah!” She smiled. “He's not the best dancer in the world and could really use some help.”

 

“Why can't you do it?” I asked, thoroughly curious. “You are always complaining about not spending time with him.”

 

Yongsun sighed, brushing her hair back behind her ear, “You don't think I tried? Come on Byul, pleeease? You're the best dancer I know!!”

 

Her cheeks were puffy and it wasn't from today's practice. It was her trying to use her cuteness to win my sympathy. was turned into a small pout but her eyes shined with playfulness.

 

“--Ugh, okay!” I accepted to

Please log in to read the full chapter