Wager

Moonsun Novellas
Please log in to read the full chapter

Genre: AU; Words 2600+

Yongsun woke up feeling like a jackhammer was drilling her skull. was drier than the Sahara and her hair messier than a birds nest.

 

Her eyes attempted to adjust to the light seeping in from her bedroom windows, to no avail. She let out a deep groan, regretting every decision she's made up till this moment.

 

Memories from last night crept back into her subconscious.

 

She remembered accepting Wheein's birthday party invitation, showing up, and giving the green light to every drink offered to her. She remembered dancing her off with Wheein and some other faceless bodies on the living room floor.

 

She remembered bumping into someone on her way to they bathroom. They said something to her, but her stomach told her to flee before puking on this poor innocent soul. They seemed to notice Yongsun's behavior, slipping a piece of paper into her hand, telling her to give them a call if she didn't feel better in the morning.

 

Last, but not least, she remembered calling a cab at 3 A.M, making them pull over, and puking all over the side of the road.

 

And somehow, through it all, she made it home in one peace. Other than the fact that she felt as if she was knocking on deaths door.

 

She let out a grunt, lifting herself out of bed and wobbled to her bathroom. Her legs were unstable, and her head pounded with every step, but she somehow made it and stripped for a steaming hot shower.

 

The shower didn't help much, but she felt a lot better than she did thirty minutes ago.

 

It wasn't until she was drying her hair did she think about the piece of paper again. They said if she didn't feel better to give them a call. She didn't know what that meant, but she was curious enough to find out.

 

She fished the pants she wore the previous night, searching her pockets, until her hand came in contact with a grainy textured business card.

 

Dr. Moon Byulyi, MD

 

The memory shot back in her head in an instinct. Dr. Moon Byulyi was the body she bumped into last night.

 

Stupefied, Yongsun felt like dying in embarrassment. What were the chances, Wheein's hot doctor neighbor happened to be at her birthday party. Not to mention, Byulyi, is the same hot doctor neighbor, Yongsun has been crushing on since the moment she laid eyes on her unloading groceries out of red sports car.

 

Yongsun whined throwing her head back in shame.

 

She made a fool out of herself by getting super trashed, and to make matters worse, Dr. Moon Byulyi, ing, MD was there to witness it all.

 

Collapsing onto her bed, Yongsun kicked her arms and legs, flailing in agony.

 

How could she be so foolish to think Wheein wouldn't invite Yongsun's crush to her birthday? How could she be so foolish to think Wheein wouldn't do something like that to prank the hell out of her?

 

Walling in self-pity, Yongsun stretched her limbs, reaching for her cell phone sitting on her nightstand. She did not hesitate to call her best-friend.

 

“Unnie! Hello!” Wheein greeted sounding way too chipper for Yongsun's liking.

 

“Why?” Was all Yongsun could ask.

 

“Is this about Byulyi? I have a feeling this is about Byulyi.”

 

“Yes. What the actual hell Wheein.”

 

“Oh my god!” Wheein laughed wholeheartedly. “Why do you sound so upset, Unnie? Didn't you get her number?”

 

“She, she, she –She gave me her business card!”

 

“Wow, that's even ier!”

 

“Wheein! You're missing the point!” Yongsun yelled, instantly regretting it. Her head began to pound again, and all she could do is massage it till the pain briefly subsided. “I was acting like a college student at a frat party.”

 

“You are a college student, and frat parties wish they were as fun as my birthday party.”

 

“Wheein!”

 

“Okay, okay, geeze! She probably gave you her business card 'cause she knew you were going to wake up feeling like a ton of bricks and wanted you to make an appointment so she could make it all better.” Wheein ended suggestively teased, making Yongsun bemoan.

 

“Orrrrrr," Yongsun drawled.  "She gave it to me because she thinks I'm an alcoholic and need to see a doctor to get treated.”

 

Wheein scoffed, “Now you're being the nonsensical one, Unnie. Let's make a wager. If you set up an appointment with Byulyi, and prove me wrong, then I'll buy you a months worth of tteokbokki.”

 

“And if I don't?”

 

“You have to be my slave for a month.”

“What?” Yongsun asked flabbergasted.

 

“Deal or no deal, Unnie?”

 

Yongsun was never the type to back down on a bet, nor was she the type to serve others.

 

“Fine, deal, deal. I won't enjoy it though.”

 

“Sure you will! I got to go, Unnie! Let me know how it goes!”

 

“Oh, you will.”

 

“Bye!”

 

“Bye.”

 

A heavy sigh escaped Yongsun's mouth. In spite of acting confident over the phone, she knew she accepted a challenge that was way too harsh. Wheein sure knew how to press her buttons and make her do things she wouldn't think twice about doing.

 

She gathered as much courage as possible and dialed the number inscribed on the business card.

 

“Hello, Ms. Moon's office, this is Hyejin speaking, how may I assist you?”

 

“H-hi,” Yongsun stammered.

 

“Yes, hello. How may I assist you?” The receptionist repeated.

 

Baffled by her own behavior, Yongsun smacked herself in the forehead, only make her migraine worse.

 

“I w-would like to set up an appointment with Doctor Moon for today, p-please.”

 

“No problem! Can I get your full name?”

 

“Kim Yongsun.”

 

“Eh?” Hyejin gasped. “Did you say Kim Yongsun?”

 

Yongsun scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, “Yes? Is there a problem?”

 

“No! Absolutely no problems here! How soon are you available?”

 

“The sooner the better.”

 

“Alright, looks like Ms. Moon has a slot open at noon thirty, is that good for you?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“It was nice to finally speak with you, Kim Yongsun.”

 

“Um, you too?” Yongsun stated, kind of weirded out by the conversation. Is this how all receptionists act over the phone?

 

“Don't forget to bring your documents!”

 

Hanging up the phone Yongsun contemplated the whole conversation. She would have to say, that was the strangest conversation she has ever had with anybody in her whole life.

 

Why did Hyejin react like that upon hearing Yongsun's name? It was beyond her. Yet, in the back of her mind, she thought perhaps Moon Byulyi had mentioned Yongsun to her coworker. But why would she do that? It wasn't like Yongsun was important.

 

Choosing to distract herself from the whole s

Please log in to read the full chapter