Pretend

Admission

(y/n) - your name. 


The two words ‘I Do’ suffocated his abused mind. Hanbin’s foot pressed a little too harshly against the gas pedal. He blinked and slowed down his speed; at the same time a small sigh escaped his lips. He took his left hand off the steering wheel to run his fingertips across his chapped lips, letting a sarcastic scoff out, “This isn’t fair.”

His attention drifted away from the poorly lit road, gazing towards the passenger’s seat. His face was turning a ghastly pale white, eyes widening slightly. Without any hesitation his hands switched responsibilities. His right hand reached out, gently caressing his passenger’s invitingly warm cheek. The passenger’s crescent shaped eyes softened towards him, before a flicker of betrayal and guilt appears. And The passenger awkwardly stares out their window, ignoring Hanbin’s longing gaze at them.

“Seriously?” he shook his head slightly eyeing the figure that transformed next to him. He was just audible enough for the both of them to hear. Yet his passenger’s eyes continued to stay fixed on the dim streetlights. Ignoring him, as she continued smiling goofily, as if the streetlights were far more interesting than him.

Hanbin’s focus now down casted towards his thighs, creating a warm friction with his hands against his knees to comfort himself for bit, before looking back up towards nothing but the spacious, clear and cement paved road that drifts into complete darkness beyond his headlights. His chest rises hesitantly as he took another small glimpse at her, “(y/n)...Answer me, why are you here?” He felt a pit start to develop in his stomach, as her name rolled off his tongue.

Her eyes furrowed in deep concentration as a small nervous smile curved on her thin, pink lips. He could tell the words were at the tip of her tongue, yet he couldn’t convince himself that she didn’t want to utter a word. He pressed on the gas again to drive aimlessly around in the dark, away from his thoughts. He wanted to pretend that she wasn’t there. Because Hanbin knew for a fact that she was with him, with Bobby.