Behind Closed Doors.

I can only wait for you

Someone said 'what if Solar was behind the door the whole time and heard everything'. Well I say, yes what if. Basically a Solar POV. Maybe they'll be more if I'm inspired and you guys are interested. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wheein was gonna kill her. Not only had the teacher extended his explanations, resulting in the class lasting 10 more minutes, she had also forgotten her wallet in her desk. And of course, she had to realize that when she was halfway to her meeting point with her friends. So that's how Solar found herself running back to school, bag dangling from her shoulder, hair in the wind. She was pretty sure she looked like an anime character. (ok maybe less cool than that). But her PE teacher definitely would've been proud seeing her run like that. 

She really couldn't be late meeting with Wheein and the others, she had promised that they'd hang out at a karaoke or bowling alley. She had already cancelled on them 5 times the past 2 weeks. After her bestfriend had begun to think that she was getting  depressed and almost staged an intervention, Solar decided that it maybe was time to go out again and stopped staying at home. 

She remembered how just 3 weeks ago she use to cancel her plans with her other friends to meet her. Go on secret dates with her. How it was way less pathetic than to cancel to just sit at home, thinking, sometimes crying, mostly being alone. And Solar did not like staying alone often. Unlike  others, she was a social butterfly, liked by most, and like to be with most. She was her best self when she was surrounded by others. At least, she thought. 

After 10 good mintues of intense running, she finally reached the school gates. She quickly made her way to the 2nd floor where her classroom was, bowing to teachers she walked past, saying hi to a few students. She was out of breath when he reached the her classroom, so much that she thought of maybe taking a quick nap before going back. But as she was about to open the door, her hand stopped as she heard voices inside. Well not any voices. Her voice. Hers and her bestfriends'. 

She really didnt intend on eavesdropping. This usually wasn't her style, but she couldn't stop herself. First because she really had to go into that classroom to get her wallet, but she really couldn't see herself barge in this room where girlfriend? Ex? Friend? was because she had been avoiding her pretty badly since she decided to go on that 'break'. Plus, Solar was pretty sure that Hwasa, being Moonbyul's BFF, and a very loyal one at that, wasn't that fond of Kim Yongsun right now. Sure they also became friends when she started getting closer to Byul, but she clearly wasn't a priority to her right now. Second reason why she was staying in hiding listenning to them was because they were clearly talking about her. That kind of meant that she was authorized to eavesdrop right ? This was her jurisdiction. Kind of. 

From what Solar could hear of their conversation, Hwasa did not especially appproved of the situation Solar put Moonbyul. Or Moonbyul put herself in. 

"Her making you wait around like that ? While she's doing what ? Doing some exploring ? And you just wait here like an idiot hanging on to something you're not even sure is gonna return ?"  
Now Yongsun was kind of hurt. Did she really pass off as the kind of girl that would do that ? Keeping someone on her hook while she weights in her other options ? And she especially didn't like the word she used. "Exploring". It's not like Solar was out there, going out with a bunch of people while figuring herself out. So far all the "exploring" she did, was alone in her bedroom. Ok that sounded weird. Alone, in her bedroom, thinking. 

"It's not like that. You know she's not like that. She's just taking time to think. This is all new for her, she's not used to this..." She heard Moonbyul say. It sounded calm, but Solar liked to think she knew the girl well enough to hear some irritation at the assumption the short haired girl made. Solar smiled sadly. Moonbyul did know her pretty well, too. It was an understatement saying that Yongsun wasn't used to all of this. Not the dating part. That she knew very well, she was a really pretty, popular teenage girl after all. But dating a girl. Well that was something else, new. Moonbyul continued after a bit "I think it's better this way. She could've said nothing and we would have continued this relationship for a while and maybe start drifting apart and have a messy breakup because that's not what she wants. I prefer this alternative where I can at least prepare myself for the worse..."

Yongsun bit her lip. Was this what was going to happen anyway? Did she decide to go on that break knowing this would happened ? Did she want to break things off completly with Byulie ? No. No she did not. She lov-liked Byul. A lot. She liked being with her. But she found it so hard too. And she knew that it shouldn't be so hard, right ? Loving someone, being with them. Shouldn't it be the easiest thing ?

"And, you know, I wouldn't want to force her into something she isn't ready for, or doesn't want. And I don't want to pressure her into figuring herself out faster. Those thing take time, I should know. And I'm not read to let her go. So waiting is kind of my only option here." Is this easy for Moonbyul to say ? Is it simple for her to make that decision ? If it's so easy for her but that hard for me then..

She suddenly heard the girls' voice coming closer. As soon as she saw the back door of the classroom opening, she hid behind the wall, in the door frame, and let the two friends leave, laughing, arms in arms. 

Solar waited a couple minutes that felt like an eternity before going inside the room. She walked to her desk and got her wallet out. Her brain registered that she should leave right now, runnin even. But her legs didn't move an inch.

How could she find it so hard being with the other girl, when she didn't even mind waiting for her. When Solar told Moonbyul that she couldn't do it anymore, that she needed some time alone to re-think all of this, she was so nice about it. Didn't try to push Yongsun, didn't ask details as to why. She accepted it as something important for Yongsun and respected her boundries. What kind of person is she to make a girl like that wait this way ? She just left her in the dark, in her insecurities, maybe even her guilt. When the only problem is Solar's own indeciveness. Her cowardness. But this couldnt' last. She had to make a decision. She had to talk to Byulie. Maybe make the decision together. Even if the other is mad, maybe even if they break up, they'll stay friend ?

Because she might find being with Byulie hard for some reason; but being without her was definitely harder.