002

My Teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun is ready to set and Seulgi sneaking to Irene’s thoughts just had to happen.

‘What was she thinking?’

Irene let out an exasperated sigh as she run her fingers on her forehead to her temple. Anyone who can see her can say she was stressed; too stressed to be exact.

“Ugh…I wonder if she even thinks.” She huffed and leaned her back to the back rest of the her chair, closing her eyes in the process.

“Tough day?”

Irene opened her eyes to be greeted by Yongsun, offering her a coffee. She took it muttering a silent ‘thanks.’

“What happened?”

“Ugh, I don’t want to talk about it.”

She took a sip of the coffee and the bittersweet taste warmth down to . A satisfied sigh escaped her lips.

“Aaah…so far this coffee is the good thing happened to me today.”

And Yongsun had to laugh at her friend.

“Such a drama queen.” She teased and Irene shook her head.

‘If you only know what kind of drama I got myself into’

“Anyway, students are tough! But on the bright side, we always have the authority.” Yongsun winked with a devilish grin plastered on her face. One that would make Irene thinks her friend had a loose screw.

Kim Yongsun is the teacher you shouldn’t mess with. She’s crazy and by means of crazy, she take a toll on degrading her students grades—even failing them.

‘Poor kids’

Yongsun stood up from her sit, taking her things from her desk.

“You’re leaving me?” Irene pouted when the older woman head for the door.

“Eew Irene. You’re 25 and you’re pouting like a baby.” Yongsun snickered that made the latter frown.

“I have a date, ok? Moonbyul’s almost done with their practice.” She said. “You know, your friend needs some loving here.” She added while wriggling her brows and shaking her shoulders.

Irene almost laughed but didn’t forget to throw a disgusted look.

“Oh give me a break! You’re just jealous because you don’t date someone.” Yongsun fired back, sticking her tongue out. A little bit playful this time.

Irene smiled and shook her head, taking a sip of her coffee.

‘Right. I don’t have someone special and yet I’m married…how ironic’

“Anyway, I gotta go. Wanna walk with me?”

 

* * *

 

Irene’s not a fan of sport. She knows little of it but right now, she was fascinated. She clutched the hem of her skirt as the tension between the two teams rose.

“Yah,” She felt a hand on her arm. It was Yongsun who had a goofy look on her face. “It’s just a practice game, Irene.” She giggled.

The latter felt heat rising to her cheeks. She looked away and bit her lower lip because of embarrassment.

Yongsun giggled before turning her attention back to the soccer game. It was a particular soccer player that caught her eyes.

Sweat and dirt covered, Seulgi couldn’t be less attractive. In fact, she was more intimidating, wild—passionate. Just by the thought, Irene felt her cheeks flame again. This didn’t go unnoticed from her friend. Yongsun smiled.

“You know, Moonbyul is looking for a new captain. I heard Kang Seulgi is on the line. She’s one of your students, right?”

Irene snapped her head towards her friend with widened eyes. “Really?!”

“What do you mean really?” Yongsun laughed.

“I-I mean, yes. She’s my student. What I meant—is she really going to be captain?”

“Well that’s what I heard from Moonbyul. She said the kid deserves it. I mean, just look at that hot piece of meat!”

Irene grimaced at the choice of word of Yongsun but nevertheless, her friend was right. Seulgi was indeed charismatic.

She watched Seulgi do the last kick and it went through the goal keeper’s guard smoothly like how she planned to.

“Yes!” Irene unconsciously balled her hand to the air. She smiled. Seulgi was truly a remarkable soccer player. Not just from what she heard, no not anymore. She saw how amazing she was out there.

Here comes again that tingling feeling she gets every time she sees how serious and passionate Seulgi is. Sure, she was still a bit annoyed of the latter but right now, Seulgi deserves the acknowledgement she needed.

Yongsun noticed the sudden quiet from her friend and thought she may need a break from teasing, so she let her go this time.

“Yongkong!”

“Byulkong!”

Irene threw Yongsun a look because of the cheesy endearment.

“What?” Yongsun grinned as she strides forward to meet her girlfriend.

“Yongkong? Byulkong? Seriously?” Irene teased as she followed behind the older woman.

The latter looked over her shoulder with a smirk. “Yes single lady and you just have to deal with it.” She winked and ran to her girlfriend.

Irene looked away as the two kissed but then she met Seulgi’s gaze resting upon her. She didn’t know why, but she felt uneasy and she broke the intense gaze from the young player.

“Ah! Irene, it’s nice seeing you again!” After some time, Moonbyul noticed the teacher.

Irene nodded her head, acknowledging the coach a.k.a Yongsun’s girlfriend. They’ve been together some time now. And it’s not a secret to the whole school that the two are dating.

“What brought you here?” The said coach asked as she wrapped her arm around Yongsun’s shoulder.

Irene was about to answer but Yongsun beats her to it.

“She’s just a very lonely person so I offered we walk together.”

Irene beamed at her, “Wow…thanks. You’re such a great friend.”

But the sarcasm didn’t go unnoticed from the couple. And the free-spirited Yongsun winked back as a reply. “You’re welcome honey.”

The soccer players started to gather around the corner and in Irene’s peripheral view, Seulgi started to head her way to the benches where her duffel bag was. Her eyes followed the young player until Moonbyul’s voice brought her back to her senses.

“You know,” The blonde coach started. “If you’re so lonely yourself, why don’t you go out with Bogum? Haven’t he asked you out yet?”

“Why do you always say I’m lonely?!” Her annoyance just made her friends laugh.

“I’m perfectly fine, ok? And I’m not interested in dating yet.”

Hearing that statement made Yongsun want to roll her eyes but instead, a snort came out.

“Oh c’mon Irene, really? At the age of 25?” Yongsun teased and Irene wasn’t able to stop herself from pinching her side.

“Ow! Yah I was kidding!”

“Serves you right.” Irene crossed her arms and pouted. “And stop making fun of my age. You’re much older!”

“Being older than you by a month doesn’t make any much change.”

“Ok you two, stop.” Moonbyul chuckled at the gesture of the two ladies in front of her.  Soon after, she excused herself to come back to the team.

“So, what’s your plan?”

“Home.” Irene shortly answered and bid her friend goodbye and Yongsun didn’t fail on reminding Irene how boring her life is, which the latter just laughed it off.

“Crazy.”

On her way, she saw Seulgi jogging her way through the drinking fountain, she planned to walk straight ahead and just ignore the latter.

Seulgi glanced at her but immediately looked away and leaned to the fountain, taking all the water to .

Irene scoffed. Looks like she wasn’t the only one who’s planning to play the game of ‘you-don’t-exist’ at all. Before she passes by the athlete, she glared at her back, boring holes with her eyes.

She continued to walk, passing by her and bit her inner cheeks.

‘After you played an act, asking me out on a dinner so smoothly in front of a guy who was obviously wanted to be with me than you---aish what a jerk’

She stopped on her tracks, taking deep breaths. She wanted to tell Seulgi this and she readied herself for the words she was ready to throw. She spun around only to be caught off guard.

Seulgi, in a high ponytail and covered in sweat, was silently watching her all this time.

She was staring at her for pete’s sake!

Irene tightened her grip on her bag when Seulgi didn’t break her gaze. Irene noticed how her sharp eyes rest on her—on how her lips parted as she continues to take in heavy breaths. A sweat rolled down and Irene looked away then back to Seulgi’s beautiful yet handsome face.

The said girl, Seulgi, had a smirk crept to her lips. Like before, it just made Irene’s cheeks flame. She wasn’t sure if she was blushing because of that tingling sensation or just because of embarrassment.

“J-jerk!”

 Irene spun around, back facing Seulgi and she hurriedly walked away with her, mentally cursing herself for staring a little bit longer than she should.

Seulgi watched the teacher disappear. She smirked, hands resting on her waist.

“That crazy woman…sheesh.”

Seulgi scratched her nape while shaking her head.

 

 

 

Irene was almost near the gates when she heard her name being called out.

“Irene!”

She looked over her shoulder and smiled.

“Hey.”

Bogum flashed his famous smile when he finally caught up with her. He walked with her side by side, hand reaching to the back of his head.

“Are…are you heading home?”

His eyes were expectant. Obviously he wanted to send her home. The way he looked at Irene with his eyes, made her wonder if it’s so bad if she’ll finally won’t turn him down.

‘He’s a nice guy after all’

Irene smiled an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter