004

My Teacher and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Friday morning was unusual.

It was uncanny that Seulgi woke up earlier than Irene. For some reason, she couldn’t go back to sleep after using the bathroom around 3:37 AM in the morning. So after playing some video games, Seulgi decided to run that morning. She had plans on tiring herself out and prepare her body if she wanted to be captain at the same time.

She ran for an hour, passing by the quiet neighbourhood, streetlamps still lighted up.

Seulgi glanced on her wrist watch and the time says she needs to go back and prepare for school.

‘Guess I have no time left for sleep’

When she entered the house, she noticed that the coffee maker was already brewing.

“So she wakes up this early, huh.”

Passing by the corridor of the extra bathroom, where the hallway to her room leads, Seulgi wiped her sweat with the hem of her shirt. Though before reaching her room, the said bathroom opened revealing a newly bathe Irene.

“Omo.”

Seulgi backed up out of surprise. Her hand was on her chest feeling her throbbing heart. Drinking too much coffee had really paid her back good time.

She was about to nag the older girl when she realized that Irene was wearing nothing but a piece of towel wrapped around her petite body. And her wet hair sticking to her bare skin didn’t go unnoticed—not even the tiny droplets running down her smooth neck.

All could Seulgi’s mind able to process was how smooth and white her exposed skin.

‘’

Seulgi had to swallow a whole lump of saliva. She was hoping Irene won’t notice because that would be embarrassing. She turned her gaze away then awkwardly cleared .

“You scared me.”

And Seulgi was surprised that it was Irene who say those words.

“I was the one who got surprised here. I thought you were a ghost wrapped in a towel.”

Irene rolled her eyes to the remark of the taller girl.

“You’re up early and,” she took a step closer that Seulgi had to take a step back.

‘Damn, what is this woman think she’s doing?’

Irene leaned forward, making Seulgi alarmed but she was relieved when the girl crinkled her nose.

“And you stink, Seulgi.”

The petite girl disappeared as she went back to her room and Seulgi released a heavy breath she wasn’t even aware she was holding.

Her hand ran through her slightly damped hair, still in disbelief of what just happened. She looked over her shoulder then back to her room.

‘What the hell just happened?’

She shook her head, trying to take away the image of Irene out of her head. She panted as she close her door shut. She felt her body warm and that moment, she thought she would lose her sanity just because of one girl named Bae Irene.

But she isn’t just a Bae—she’s also a Kang.

 

 

After some time of cooling herself down in the shower, Seulgi wore her soccer uniform and went downstairs.

Irene was in the dining room, preparing breakfast for the both of them. As Seulgi was pouring a glass of coffee, Irene started to speak.

“You know, just by the fact that you’re up earlier than me is crazy.” She giggled.

Seulgi took a sip on her coffee and silently hummed as an answer.

‘The picture of you in a towel is crazier’

When Irene finished on plating, she turned and placed their breakfast on the table. She looked at Seulgi and noticed that the latter was wearing her soccer uniform.

She smiled knowingly.

The said girl though, focused her attention to the food in front of her. She sat down and started eating. Irene did the same but when Seulgi noticed her staring, she immediately checked her phone.

“What?”

“Hm?”

“You were openly staring, Ms. Bae.” Seulgi stopped chewing and leaned. She was exactly in the mood to tease.

“Are you finally falling for my charm?” And she just had to wink.

Irene scoffed and did her famous eyes roll.

“In your dreams, Seulgi.”

She didn’t see it coming though—that Irene’s answer would disappoint her. She thought about it on why she would feel that way but shrugged off the idea and plastered a grin and leaned back on her chair.

“Good. Because this marriage won’t work.”

She said and turned her attention back to her food.

 “Plus you’re my teacher. That wouldn’t be nice.”

There were no words uttered after that. It seems that both of them couldn’t find anything to say.

Seulgi, who couldn’t stand the awkward atmosphere, hurriedly finished her food.

“I’ll wait outside—since we’re both ready.”  

Irene gave her a questioning look and Seulgi just realized that they don’t go together. And it was her who offered it.

Seulgi cleared and put her famous nonchalant look.

“I just thought you could use a ride.”

Seulgi hang her duffel bag and when she saw Irene smiled at her, without saying anything, her brows met and a frown appeared on her lips.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Irene shrugged and grabbed her bag that was resting on the couch.

“C’mon, I need to be early.” Seulgi just found herself being dragged outside.

“Geez. I’m coming.”

 

 

 

The ride was anything but quiet. Seulgi was singing with her jam on the play. Bobbing her head and moving with the beat, she sang along.

“I got this feeling aye bae gunggeumhagessji~”

Irene looked at Seulgi with her eyebrows meeting in between. There’s this look on her face that is irritated and somewhat almost smiling.

“Don’t you have anything else to play?”

“Nope!” She answers shortly, fingers tapping the steering wheel.

It wasn’t that Seulgi’s voice is terrible. And Irene for sure enjoyed watching the girl dancing to the beat while keeping her eyes on the road.

But she herself isn’t just the hype girl early in the morning. She rather listens to sweet mellow songs—songs that are almost quiet.

“Why? What kind of music are you listening to? Classical?”

“What if I say yes?”

“Pfft. Boring.”

And Seulgi winced in pain when she felt Irene pinching her side.

“What’s wrong with you?!”

“Lower it down.” She glared. “It’s early in the morning and you’re so loud.” The older girl crossed her arms and looked away.

Still feeling the pain, the taller girl obeyed.

“Geez, what a sadist."

“Remind me not to take you with me again.” She added.

“Fine by me.”

Seulgi glanced at the woman in disbelief. The sudden change in her mood was something Seulgi never encountered before.

‘Is she in her period?!’

The ever beating sound in the car was replaced with the familiar silence. Right at that moment, all Seulgi could think about is to arrive at school as soon as possible.

Every second they sat still in the car, she was so tempted to raise the volume of the music. And it was her favourite track on the play!

“Sorry.”

“Ow!”

“Irene!”

It was an accident. Seulgi didn’t mean to step on the break after hearing Irene apologize. She just can’t believe she said that after yelling at how loud her music is.

Her hands found their way to Irene’s shoulder and steadied the older girl.

“What the heck Seulgi?!”

“I was surprised!”

“Aah…my arm hurts.” Irene softly purred while rubbing her right arm.

Seulgi felt responsible. The pang of guilt was creeping to her system and she hates it.

“I’m sorry.” She said, almost like a whisper.

The smaller girl looked up to her, eyes showing a mix of surprise and pain.

“Drive carefully next time.”

“Hey, you weren’t wearing your seatbelt!”

Seulgi sighed and touched the hurt arm, giving it a light squeeze. Hey eyes were cold but nevertheless, she still cares. When her eyes met Irene’s, she immediately looked away and pushed Irene back to her seat.

“I’m sorry.” She speaks, leaning to put the seatbelt for Irene.

“It’s annoying you often forget to put your seatbelt.”

And after the tick of the lock, Seulgi raised her face to level with Irene’s. The distance was dangerous. Gathering herself together, she backed away and went back on driving.

“…can I play my music?”

“It’s your car, Seulgi.”

The latter scoffed. “You say that but you nagged me earlier, Ms. Bae.”

“Sorry.”

Seulgi hummed but there’s still this playful smirk on her lips. And to add to that, she teasingly placed her finger on the volume button.

She momentarily glanced at Irene who had her eyes on the button then back to Seulgi.

“See? You don’t want me to.”

“Just not too loud.”

“Pfft.” Seulgi rolled her eyes but nevertheless, followed the teacher.

After some time, she can’t help but laugh thinking how she and Irene could fight like of each other’s worst enemy and reconcile at a short span of time like nothing happened.

“What’s funny?”

“Nothing.” She chuckled.

She slowly drives the car to the café near the university. They were still careful about their fake marriage as to what the principal asked of them—get discreet.

 “Seulgi.”

She turned her head when she heard the teacher calling her name.

“Thanks…for the ride.”

“Hm.” She slightly nod and drove off.

She drove slowly, watching Irene walk her way to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter