Joshua Imagine

SEVENTEEN Imagines

It was a tiring day after school. You have to rush to the bus station because you need to catch up with the last bus that would bring you home. You managed to get on time and in the bus only to see that it was packed but seems like you were lucky that there was a vacant seat just waiting for you. Beside it was a really cute guy looking at the window with his earphones on and seems like he was enjoying the view from the window. You were a bit nervous as you sit because for the day, he was the cutest guy you’ve ever seen and since the travel would be at least an hour long, you would get to sit beside him a bit longer and probably get to at least know his name.

 

But since you were really tired, you didn’t expect to doze off and when you woke up an hour later, you have already arrived and the guy was the one who woke you up.

 

“You fell asleep.” He said, flashing you a smile that got you blushing.

“ I’m sorry.” You apologized shyly as you pick your bag and went on to get off of the bus rather quickly because you were too embarrassed about yourself. Maybe he saw you drooling off on your sleep and just the thought made you cringe. That was not cute at all and it was such a turn off.

 

What you didn’t notice was the fact that your school id fell on the bus’ seat and losing your id means you won’t be able to enter the school gates the next day and that’s what actually happened. The school guard won’t let you in no matter how hard you tried to explain how you lost your id. You were on the verge of crying due to irritation when your phone started buzzing off from your pockets. You picked it, glaring at the guard as you walk away but that doesn’t mean you’ve given up.

 

“Hello?” you answered without even looking at the caller’s ID.

“Is this Ms. [Y/N].” a gentle voice came from the other line. The person sounds familiar but you didn’t have the time to think about it because you were too worried to even miss a single class for the day.

“Yes this is she. Who is this?” you asked grimly. You were too out because of your missing school id.

“My name’s Joshua and I have your ID. Looks like it fell yesterday.” He said and upon hearing that, your heart seems to be pounding harshly.

“OH MY GOSH! Thank you! It is really important to me. Uhm can I ask you where are you now? I really need it or else I won’t be able to enter the school and miss my classes.” You said in relief.

“Do you know the coffee shop in the intersection near the bus stop? You can meet me there.” He said and you nodded even if the guy can’t see you.

“Uhm when?”

“Whenever’s fine with you. I work there so you can see me immediately.” He said and you gave your thanks before putting your phone inside your pockets and decided to go there immediately. You were already late on your first class anyways so there was no point in arguing with the security guard anymore. You know that he’s just doing his duty but still, you now have some grudge towards him.

 

You run as fast as you could until you arrived at the coffee shop which looks like it just opened. You took a deep breath before walking in slowly, feeling a bit nervous and relieved at the same time. The small bell attached on the door of the coffee shop chimed when you entered in and you were truly amazed to see the authentic interior design of the place. It was pretty quiet despite the number of customer inside and the smell of coffee was something to look forward to. Your eyes landed on the bar where you spotted the same guy from yesterday and despite the heavy pounding of your heart inside your chest, you took the courage to walk near him. He greeted you with a smile before placing the cup he was polishing earlier on the rack where it belong and started talking to you.

 

“It’s you.” He smiled and now you were sure that you have a small crush with this mysterious guy.

“uhm yeah.” You said nervously, feeling a bit self conscious as you stand in front of him.

“Just wait there.” He said pointing at one of the tables. “I’m just going to pick it up for you.”

 

You nodded in response as you head to the table Joshua pointed and you took a heavy sigh before wandering your eyes around the coffee shop and like the guy from before, it was mysterious yet calming. Most of the people inside were reading books and newspapers and there were some who seems to just enjoy the calming atmosphere inside. You were not the type of a book freak but considering how it was peaceful here, maybe you should try to savor the cozy feeling and start having interest in books. You got carried away with your thoughts that you didn’t notice that Joshua was already there, with a tray of what looks like a hot chocolate with your ID.

 

“Hey..” he called on to you and you snapped away from your thoughts before staring at him and finally realized that this was reality.

“Y..Yeah?” you stuttered, heat creeping up on your face as Joshua chuckled before sitting in front of you.

 

You grabbed your id and put in inside your bag before fixing your things.

 

“You should drink that first before leaving. I give the trouble to make it for you. It is really cold outside so..”

“But it looks expensive.” You said, staring at the inviting drink.

“It’s on me. You don’t need to pay for anything.” He gave you a warm smile and slowly, you reached out for the mug and put it on your lips, slowly sipping on the hot material and almost screamed at the wonderful taste it gives.

“It’s good!” You murmured with wide eyes as you looked at Joshua and he chuckled more.

“It’s my specialty to it is really good. Finish it up and you can go.” He said then he stands up to go back to his work only to say something to you. “I don’t mind if you come here whenever you like.”

“S..Sure” you answered and it seems like it made Joshua happy for him to be grinning like that as he returned to the counter and make coffee for the customers.

 

You finished the hot chocolate and went on to attend your third class because you didn’t expect to spend at least that long inside that cozy place.

The next day you came again, ordering the same thing and paying for it because you don’t want to be a burden if Joshua keeps on insisting to treat you with it. Your visits keep on going and before you knew it, you became really close with the guy from the bus.

 

“It’s really funny how we became close like this.” Joshua said one day you decided to hang out and was seated beside the riverbank, on top of the greenish grass and the sky as blue as the sea. There were kids playing around, swimming inside the river and some were fishing as if they’ll get a catch from there.

“Yeah. It’s really unexpected. Just because of that stupid id.” You giggled, lying down on the grass and staring at the clear blue sky.

“Are you dating someone?” Joshua asked out of nowhere and you frowned looking at him, he looks gloomy and now that you realized it, he’s been like that since yesterday.

“Nope. It’s a bother. Why did you ask?” You looked at him concernedly and he sighed sadly.

“My girlfriend broke up with me.” He said with tears threatening to fall out of his eyes.

 

You felt sad not only because he broke up with his girl but because of the fact that you didn’t know that he had one. It made both of you quiet and though you wanted to comfort him, you can’t think very clearly on what you’re supposed to do when things like that happens. You were not very good with romance and you hate to hurt yourself more so you pretended that it was nothing and just stayed with him until he asked for home.

 

You pretended that nothing happened and continued to hang out with Joshua. He was happy until that one day that the girl he used to love suddenly appeared in front both of you, she was sad but she was looking at you hatefully. You don’t know the reason but she hates you and without further explanation, a slap landed on your face.

 

“What are you doing?” Joshua asked his previous lover angrily.

“She is the reason why I broke up with you. I was so jealous that I can’t contain it. I am hurting so I have to end it.” She reasoned but your mind seems unable to process what just happened.

“What?”

“I wanted to get back. Please leave her and stay with me.” She pleaded and insisted to get back together with Joshua once again.

“No.” Joshua said sternly, looking at her straight in the eyes as tears escaped out of her painted eyes. “Don’t ever appear in front of me again, not even in front of her.”

“What is she to you?!”

“She’s the person I like! It is not you anymore so can you stop now? Can you stop bothering us?”

 

You were speechless and so does she. She glared at you, eyes red from crying and she walked away without even saying anything. Joshua came near you, holding on your shoulder and looking at you with concern. You were still holding on you cheeks despite the pain have already disappeared. You think that if you removed your hand, he would see how you face have managed to become so red and probably he would hear your heart hammering inside your chest.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“No.. I don’t understand. Stop bluffing.” You said, closing your eyes as Joshua pull you in a bear hug.

“I am not bluffing.” He said honestly and your response was a hard pinch on his stomach.

“You meanie.” You said with a pout yet blushing red face. “You’re so mean!”

You started walking away but Joshua’s footsteps followed with restrained laughs.

 

It was your worst yet most memorable memory of that day that you’ve meets him. The girl didn’t bother with the both of you anymore but she happened to be your school mate and whenever you two pass each other, she would curl her lips and glare at you but you could care less. You have what she doesn’t have and he looks happier with you than with that girl before.