S.Coups Imagine

SEVENTEEN Imagines

It was your first day at an elite university in Korea and you are very nervous just with being with Korean students who exceed at arts and who know might be better than you. You always got the top score in your previous art school but you are still anxious about your skill now that you get to study in an elite art school like that. Of course the other hard part is not you are not a native Korean so you thought it would be harder now that you realized that only a few Hangeul and Korean words is the only weapon you’ve got. You are good in English though and you heard somewhere that it’s not unusual for exchange students to transfer here and upon realizing that, a little bit of confidence rose up inside you. You decided to enter your new classroom only to bump with a guy rather harshly that caused all of his books to scatter on the ground.

 

“I’m so sorry.” You apologized; helping him pick some of his books that you see is related to music.

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault.” He apologized and when you handed him the books, you were slightly stunned by the beauty in front of you.

“Uhm.. here.” You said and he smiled, causing your heart to skip a beat.

 

He bid you farewell yet you stand there dumbfounded not really sure whether to blush or scream upon meeting someone as kind as him. He didn’t get mad and instead gave you a smile that is sure to haunt your dreams beautifully. You are not the type of person who believes in love at first sight but looks like you’re struck.

-----

 

It’s been two weeks already since you started school at your new university and the first few days were a bit hard. Since it is an elite school, everybody acts firm and proper and you know that you are not like that. You know that you are the happy-go-lucky type and so finding friends that would fit with you was a bit hard. Sure, you are able to talk with a few classmates but that’s just out of formality and sometimes, you get embarrassed for not using the appropriate tone and words that won’t make them think that you are fooling around.

 

“So how’s your first two weeks?” the boy from before appeared out of nowhere, carrying a tray of food that he put on the table where you are eating your packed lunch. Not everyone in the school likes packed lunch and you’re just one of a few that doesn’t get embarrassed showing your pink lunchbox containing home-made dish and a few octopus-shaped sausages.

“It’s hard. It’s very unusual here. I feel really out of place.” You said as you chew on your food, looking at him who is smiling happily that caused you to frown.

“Your lunchbox is cute.” He muttered and the more he says weird things, the more you frown.

“It’s just the regular lunch box. I mean everyone in high school does this.” You explained, handing him a few sausages that he didn’t refuse. “You should be thankful that you can get to buy food in this cafeteria, I mean it’s very expensive and I don’t want my allowance to just disappear with food here just to look elite.” You explained.

“You are so practical. There’s only a few here like you and I truly admire them. By the way you can call me Seungcheol.” He said, offering his hand which you accepted. You are sure that you are blushing by now as you hold the hand of the guy you are currently crushing. His hand is soft and way bigger than yours but you can’t help but admire his hand. It’s not the only beautiful thing about him, aside from being physically good looking, he’s kind and very approachable.

“[Y/N].” you said and smiled blushingly.

 

All throughout the lunch, you talked and laughed, ignoring how people are sneering at both of you for being too loud. You learned that Seungcheol is studying at music and theater department and he said that he wanted to become an actor because just being an idol who sings and dances is not enough for him. That’s when you know that he is a famous guy from a band called Seventeen and you feel thrilled that you get to talk to him about random stuffs and have a good laugh.

 

You’re friendship didn’t end there. Every time he appeared at school, he would look for you, surprising you with new stories about his group and how they are doing good and getting famous. He told you about his younger members and how they have fun after practice. Seungcheol can’t attend a full week class because of his schedule as an idol and sometimes you misses him for he is the only friend you have and your feelings is starting to get deeper for him.

 

One day you decided to make a research about his group and surely, Seungcheol is no ordinary guy that you thought he was. He is a famous superstar and he has countless fans that you know already held his hands not once, not twice but many times. He’s good-looking and surely, there are idols around his age that admires him and who knows when he will notice all those girls feeling. The thought depressed you because you realized that he is beyond your grasp. You can’t have him and you can only dream of him. He won’t put interest to a random art student like you.

 

You go to school the next day with a gloomy feeling and you felt that you are deeply scarred with your unsaid feeling. You didn’t manage to do well at school that day and nothing good came out of it. You got yelled by the instructor causing some fellow students to laugh at you and crush your spirit more. After class, the rain decided to sympathize with you so it poured hard, making you wait at school campus because you forgot your umbrella. You can’t just run under the rain because you’re carrying your homework of oil painting and unfortunately, it is water based so it will be ruined once it is splashed with water.

 

You waited for another hour and the students are getting fewer but the rain seems not to stop anytime soon.

 

“Hey!” Seungcheol called upon you and you got startled, not sure whether to run once again or hide because you are avoiding him for a week already.

“Uhm Hello.” You greeted awkwardly as he stood beside you.

“You’re avoiding me.” He said and that made you look at him sadly.

“I’m sorry. I’m just sorting out my thoughts.” You answered honestly and a sigh escaped out of his lips as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“My schedule for today is not that tight. What about some coffee? It’s cold.” He offered and you frowned, looking at him shyly.

“It is still raining. I can’t run there and ruin my painting.” You explained with a blush on your face as you clench your fist on your coat.

“Oh sorry. I’m not thinking.” He shrugged and you both remained quietly awkward. You are wishing for him to already leave you alone but he’s not moving, just watching the rain as it pour endlessly that goes on for another 30 minutes before it completely dissipated. You grabbed your painting and decided to get ahead of him but he follows you even if you didn’t agree with the coffee.

 

“Say..” you started, not looking at him. “Why do you insist being my friend?”

“Hm? Why do you ask all of a sudden?” He frowned, looking at you but you avoided his gaze.

“I am just curious since you are famous. You are probably not interested in a normal person like me.” You muttered rather lowly because your tears are tempting to fall out of your eyes. You hated that vulnerable part of you that cries whenever you are in pain. You hated to admit right now that you are in pain because you are dreaming about a person who can’t be yours. He’s a star in the sky and your just rock among the soil. You two are completely different and you hated it when you says that.

 

“Are you crying?” he asked worriedly, looking at your messed up face because you started crying because of your thoughts.

“Get away from me.” You said stubbornly but he didn’t budge so instead you continued crying, this time a bit louder that catch people’s attention.

 

Seungcheol panicked so he hugged you but you cried more, not really caring about the painting in your grasp.

 

“Calm down.” He whispered on your ear and your loud sobs turned into sniffles.

 

---

 

“So you are insecured?” Seungcheol laughed as you sat in a coffee shop, savoring the warmth of the place and the smell of fresh coffee beans.

“It’s not my fault! I am not used to this.” You pouted, averting your gaze because he’s totally humored.

“You’re really funny and honest that’s why I got intrigued by you.” He said, sipping his coffee.

 

While the mood is still happy for him, you still feel a little bit wary because you are having a mental battle whether to confess to him and just completely forget about it. But then, the first choice got ahead of you so you preferred confessing your feeling than hiding everything and get hurt.

 

“You see … I like you.” You said and that made Seungcheol cough on his coffee. “It’s not like because you’re famous. I like you because you are kind and very approachable. You are funny and I enjoy every moment with you but of course I know that I don’t deserve to feel this way. I am no one and … I’m sorry—“

“I like you too!” he said rather loudly making you two stare at each other with shocked expressions. The blush follows on and before everything gets awkward, you averted your gaze and found interest in your coffee so you stared at it, feeling self conscious because he did say the words you least expected.

“I am serious.” He followed, and when you looked at him, his face is a lot redder compared to before yet he’s staring straightly at you. “I like you because of who you are and I won’t get back or regret my words.”

“Now what do we do?” you chuckled awkwardly, heat still creeping up your face as you sat there, completely surprised at the turn of events.

“Start going out maybe?” he laughed, rubbing the back of his neck until your eyes meets his and you two started laughing.

 

It was an awkward confession but you didn’t regret anything that day except crying out of nowhere because you feel devastated. Dating Seungcheol was a bit complicated but you two are making things work out. He’s busy with his performances but you are always there, watching him in his every concert and appearing in his groups’ fan meets. You also started to know every member of Seventeen and the boys are really kind and humble. You had a good time laughing with them and most likely, the reason is Seungcheol. He still appears at school every now and then and though you are being hated for dating an idol, you are still walking proudly because you get to grasp on your dreams. It is amazing and unbelievable that you managed to make Seungcheol fall in love. He is always busy and you understand that but he promised you one thing—That he’ll treasure you until you two are old and wrinkled, that he’ll marry you once the right time comes and that he would stick to his word.