Along The Way

An ANGEL? Yea, right!

 


   Chapter 29

 

Yoonhee and Mrs. Woo sat at a small children’s pen, watching the kids play while Yoonhee told Mrs. Woo about her whole experience on Earth, all the memmories she’ll never forget, and the amazing people she met.

“It’s so weird umma-nim, I could cry and everything! I felt pain again, physically and emotionally.”

Mrs. Woo smiled and nodded. “You was turning into a human again, weren’t you?” She sighed when Yoonhee didn’t respond, and grabbed Yoonhee’s hands, holding them together in hers. “I’m sorry Yoonhee-ah, this is all my fault.” Mrs. Woo scolded herself, she didn’t think about the consequences nor the possibilities of Yoonhee developing feelings. She should have been more careful… it wasn’t as simple as she thought it would be. If an angel stays on Earth too long and begins developing human feelings again, reality snaps back into their body. They disappear… forever.

“Ani, umma-nim. Jiho is a really good person,” Yoonhee immediately changed the subject. “He shouldn’t have any problems coming to Heaven, you’ll see him again.”

“Yes Yoonhee, but that’s not what I’m worried about anymore! Jiho, I can always look over him. I should’ve had more confidence in his own abilities to get to Heaven. I should’ve thought about you more, I was selfish. I’m so very sorry. You could’ve disappeared forever and I didn’t even think about that consequence. I didn’t think about you at all when I sent you down there!”

Yoonhee smiled, tryiny to give strength to Mrs. Woo. She gripped on Mrs. Woo’s hands tighter, grabbing her attention while giving her comfort. “I’m fine umma-nim, trust me. I’m not going anywhere anymore, well at least not for a very long time, and I’m okay with that. I need to dedicate more of my time to help all these little kids here.” Yoonhee’s attention averted towards the happy, little children before her. “Soon, they’ll be going on missions too. I am a perfect example of what they shouldn’t do. I messed up on purpose!” Yoonhee grinned, trying to lighten up the mood.

Mrs. Woo returned her grin with a warm, sincere smile, “Jiho would have been lucky to be with you.”

Yoonhee then started getting flashbacks of Jiho. She smiled involunteeringly as she reminisced the times they were together, both good and bad. When they first met each other on his way to the corner store. When she showed him her wings. When Block B couldn’t see her and he thought he was going crazy. When they went to the club and he beat up KiGwang, yet he ended up getting jumped by the rest of beas. When she applied ointment on his wound and the first time she saw him shirtless. She remembered when he got mad at her for being with Junhyung, the time they shared their first kiss…

“Yoonhee!!!!” Boram tackled Yoonhee into a huge hug, not allowing her to breath, as if she needed to anyways.

“Oh? Unnie!?” Yoonhee pulled herself back into reality and returned Boram’s hug.

Mrs. Woo smiled at the two’s affection as she got up from the bench they were sitting on, “I’ll go first, okay? You two catch up.”

 

“Unnie, how have you been? I’m sorry I lied to you, I hope you didn’t get into too much trouble because of me,” Yoonhee pouted, using her puppy face.

Boram her teeth, “Aigo. Of course I got into a lot of trouble!” Boram snapped as she lifted her fist. Yoonhee quickly blocked her face with her arms out of reaction, although she knew Boram unnie would never hit her.

“I want to see who this Jiho guy is to make you break so much rules!”

Yoonhee blushed and grabbed Boram’s arm. “Unnie, he’s really really sweet, although at first he might not seem like it.”

“Yah, you know you’re on probation now right? You can’t leave for the next 50 years!”

“Arayo. I don’t mind though, I’m going to be a good role-model for all these kids from now on.”

Boram giggled, “Poor kids.”

 

= = =

 

[2 Weeks Later]

“Yah, Junhyung! Hurry up, the party was suppose to start half an hour ago!” Ukwon yelled up the stairs leading to Junhyung’s bedroom.

Junhyung quickly added some touch ups to his hair, positioning them in the right places before grabbing his jacket which was thrown messily onto his drawers the week before. “I’m coming,” he yelled in return, taking a last glance at his reflection in the mirror. With a smirk to himself, he slammed his bedroom door and skidded down the stairs where Ukwon and Jaehyo were waiting ‘patiently’ for him.

“Hurry, Soyeon called me ten times already. She wants us to pick up some beer on the way.” Jaehyo twisted the front door open, half his body already outside.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go.” Junhyung smiled and pulled on his hat.

“Why’re you so happy today?” Ukwon asked, staring at Junhyung curiously.

“No reason,” he lied as he fastened his pace and caught up to Jaehyo who ignored the two, anxiously trying to get to the party.

 

“Aye, what took you guys so long?” Zico flung his arm over Ukwon’s shoulder while his attention was on Junhyung.

Junhyung smiled and returned Zico’s greeting with a small nod, slyly ignoring Zico’s question.

“I got the beer!!” Jaehyo’s excited voice echoed through Soyeon’s living room.

“WOOHOO!~” the boys cheered.

“Alright! Let’s get this party started then.” Eungjung turned up the stereo and grabbed Jangwoo’s arm, leading him to the middle of the living room floor. She invited her co-workers from the club she worked part time at and Jaehyo didn’t forget to give them his full attention.

Jaehyo had two girls dancing with him. Soyeon also invited some of her close friends who finally showed up. Even Taeil was on his feet, enjoying the rest of the night.

“Yah! Refreshments are on the kitchen table!” Soyeon yelled over the loud music.

Zico sat at a corner of the couch, enjoying everyone else having fun. PO and Kyung were dancing together since their dance partners went to grab some drinks and Ukwon sat beside Zico, nodding his head along with the beat of the song. Junhyung who was strangely really happy that day was body rolling and dancing all over the living room floor with one of Soyeon’s best friends from college. A vibration from his phone finally halted him, he eagerly glanced at the collar ID and a huge smile spreaded across his face. He stuffed his phone back in his pockets and squeezed his way from the crowd.

Ukwon got up and quickly folllowed him, suspicious of Junhyung’s behavior. Was he seeing someone and not telling anyone about it?

Junhyung headed towards the front door, without hesitation, he swung the door open and Ukwon froze.

“Oppa!”

The girl took one step in and wrapped her arms around Junhyung’s shoulders, pulling him into a long hug as Junhyung did the same. She had on a long, light blue dress which had a slit down the left side of her leg from her mid-thigh down. The dress didn’t show much cleavage but it was enough to tease any guy near her.

Junhyung slowly departed from the hug, glaring at her. Without a word, he turned her around, revealing the backside of her dress which was completely bare. “YAH! Why didn’t you wear something over that!”

She smiled and turned back, facing Junhyung. “Pshh. Stop being so over-protective of me, sheesh.” She crossed her arms and looked away from him, trying to protest. “Oh? Ukwon,” she smiled and walked closer to him. Junhyung turned around too. He didn’t expect them to meet again this quickly.

Ukwon couldn’t manage to smile back. He stood still, finding it impossible to move. He never thought he’d see her again. Without realising it, his eyes teared up. He wanted to turn around and pretend he didn’t see her but he also couldn’t find himself to do that.

“Qri,” her name softly escaped his lips. He felt quilty just seeing her again but at the same time, that’s all he wanted.

 

= = =

 

“Yah! Stop cheating!” Yoseob whined.

“Arraseo, fine!” Taeil bit his bottom lip and waited for his extreme dare from the party animals.

Dujun smirked. “I dare you, to stand on top of the coffee table and do the chicken dance.”

PO immediately bursted into laughter, imagining his leader putting down all his pride to complete a dare.

Taeil glared at Dujun, “NO! NO! I am not doing that!”

“Hyung just do it, it’s a dare.” Bbomb responded as Taeil’s glare averted towards him.

 

The whole room was filled with laughter and giggles.

“Yah, you got that recorded?”

“Hell yea I got that recorded! Ain’t no way I’m missing out on Taeil doing the chicken dance!”

“You better not put those video’s up!” Taeil threatened, “I’m not playing anymore! Screw this.” He threw himself on the couch, leaning on his arm in both anger and embarassment.

 

“Hyung come back! It’s just a game.” Kyung tried persuading but nothing would change Taeil’s mind. The game continued.

“I dare you to give Qri a welcoming kiss.” Jaehyo smirked at Ukwon before moving his eyebrows up and down, teasing the ex-couple.

Ukwon arkwardly stared at Qri and swallowed his saliva nervously. Although he really wanted to, he wasn’t sure Qri did. “A-ani, I’m not going to force her to do something with me. She just got here man’!” Ukwon tried playing it off but everyone can clearly see his eagerness.

“She’s not the one doing anything, you are.” KiGwang instigated.

“Yea, stop being a wimp!” Jaehyo teased.

“What? I’m not being a wimp! It’s just-“

A warm pair of lips stopped Ukwon from going on. After 2 seconds, she pulled back. “It’s okay.” She said, with a shy smile. She turned around and covered her cheeks, trying to hide the redness.

 

“Junhyung~” They all chanted as the bottle pointed towards Junhyung’s foot.

“Ah… no. I gotta go use the bathroom first.” He got up and attempted to leave.

Zico laughed and blocked Junhyung’s way, “Nope. Don’t think you can get away.”

Junhyung laughed, “seriously. I have to use the bathroom though.”

“Too bad, it’ll have to wait until you finish your dare.” Zico pushed Junhyung back down. The force of Zico’s push made something fall out of Junhyung’s pockets. The shiny chain caught Zico’s attention and he immediately bent down to pick it up. Just as he was about to hand it back to Junhyung, he quickly admired the worn out necklace. It was a very familiar cross. A thought suddenly came to Zico but he quickly shoved it aside, this can’t be the cross he thought Yoonhee stole. Why would Junhyung have it anyways?

He reached his hand towards Junhyung, about to return it until the cross dangled from his hand, spinning in place. Zico pulled it back up to read the engraved carvings on the back of the cross, his heart beating faster every second. Why would this be my necklace? It can’t be my necklace! “Always believe in yourself, just like mommy does.


 

[Alwaysme3 Says] Yurp... very veryyy long chapter. LOLOL. How was the game guys? Keke. I like Taeil's dare best xD I mean, we can all honestly imagine him doing that in real life but this Taeil doing the chicken dance would be daebak! lol. Anyways, I really missed you guys :'( I hoped you all enjoyed this chapter :) BTW, the poster! xD It was actually a practice poster I made. I was never actually going to put it up but why not, right? Lol. There's no use of it to just sit around! ^^