Moving In

Roommates

 

The final box was placed into the car. You dusted off your hands after all the hard work of getting your things packed.

“Is that everything?” Your father asked, closing the trunk to your car. You quickly went through your memory to make sure you really did have everything you needed.

“I believe so. And if I did forget something, I can come back another time to get it.”

Your mother came up to you and gave you a big hug. Tears were in her eyes. You hugged her back.

“My baby is so grown up; moving out of our house and living on her own!” She cried. You rubbed her back in circles to try to calm her down. Your father put a hand on your shoulder.

“Now remember, if you ever need something don’t hesitate to call us.”

“I won’t. But I better go now. Woosang is probably already at the apartment waiting for me.”

Your father had to peel your mother off of you.

You opened the door to the driver side of the car and looked back at your parents.

“Oh, and tell Hoik I said bye, since he’s not here…” You got into the car and drove off.

..

The car ride there was maybe thirty minutes long. One thing that was good about this apartment is that it’s a lot closer to the school you went to than your parent’s house. And the family restaurant you worked at was a block down from your school.

You parked the car in the parking lot of the apartment complex. You grabbed your purse from the passenger seat and got out of your car. You left the parking lot and headed to your new apartment that you’d be sharing with your boyfriend and some other guy that you hardly knew named Joowon.

When you got there, the door was already open and there were a few boxes outside of it. You stepped around them and entered the apartment. The furniture had already arrived and was already set into place. 

“Woosang oppa?” You called and looked around for him. He stepped out of one of the bedrooms.

“~~~~~~-ah!” Woosang smiled and rushed over to you. He gave a big bear hug and rocked you from side to side. He gave you a big smooch on your left cheek. “I missed you!”

You giggled. “Oppa, I just saw you yesterday.”

“That was so~o long ago.” He stopped rocking. “At least now we’ll see each other every day now!”

You smiled and gently pushed him off of you.

“Will you help me with my stuff?” You asked, turning towards the couch and put your purse down on it.

“Yeah, let me just finish bringing in the boxes that are mine.” Woosang exited the apartment and came back with the boxes that were outside. He put them in the room he came out of when you arrived. Woosang went over to where you were and grabbed your hand. The two of you went to your car to get your boxes.

..

Your things were placed in the living room just until you were done bringing in everything.

“This is the last thing.” Woosang came in with your duffle bag that you had put your toiletries and some brand new towels in.

“Thanks for helping me, oppa!” You took the bag from him and put it inside the bathroom to be emptied out later.

“It’s no problem. I’ll do anything for you.”

“You’re so sweet!” You started to move your other boxes around and began to unpack. “Oh, do you know when Joowon-ssi is supposed to move in?”

Woosang started to unpack his things, too. “I think either tomorrow or sometime this week.”

You both spent the rest of the day unpacking, and when you were done you were totally exhausted. You plopped down on the couch.

“That was tiring!” Woosang sat down next to you and draped an arm around your shoulders. “What do you want for dinner tonight?”

“How about tak toritang? I’ve been in the mood for that lately.”

“Okay, I’ll go shopping in a few. I just want to rest for a bit more.”

You rested your head on Woosang’s chest and he started to slowly rub your shoulder.