Morning Routine

Crush

The blaring of the alarm clock made me wince. I really didn't want to wake up for school and the fact that I only went to sleep at 2 last night didn't help. 

I switched off my alarm clock and sat up, just sitting blindly in the dark for a while. 

Unplugging my phone from the charging stand I scrolled through the messages from Areum, Ji Eun,Ye Seul and Ara. Just in case I missed something important, but it was just the usual nonsense that I've grown to know as their idea of a conversation. A smile graced my lips as I read through Ara and Ji's conversation of which Cole twin was hotter. 

I left the shower and saw my uniform already lain on the bed, I sighed, knowing that one of the maids had done it. Despite the numerous amount of times I've told them of my quest to be independent. I let my bathrobe fall to the floor before getting dressed. 

I brushed my hair and sprayed a spritz of my perfume. Grabbing my bag I slung it over my shoulder and left my room, l ran down the stairs, excited. 

Today was the first day of school, which meant, the first day of second year. We'll be introduced to new, writers, books and poets. I get excited even just thinking about it. 

"We had an unscheduled meeting, we'll be late tonight as well don't wait up for us xx" I read the note on the refrigerator written in my mothers distinguishable handwriting. My mother and father were busy people, I knew that and I as I grew up I realised that I didn't have time to be a bratty child to whine about it every time. I had to live with the fact that my parents loved what they did and were good at it. But them being busy didn't mean that I grew up without the love and warmth of a family, every free day or hour they had, they spent it with me. I was more than thankful for that. 

I sat in the back of the car as my chauffeur drove me to school, my head bobbing slightly to the music played from the radio.