SeulRene

Again and Again

(A/N: So I added this chapter because I feel like Seulrene's part at the story was confusing. Bear with this. Haha. Btw, I'm still contemplating on having another extra chapter for Taengsic since I gave one for Seulrene, but let's just see. Clearance week is such a pain in the .)

--

 

Irene Bae is Jessica Jung’s cousin. So when she notices a certain bear, not looking at her direction—considering that everybody else in the campus is looking at her—she became intrigued. And what made her annoyed was the face that the bear made when one of her friends forced her to look at Irene’s direction. Irene was almost certain that the bear did not like one bit about her friends forcing her, and that made Irene think that the bear must be blind because she can’t see a beauty in her direction. She inwardly scoffed inside. Not like I would be very begging for her attention. Tch. I have everybody else in the campus.

On Kang Seulgi’s side, however, was kind of embarrassing. She was pretty and everybody else knows that. Who wouldn’t? Well, a person doesn’t. Kang Seulgi herself. So when a certain Bae entered the campus, Seulgi was fast to turn around, not wanting to be one of those people who doesn’t have shame at all and were totally gawking on the goddess on the way. When one of her friend named Park Sooyoung, or just simply Joy, as what she wants to be called, forced her to look at her long-time crush, she panicked inside and unknowingly made a not-so-quite good face, partly annoyed at her annoying friend.

When the crowd started to move around again, that was when Seulgi was able to breathe normally again and fanned herself with her mere hands.

“Wieee!! My Kang Seulgi is as red as a tomato!” Park Joy just couldn’t shut up, so she teased Seulgi with a voice Seulgi was sure a little higher than her already high-pitched voice.

“Shh! Tsk.” Seulgi shushed her noisy, nosy (in her love life, if she even has one), friend. She immediately walked away, intentionally leaving her best friend, to go back to her class.

 

-

 

How did Seulgi became ‘close’ to her long-time crush sunbae and pursue her?

Well, blame the green ocean called ‘jealousy’ for making her all ‘courageous’ and confessed on the point.

It was lunch time at that time when Seulgi find herself staring at the certain table where the elites sit. Irene was not there yet, and that made Seulgi unknowingly pout. Irene was never late on their table. She wonder what made Irene hold back from lunch yet. When she was about to stand up to get the meal on her own, she felt a nudge from her best friend.

“What?”

“Wendy Son is looking at you.” Her friend whispered, and she almost immediately looked back at the table to see herself. When she looked back, Wendy was really looking at her with eyes that she couldn’t understand. She looked back to Joy again and they shared a knowing look. Not wanting to be noticed by the best friend of her crush, she just bowed her head on their table and got her phone, wanting to look busy.

“Hi.” Suddenly, a voice she’s sure that came just above her head surprised her. She looked for the source and almost cursed in regret when she saw Wendy’s smiling figure. She smiled back awkwardly.

“Good noon, I’m Son Seungwan, but call me Wendy. I like it more that way. I’m sorry to disturb you lunch, but can I talk to you, Kang Seulgi?” Wendy spoke with her own accent that Seulgi was sure she never heard before. She was stunned for a moment because THE Wendy Son know her, and on the fact that she’s currently talking to her. Before she could even reply, her ever-so-annoying friend just have to answer for her in the very normal way.

“Yeah, of course! You can borrow her for a while… wait, forget about that. Maybe you don’t even have to return her. She’s always free, and always ready to mingle!” Joy, whose mouth is full with the donut she’s eating, answered while still stuffing with it. And Seulgi can’t help but to be reddened out of embarrassment because of her so-called ‘friend.’ Seulgi doesn’t know her. She’s not friends with her.

Wendy just chuckled and looked at Seulgi. The latter immediately stood up, not forgetting to kick her friend from below the table (just a revenge for embarrassing her most of the time) and smiled awkwardly at Wendy again.

Wendy walked ahead of her and Seulgi just followed. Actually, the two of them are just in the same age and in the same year, but Seulgi can’t help but to be very awkward and uncomfortable towards the latter. Aside from the fact that she’s her crush’s best friend, the girl is undeniably pretty and is pretty popular around her school too. Well, as mentioned, they are elites.

“Hey, Seulgi” Wendy suddenly called out and Seulgi wondered why would they be on the soccer field.

“Huh?” she dumbly answered and looked around the field, only to see her crush, with some of the members of the soccer team, openly flirting with her. Slowly, Seulgi could feel the cold temperature surrounding her (though it was really hot as hell on the field), as she stared longer at the scene.

Wendy, upon seeing this, smirked.

“*ahem!*” she purposely cleared out loud to break the bear’s reverie, and was successful.

“Seulgi-ya, do you know why we’re here?” Wendy kept her neutral face, though inside, she was suppressing her laughter upon seeing Seulgi’s eyes wandering back and forth towards Irene’s direction.

“Uhhh…” Seulgi could not concentrate. Especially when she saw one of the soccer team member ‘shamelessly’ put his arms around Irene’s waist, and the latter did not even care about it. What’s wrong with her?! Why would she not dodge his touch?!

“Seulgi?” Wendy has to call her attention again for Seulgi to realize that she’s still there. Seulgi, realizing her moves (which are really really obvious, by the way), immediately snapped her head back to Wendy.

“Yeah? Why are we here, Wendy-shi?”

Wendy smiled. She likes this girl already for her best friend.

“Oh, no. Don’t be so formal to me. We’re in the same age, aren’t we? Please just be comfortable.” Wendy beamed. Seulgi just unsurely nodded her head and smiled back.

Actually, Wendy has nothing to say. She just wanted to see how Seulgi would react if she sees this scene. So when she saw the boy’s head, leaning dangerously to her best friend’s, she made a face and looked at Seulgi, hoping that Seulgi would get her message. And apparently, the latter did. She looked back at Irene’s direction, and when she saw the slightest fear on Irene’s eyes, she was fast to leave Wendy and stomped towards the scene, quickly pulling Irene from the boy’s grasp, held her hands (which made the both of them blush. The one from being able to hold her crush’s hand, and the one being embarrassed and shock from the sudden pull), and walked away leaving the team groaning.

When they reached some certain part of the school where barely anyone goes, Seulgi slowed her pace and eventually stopped. Also releasing Irene’s hand (because she would look like a creep if she still continues on holding her hand).

Still back-facing Irene, Seulgi slowly catch her breath and readied herself to face Irene. When she did, Irene was already blankly staring at her, making her fidget on her stance and gulped.

“Uhh… Sorry f-for pulling you here… Uhh… I just… Uhh, nevermind. Have a great day.” Seulgi stammered—can’t really make proper sentences even inside her head. She ended up bowing and greeting the latter with a dumb “have a great day” and was planning to already walk away when a cold voice stopped her tracks.

“Who are you? Why did you pull me out from the field?” Irene asked the familiar girl. I’m sure I’ve seen her somewhere.

“Uhh… K-Kang Seulgi…?” Seulgi dumbly answered. Irene suddenly remembered the girl that she saw a few weeks ago who did not look at her, and also (kind of) hurt her ego.

“Uh-huh. And your purpose for pulling me out is…?” her voice came a little colder.

“I-I was jealous.”

Blame it on her jumbled-up brain that she was not able to stop from saying her real reason, and confession. And with a dumb-looking smile, Seulgi was able to say that she’s going to pursue her, making the confused Irene be shocked. Upon fully registering the younger girl’s words, annoyed expression replaced her shocked one. How dare this girl. After hurting my ego, she suddenly confesses and would want to pursue me?!! The guts of this girl!!

 

-

 

Irene is suppose to be still annoyed at Kang Seulgi for annoying her every single day for months now, but every single day seeing the bear with her dumb smile, innocent face, and carefree nature, Irene slowly found herself being fond of the latter. Too fond that she can already catch herself staring at Seulgi a little too much for her own comfort, smiling at the text messages Seulgi sends her, anticipating every single day of her life because Seulgi is there to ‘annoy’ her again, and being sad when the latter is not around or Irene was not able to see her that day.

So when one day, Wendy told her that Seulgi introduced a Park Jimin to them, Park Joy’s close relative, Irene was able to realize that she’s sure starting to like her supposed to be ‘annoying’ bear.

Every time Seulgi could not send her texts anymore because she ‘forgot’ because she’s with Park Jimin, or when Seulgi cancels herself out from the group’s outing because she already had plans with Park Jimin, Irene could feel herself burn from something called ‘jealousy’.  And slowly, insecurities came. What if Seulgi already gathered a liking towards him? What if she likes him now? What if she stops pursuing after me, because she’s feeling tired now?

Irene thought that she can’t have all the jealousy in the world, so when Kim Yerim, a freshman who’s really close to Wendy, introduced her older brother from another school, Kim Taehyung, she immediately befriended him. But she made sure that no matter what, Taehyung could not have feelings for her, explaining to him her situation, and the latter was actually glad enough to help after hearing the friend Seulgi was spending a lot of time with lately, telling her that he and Park Jimin are actually friends (which actually annoyed Irene, but she doesn’t have much of a choice).

 

-

 

It has been a full week since Irene saw Seulgi. Guess where Seulgi is if not in their class? Well, of course, with Jimin.  Irene was starting to be angry at Seulgi (blame it to her jealousy), so she introduced Taehyung as her boyfriend to Seulgi when they had time to meet. She did saw a small flicker in Seulgi’s eyes, but she was still annoyed when Kang Seulgi just muttered a ‘Congrats, then. I hope you’re happy with him. Take care’ and walked away.

In hopelessness, Irene walked along the hallway in Seulgi’s building, hoping to at least see the younger girl. A smile crept in her face when she did saw the girl, but was immediately changed into a frown, when Jimin, once again, beaming at her and talking. It was recess time, so there were not much of students in the hallway nor in the classroom, so Irene took the chance to open a little wider the classroom’s door and listened to what Jimin and Seulgi were talking about.

“So, you’re letting her go?” Jimin asked.

“I guess. I see she’s happy with him. And I guess, after all these months of constant cold shoulders from her, I grew a little tired…”

Irene immediately ran out of the building, stopping herself from bawling her eyes off. It would not be a good image especially when there are students always looking at her. So when she reached her own class, she pulled the confused Wendy, and went to the girls CR, locking it, and cried while telling Wendy all she heard.

A misunderstanding. Irene was not able to hear all of it. She was not able to hear that after Seulgi said her statement, she smiled at Jimin and with a ‘fighting’ pose, she said “…but I’m not stopping. When I see that Taehyung hurting Irene, although he’s a friend of yours, I’m gonna beat the crap out of him. I’m gonna claim what’s mine.”

That day, Irene lost her energy from crying, but still she went out in the night and told Taehyung to meet her. But Taehyung did not show up, making her annoyed, here she is, already heartbroken, and her guy best friend did not show up.

So she went back home and lazed on her couch, picked up a random DVD and played it on the TV. Her attention was obviously far from the show she was watching. The words she heard from Seulgi repeated at the back of head, adding the pent-up frustrations and jealousy made her cry while eating the popcorn in the bowl.

And then Seulgi just have to barge into her house.

(A/N: And then refer the next moments from the previous chapter.)

(A/N: This is the last part, I just added things from Irene’s point of view.)

Suddenly, Seulgi’s phone rang, making her panic a little and immediately answered it without looking for the caller's ID. This stirred Irene up.

"Good evening Seul!" a cheerful voice greeted her. Seulgi got a questioning look and looked at her watch for the time. It was already 10 in the evening for pete's sake, and yet the caller just have to greet her in a very cheerful voice. She stood up from the bed and attempted to distance herself to be able to answer the call, when Irene held her wrist, stopping her. Irene finally woke up when she heard that very familiar voice. Irene also was also able to look at the time at the wall clock hung at the side of her room. It’s already freaking 10 in the evening and he still calls my Seulgi. Tsk. The guts of this man. Well, when jealousy and frustrations are already piled up, you really can’t control yourself anymore, and so, Irene did not even mind about hiding her feelings now.

"Yes, good evening to you too Jimin. Seulgi is already asleep now, so why don't you sleep now too and maybe, never wake up!" She yelled at the caller and huffed. She glared at Seulgi hard. How dare this girl.

"You--" Irene started but the phone rang again, making her shout at the caller.

"What?!!"

"Uhhh.. chill. I just want to know, why do you have Seulgi's phone?" Turned out, it was Park Jimin again.

"That is totally none of your business!" Irene rolled her eyes for the nth time today and was about to end the call when she remembered something.

"And oh! Park, tell that buddy of yours that we're done. Not that we really became something. Tsk." She scoffed at no one in particular and ended the call then shutting it down.

"Uhhh... I think... I think I should go n-now." Seulgi stammered and planned to walk away when Irene replied her with a threat.

"You walk out of that door, you're dead."

Seulgi did turn around again, but she refused to look at Irene. The latter could see it, so she moved to another side of her bed and patted the space beside her.

"Lay beside me here."

Seeing the still-frozen Seulgi on her toes, she called out again in a more stern voice.

"Kang Seulgi, did you not hear me? Do I need to repeat myself twice?"

When Seulgi finally moved to lay beside her, a small smile plastered at Irene’s face. She could still feel the space Seulgi created between them, so she moved closer, her hand went around Seulgi’s waist, her leg went over Seulgi’s legs, and she purposely lean so close on the latter’s neck. She smirked when she could feel how tense Seulgi had become.

“Sleep.” She muttered. She could actually feel Seulgi’s heartbeat, making the fast beating of her heart be faster.

“Sleep, Seulgi, sleep”. She whispered as sleepiness kicked again. She might as well take advantage of this position because she will need a lot of sleep for tomorrow for they have a lot of explanation to explain.

 

-