Rain: The Story

Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaerin froze in her spot. Her voice stuck in . Her eyes stopped on the figure who was still smirking with his wet hair pushed back leaving a few strands hanging on the side ily. She glanced at the heavy rain outside before scanning the man in front of her again. His fit sized black shirt wrapped his lean body just enough to accentuate the subtle yet firm tone abs underneath it. 

 

She swallowed the hard lump in when he started to approach her, not breaking the eye contact. The hair behind her neck stood with every step he took. He stopped right in front of her and drilled a hole into her soul with his eyes alone.

 

That eyes. They’re always sharp and sensual as she remembered. It has been a long time since the last time Chaerin saw them. The pair of eyes that always brought her in with every stare.

 

“Need help?” With the persistent smirk and dark gaze, he raised his brow. Without waiting for her answer, he scooped her body swiftly making her gasped in shock and carried her bridal style to one of the stools near the island in the middle of the kitchen. He laid her down gently as if he was handling something so fragile and precious, a total opposite from his appearance.

 

“You don’t seem amused seeing me here, Chaerin-sshi.” He rested both his hands on the island, trapping her in the middle and inched his face closer to hers. The extremely close distance between them made her body froze yet her heart flutter. She swore if she moved even a centimetre forward, their lips would meet. Deep down, she felt guilty towards Jiyong for the thought of moving forward did cross her mind for a nanosecond.

 

“W-what…h-how did you get in here?” He couldn’t possibly know the code. They haven’t met for nearly a year. Her clueless expression made him chuckle.

 

“It’s not that hard to guess your house code. That cheesy Jiyong is so predictable.” He mocked him in annoyance. Chaerin scoffed unconsciously. She felt like she needs to stand up for her husband but part of her deemed it unnecessary. “You seemed to disagree with me. Orange juice?” He responsed to her reaction and chuckled in amuse while pouring a glass of orange juice before putting it in front of her. She realised he tried to hide his bandaged hand that she barely noticed when he carried her just now.

 

Sudden feeling of thirst making Chaerin brought the glass quickly to her lips and took a few sips.

 

“Don’t worry. I didn’t put anything in it.” GD added with his back facing her as he was putting the orange juice carton back in the fridge.

 

As soon as he finished his words, Chaerin coughed instantly as she choked on the orange juice.

 

Closing the fridge door, GD stared at her intently while chuckled mockingly with hands folded on his chest and back leaned on the closed fridge. Obviously enjoying the view of her face turning red and pinching her nose due to the sting.

 

She swore if it was Jiyong in front of her, she would smack him down in an instant but then, he was not. She wouldn’t dare to do that to the person in front of her now. It was too risky. Even his stare now screamed insidious with an exclamation mark.

 

“Get ready in an hour. We’re going out.” As soon as she stopped her coughing fit, he ordered before he started to leave the kitchen.

 

“Wait! It is raining heavily outside!” She shouted as GD’s body started to disappear from her sight.

 

“You have a car, don’t you?” His voice sounded nonchalant yet loud enough to reach her.

 

“It’s not mine! It’s Jiyong’s!”

 

The name was able to stop him in his track. He turned to her with a mysterious smirk on his face.

 

“That makes it more interesting, isn’t it?”

 

Chaerin swallowed the hard lump in . GD continued his steps before stopping once again and turned to her with a now dark yet cheeky smirk.

 

“By the way, nice night gown you worn there. Thanks for the view.” He whistled before winking at her and left the area.

 

She quickly looked down at what she wore and her eyes were never as big as of now. She screamed her lungs out in her head and her face immediately turned red, which didn’t even get to fully recover from the choking incident a few minutes ago.

 

“Damn that guy.”

 

*****

 

They walked along the busy street, passing a few cafés and boutiques displaying the new season’s collections. A spread of colourful umbrellas filled the sight making the street more crowded than it already is.

 

While cruising along the street, Chaerin eyed the guy who was walking a step in front of her while she trailed from behind with her slightly limping gait. She glared at his back for not even bother to consider her condition when he decided to come here. She observed his figure from the back intently.

 

He really looked similar to Jiyong despite the different hairstyle, choice of outfit and attitude obviously. Indeed, there were times when Jiyong had his share of turning into a monster moment but he was never like this guy. Despite being inconsiderate and cold, she found him attractive yet intimidating. Was it a fling they shared before she finally chose to settle with Jiyong? And what is this feeling that she has when he is in front of him? Is it longing?

 

She remembered the day she met GD, long before she knew Jiyong…

 

Chaerin looked at her Chanel watch and the café’s window simultaneously. She sighed. The cup in front of her had long been empty and the small plate was left with a doily paper with a trace of tiramisu that was there an hour ago. The rain outside didn’t seem to slow down but the clock kept ticking and now it’s already pointed to 9. The café’s worker has started to wipe the table and mop the floor but was too kind to chase her out. It was a long day. She attended three interviews straight to get a job. Why is it so hard to get a job nowadays?? *really!* She sighed for the umpteenth time.

 

“You don’t want to sleep here, do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter