Moving In

You are My V.I.U
 
Moving In
Chapter 04

A month after that, finally came the day for me to move in to Yong’s Residence. Listless is the only word to describe my state right now. I was reluctant to step out of the house.  I was dazing off while my luggage was being dragged to the car. “Ms. Kang Hee, the car is ready,” the chauffeur’s hoarse voice startled me. “Uh? Okay,” my steps were draggy, I started to regret my decision. “Kang Hee, thank you,” my parents hugged me. “We know it was hard, thank you,” we then walked to the car. I just smiled.

The whole journey was spent with me keeping silent while my parents were talking. I didn’t realize when the chauffeur parked the car inside a large mansion. Once again, I was startled when the chauffeur told me that we arrived. With a heavy heart, I step out the car. In front of me stand a large modern mansion, I was not surprised, this family is one of the richest and elite families in South Korea. What I could feel was only foreignness. I have to stay in this house, with people whom I never met. I scoffed sarcastically, what on earth am I doing. My parents could not seem to be more pleased. They had already went to meet the Yongs, leaving me behind still dragging my feet. My parents rely on this. I reminded myself then pulled a little confidence and walk in the house.

The house was already full of chatters, “Ryesung its been so long!” my father had made himself comfortable in the sofa, along with Mr and Mrs Yong. I stepped in awkwardly and bowed, “Hello,” they turned around, and stood up. “This is Kang Hee?” Mrs. Yong was donned in a light pink one piece, showing her elegance. “Yes, this is my daughter, Kang Hee,” my mom then hurriedly walked beside me. “She is all grown up already! What a fine young lady, the last time we saw her, she was still in your arms,” Mrs. Yong came to me. I just smiled, awkwardly. The whole time was spent with me shifting awkwardly in my seat while they chat happily.

“Kang Hee I heard you are a dancer?” Mrs. Yong asked me. “Yes, I am a choreographer, Mrs. Yong,” I smiled forcefully. “Wow that’s why you have a nice figure, and please, I hate formalities, don’t call me Mrs. Yong, just call me Sora,” she said, her eyes were sparkling. “Oh, okay then, Sora,” I nodded. “Oh oh, I also heard that you are a stylist? I think I had seen your name for magazines,” Sora said again. She must’ve looked up a lot about me. “Yes, that was some time before, now I focus more on being a choreographer, while I still style and do make-ups if I had free time,” I explained. “Where is Junhyung?” my dad asked. “Junhyung has something going on, but rest assured, he will be back tonight,” Mr. Yong sipped his tea. “Um, I am sorry, but I am a little bit tired,” I broke their chatters. “Oh yes, you must’ve been tired, you just got well right? Come, Minah here will show you your room,” Sora called a maid and she scurried over. “Hi Ms. Kang, come this way,” she showed me to my room.

The room was spacious; it was painted in light pink with some paintings hanging on the wall. There was also a piano.  On the cupboard there was a ballerina music box and some girly ornaments. The maid pulled my luggage in. “Thank you,” I said. “You’re welcome Miss, we don’t know what you like so we just decorated the room accordingly, I hope it was to your liking,” Minah explained. “You decorated this, for me?” I was stunned, why would they go through the lengths. “Yes, Mrs. Sora always wanted a daughter, but he gave birth to two sons instead, so when she heard that you were coming, she was so excited,” Minah chuckled. “Wow, thank you, I like it,” I would be lying if I say I wasn’t touched. This family isn’t so bad. “Well, you look tired Miss, please rest, I will excuse myself then,” she walked out of the room.

Finally, time for myself. I sat on the bed. Holding on to my necklace, “Dongmin-ah, I am sorry,” I felt guilty, coming here and all this. It felt like I was betraying Dongmin. My phone suddenly rang. “Yoboseyo?” a manly voice was heard at the other end. “Kang Hee!” he said, it was my older brother. “Oppa,” I said. “This is ridiculous, did you move in already? I can’t believe mom and dad did this! I will find a way to save the company, you just lost Dongmin, how could they?!” he was nagging at the other side of the phone. I laughed, “Oppa, how’s Swiss? Did you have a great time there? You didn’t even come back to see me,” I changed the topic. “I know, I am so sorry I could not be with you at your worst moment, what kind of oppa am I,” he started chiding himself. Kang Jun was two years older than me, he was my older brother but sometimes felt like a younger brother instead. “I don’t blame you, Swiss been keeping you extremely busy, how is the company there?” He was handling our business in Swiss. “Well to be honest, it was not that good either, but nevertheless, they shouldn’t make you do this! Sacrificing your happiness and all that!” his voice was getting annoyed. “It’s not mom and dad’s fault, I decided to do this, after all I am a part of this family, I should do my part,” I spoke softly. We then stayed silent. “Kang Hee, are you okay?” he broke the silence. “I was not, but I guess I am now,” I assured him. “Well then, I am glad you were back to normal, but don’t force yourself too much okay? You can call me anytime,” then I heard someone calling for him at the other side of the phone. “Ah, I should go, they are rushing me, see you next month!” the call ended.

I smiled to myself, my brother has always been like that, and he was not the kind to show his affection in front. The only time that he was this sweet was only during phone calls. I gather my senses and start to unpack. After that, I lay down on the bed again, staring at Dongmin’s picture again. Shortly after that, I fell asleep. I was awoken by the aroma of food. Rubbing my eyes, I saw Minah bring in a tray of food. “Hi Miss, you are awake, it was past dinner time and you haven’t wake up yet, so I was told to bring the food here,” she pushed the tray to me. “I am sorry, I didn’t realize that I fell asleep,” I said, I felt bad, I didn’t eat dinner with Mr and Mrs Yong, how rude am I. “Enjoy the meal,” Minah closed the door.

Sigh, I was indeed hungry. I took the utensils and started to eat. After I have eaten, I took a hot bath. It was already 10 p.m by then. I went downstairs and saw Mr. Yong sitting on the sofa and Mrs. Yong pacing back and forth with the phone on her ear. “Hello,” I bowed. They were both startled by my presence. “Kang Hee! Did you ate? I heard you were asleep,” Mr Yong looked at me. “I am sorry I fell asleep and couldn’t come down for dinner,” I bowed again, feeling apologetic. They must’ve label me as a rude girl by now. “Its okay, we knew you were tired,” Mrs. Yong then put the phone down. “Is something wrong?” I dared to ask. “Uh, no, its just that-“ before MRs. Yong is able to finish her sentence, the door barged open.

“Yong Junhyung! You are finally back!” Mrs. Yong looked cross. “Do you know what time is it now? Have I never taught you any manners?” she shouted.  “Urgh mom, can you please don’t shout at me, I haven’t even fully step inside the house,” the man was annoyed. So this is Yong Junhyung. I eyed him, he was wearing a mask so I could not see his face clearly. “What time do you promise to come back?” Mrs. Yong was really pissed. “I have work, I couldn’t get away,” he still hasn’t realize that there was a stranger standing there. Mr. Yong then cleared his throat, “Dear, shouldn’t you introduce them?” Mrs. Yong then bring me closer to Junhyung. “Hello, my name is Kang Hee,” I took the initiative to bow. He took off his mask, pretending he did not hear me. This guy is rude. “Hey son don’t be rude!” Sora punched his back. “Who is this?” he looked at me, disinterested. “Junhyung, she is Kang Hee that we told you about, your fiancée,” Mr. Yong was containing his anger.  “What?! Fiancee? I don’t have a fiancée” he walked to the kitchen, ignoring the three of us. “We told you before! Where are you going?” MRs. Yong hurriedly chased after him. “Kang Hee-ah, I am sorry, this child, he has always been aloof like this, I hope you don’t mind,” Mr. Yong patted my back. For the umpteenth time, I smiled forcefully.

Yong Junhyung then came over with a coke in his hand. He took a sip, “I am Yong Junhyung, and I am not getting married with you” he said coldly and went up the stairs. Mr and Mrs Yong were fuming with anger. “Kang Hee, I am deeply sorry, don’t worry, the marriage will go as planned,” then both of them went upstairs too. I was hoping for otherwise.

.

 

Author's Note: Hi guys! Fourth cahpter is up! Kang Hee finally met Junhyung! But she does not recognize him? Haha