Chapter Two

Antipode
Please log in to read the full chapter

Antipode
Chapter Two — Free


A person with so many dreams, so many things to do.

That is Kim Jongin.

He can't be locked up in his room or their big house, no, the place isn't for him. He believes he is meant to be outside, interacting with people, helping those in need, making a difference.

That's what made him a free spirit... with plans in his mind.

He has so many things to do, but can't find the right person to do those with. Let's face it, his plans are not cut out for just one person. He needs a companion, a partner.

"Jongin-ah, where are you going again?"

The nineteen year old brunet flinches at the sound of his long-time nanny. There's just a few steps to reach the door, he thinks he should've made a run for it.

"Nana... Outside?" Jongin gives the old woman a toothy grin, hoping that she'll let him slide this time.

"Jongin, you know that you tire yourself, right?" Nanny Hong puts her hands on her hips, staring helplessly at the young man.

Jongin has so many things to do, but so little time on his hands.

"I know! But I don't want to rot in my room! Another minute in there and I'll go crazy!" He sighs.

Nanny Hong softens, the wrinkles in her face disappearing. She can't blame the young man; he has been here for days, and knowing him, he must be itching to get out of their house. He's not the type of guy who just sits around and does nothing. Even in his early age, despite having a con heart disease, he was a very cheerful and active boy.

"What do you even do outside? You've already memorized this whole neighborhood."

"Well, it changes, and there are new people too. Plus, it's nice to walk around! Do that some time too!" Jongin tells his second mother, to which the latter shakes her head.

"Silly boy. If you really want to go out that much..." Nanny Hong trails off, and Jongin doesn't even hide his excitement and the strong urge to dash out of the house. "You can go. But, don't come home panting and sweating. Don't run, don't carry things. Don't—"

"Yes, yes, noted! Love 'ya!" His contagious grin is bright as he half-jogs.

The old woman smiles. She would give everything to see

Please log in to read the full chapter