Chapter One

Antipode
Please log in to read the full chapter

hello! it is i, nana, back again with another fic. this time, starring our handsome dancer, kim jongin!!! *happy dance* i hope you enjoy reading this short fic! im not a professional writer, so please, bear with this poor soul ㅠㅡㅠ feedbacks are appreciated! thank you!

 

Antipode
Chapter One — Lost

 

 

They say that most people entering their early 20's get a sense of being lost in life, or being indecisive about where they want their lives to be headed.

Yoon Mina might just be a mix of those.

Aging twenty-two, she can't seem to choose between practicality or her passion—writing. It's not like she will make an instant living with writing. That would take years of experience, and catching people's hearts with her works.

Right now, she's sticking to her everyday routine that includes working at day, writing at night.

Mina is blankly staring at her life ahead, not knowing what to do with so much time in her hands.

Two years ago, she decided to move out of their house. Her parents refused first, but after further explanations and convincing that Mina did, they finally allowed their youngest daughter to live o her own and figure her life on her own. After graduating college with a degree in the field of Arts, she took online creative writing classes. Now, she's using all of the things she learned in writing a piece that hopefully would be her break.

Mina is a quiet person. She prefers silence, and likes to spend her time alone with herself. Growing up witnessing her parents fight and shout at each other, she cherishes the peace she's getting from being independent and alone in her apartment. Mina works at a small printing company and the salary she's getting is enough to support herself on an everyday basis. Too much, even, since her parents–persistent ones, if I must mention–insisted on paying her bills. Mina thinks it's their small consolation for her since they don't pay her too much attention for being the dull one in the family. While her two older sisters are much more social and outgoing, youngest Yoon Mina would just stay in her room and write. Her parents can't complain. Unlike the other two, Mina didn't give them trouble at all.

The problem is, Mina has the skills to write, but doesn't have an inspiration.

She lives a boring life. An unending cycle of waking up, go to work, go home, write something, sleep and repeat. Mina forces herself to do something that would give her ideas, like traveling or talking to people that is not her parents and two friends at work. But no matter how hard she tells herself, she just can't find the courage to do so. It's just... not her. She's shy, timid, and quiet. Her mind works more than does.

Mina stands in front of her mirror for the last time, giving her full outfit a one last look. It's not anything special; a pair of tight jeans, oversized white shirt, gray jacket and a pair of old sneakers. Her medium length hair is tied up into a simple bun. It's a Wednesday, and she's heading to work.

Mina is in charge of editing. Clients can also request some layout to her but with additional fees. Working in a laptop for so lo

Please log in to read the full chapter