III. Three

Sweet Americano, Bitter Vanilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HANEUL

I was rushing this morning while walking to my campus. Fortunately the whole situation compels, even the coffeeshop. The moment i went in to the coffeeshop, the sweet barista that i saw everyday already remembered me so he prepared my americano already, i was a bit touched with his action, to be honest. 

Speaking of why I'm rushing this morning, i have to meet Ha Ru before class and talk to her. Seriously, I don't understand what is up with her. She doesn't usually sell my information to guys so easily. And she always told me when a guy approaches her asking about me. Even, she usually protected my mostly private information to these guys, for the sake of my privacy of course. Something is up with this Jeon Jungkook guy. What did he gave to Ha Ru, seriously?! Even if he's popular, this is still not right.

I remember the last time a popular guy approaches my best friend. It was Min Yoongi, my senior. He worked damn hard for months just to get my number. He approached and stalked Ha Ru almost every day to get a slight information about me. But my trustworthy best friend of course gave him nothing. Speaking of attractiveness, Yoongi sunbaenim is physically attractive. He's also talented in music and stuff, but yeah the attitude of this popular guy flawed the slightly perfection made on him. He's no different than the Jungkook guy, acted cool all the time and stuff. It made me sick, actually. But what makes Jungkook more special than him, huh? Why Ha Ru leaked my private stuff to Jungkook, but let Yoongi gave up on chasing me? Why did she let Jungkook crossed my private border just in one meeting, but let Yoongi suffered for months worth for not getting any slightest information about me? 


I texted Ha Ru in advance, and she's waiting in the canteen to meet me.

I walked in to the canteen with Ha Ru sitting with some girls.

"Yah, can i have your time?" i walked to her, I don't care with these girls sitting around her.

"Sure, bestie. I think i know what you're going to say" she smiled happily, what the hell. With that, she got up and saying good bye to the girls she chatted with before. I walked in before her, she followed me behind.

As i arrived in the nearest bench, i sat down on it and Ha Ru followed me after.

"So, how was him?" 

"What do you mean how was him?! Did you seriously tell him my whole informations?"

"He's Jeon Jungkook, my love! I know he's not a bastard like his friends. I know he's the most innocent among them." she looked at me with a careful smile.

"but still, you sold my information to a random guy," i looked away from her.

"Let me get this straight, okay? You know nothing about these guys, don't you? You don't care about whatever around you, that's you, Haneul-ah." well, she's right tho. i know nothing about no one. "I trusted Jungkook because as far as i know, he's not a bastard like Yoongi sunbaenim. He also doesn't have a big obsession over his ex-girlfriend like Taehyung sunbaenim, because he has none."

I sighed. "But you know I don't like cold guys like him, right? You know I don't like guys with arrogant . I thought you knew me better than anyone"

"I know it, Haneul-ah." she sounds like she's begging now. "but, Jungkook is seriously not one. He's a warm-hearted guy when you know him, he asked me politely yesterday, he even chase after me when I didn't notice his presence"

Well that's new. I didn't expect him to even chase after Ha Ru and asked things politely. Yoongi didn't do the same, of course. 

"He's like day and night with Yoongi, you don't have to worry. You don't wanna die , do you?" she giggles.

"I'm not gonna him even if i ended up dating him anyway," i rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Oh so you're now planning to date him, huh?" She teased me as she tickles my side-belly.

"What?! No! It was if only!" i immediately rebutted her words. "but it'd be a lie if i said he's not attractice"

Just then, we both burst into laughter. 
Even if i do, I don't want to fall for him too quickly anyway.
—————
JUNGKOOK

"Oh my god, hyung! Believe me, will you?! I went to her place last night for pete's sake!" 

"Yah! How could you do that so easily?!" Yoongi hyung flicked my head in disbelief. "You're so delusional, Jungkookie. She's not that easy"

I sighed. Is it so hard for him to believe I've already entered Haneul's life slowly?! This hyung is so bullheaded. He expected that I'm gonna be a worse failure than him, i guess.

"Yeah whatever, hyung. Just wait and see," i stood up. 

"Yah, yah! Where are you going?" 

"To work my and get Haneul in my hands so you can believe my words," 
I walked to the door, "and good luck for your melody, hyung" 

After that, i went out from his studio. Yoongi hyung dedicated himself for music. His studio is somehow more like home for him than his real house. He's so obsessive-in a good way-to music, no wonder he gained plenty of money from music. 

Speaking of this Haneul girl, I'm planning on taking her out for lunch today. I don't know her favorite food yet, but i will eventually. I know things are working out well when i saw her eyes last night. She really can't hide that she's attracted to me, she's just being denial. But even though she's already attracted to me, It's a lie if i say she's easy to get. I need to work the off real hard to take her as mine. And i know it wouldn't be easy.

I entered my car and immediately unlocked my phone. Yes, I'm going to call this Haneul girl. Without hesitation, i pressed the dial button.

Kriiing.... kriiing...

Is she going to pick up?

Kriing....

If not, it will seriously hurts my pride.

Kr-

. She's picking up.

"Hi there," Oh damn why am i so nervous.

——————
HANEUL

"Hi there," the voice across the phone opened up. 

"What do you want" i asked in a manner that makes my question sounds more like a statement.

"Stop acting so cold, Haneul-ah. I'm dropping my man pride for you, are you not proud of me for that?" He giggles.

Did he just say my name casually?!
"I don't know you, Jungkook. Just stay away. We went out last night just so you don't enter my place. Don't get things wrong and jump to your conclusions." i said every words calmly, but coldly. Enough to make him feel intimidated, at least. "and don't call me like you are my best friend."

He laughed. It gets me on my nerves, why the hell is he laughing?!

"Don't be denial. You even saved my phone number." He sounds so flirty, but it doesn't work on me.

"I don't. You're the only stranger calling me, don't be so full of yourself, Mr. Cool and Famous"

"Oh now i understand," now he sounded pretty serious. "your problem is my fame, and how i behave, right?"

I sighed. This bastard is really an innocent bastard. "well, your arrogance, your self-centered issue, your toxic friends, and the list goes on." i throw out the whole problem of him. "then tell me why should I respond you?" i asked it in the manner of underestimating, i bet his pride is seriously irritated now. Eat that dropping your man pride.

"you hate me that much, huh?" he asked, i know he's holding back his anger behind his voice. " my friends are toxic and s, i know. but, I'm the most innocent of all. I don't and tell, I don't change girls like I'm changing clothes." now he sounded serious.

"which is why you have to notice me, sweetie" he added, he sounded so flirty as he emphasized the word have to, as if i have no choice but to notice him. As if i have no escape because of his affection. 

"You have no affection on me, Jungkook." i flatly stated the fact. "i just don't like guys like you,"

"I'm going to prove it, Haneul-ah. Let's say I'm going to get rid of my arrogance, let's say I'm going to behave well, and I'm not going to be an like my guys did." he paused. "what do you say?"

I froze. . Out of those manners of him, he's way too attractive. It's a lie if i said a handsome guy with good manners is not attractive. 

"No one's going to do that, especially you." i said monotonely. "it's impossible"

And then i hung up.

I seriously don't understand what this guy is thinking. I've been doing my stuff normally in the campus for two years. And then there comes the english literature class. Why do i have to meet him that day, tho? He's such a creep. Not an actual creep tho since i knew already that my best friend is the one provides him informations. But still, why is he so aggresive?

I have one more lecture in 5 minutes, and I'm already sick because of this . I seriously need my coffee again now, it heals everything. But, it's seriously impossible to walk to the coffee shop now. Ugh, i regret myself for not accepting the car my dad offers the last time. I thought living near the campus and coffeeshop is enough. Ah i wish i can get through the rest of the day. He's making me sick of everything.

——————
JUNGKOOK

I was so mad at her words on the phone just before this. She did spat the words to my ears! Self-centered, arrogance, famous and cool.

Why is she so damn savage?! 

I lost on my thought while driving on high speed. I lowered it a little as i taken back to the reality. I have to get myself together and do this. Is it so hard to change myself? I just have to behave well, respect people, and not being flirty to every girl, right? It's just a piece of cake, i know it will worth it. 

I. Have. To. Get. Her.

I'm turning obsessive over her right now, I'm really going to pay whatever it takes to make her mine.

I just realized, I am so lost without destination now. I'm driving on high speed with empty minds. I guess the best thing to do is to go meet Haneul and get lunch with her.

But where the hell is she?! I called her to make sure where she is but it ended up to be an intense conversation between me and her. 

I look down to my watch. It's 2.28PM. Why the hell is the sky so dark already? As if it's about to rain heavily. I don't really like rain, it seriously makes my brain stuck.

I tried to squeeze my brain off to think where she might be right now. But it doesn't work at all. Ah, Ha Ru!

I pulled over and get my phone from my dashboard. I called her bestfriend rightaway.

I thanked her as she gives Haneu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter