Final

Sparks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Song Hee-Jin is a bubbly bright girl on daily basis. She always energized and happy, she was workaholic due to ‘needs for money’. She lives alone, away from her family who lives in Jeju. Seoul was a big city still for her who is still trying to fits in. It's been almost a year for her but life still hard and she doesn’t want the family worry about her well-being in the far city. She’s a normal college student by day and cafe part timer by night. Her life is boring and exhausted but she determined to be success so her younger siblings will lives better than she did.

 

It all started on one day; This guy who is regular customer of her cafe. He always visit at 6PM straight. Ordering a cup of coffee and sit by the window at the corner. Although it's far, the place still have the best view to the counterㅡto Hee-Jin without being obvious, of course.

 

Kim Minseok, two year senior of her in the collegeㅡwas in another major than her, who has a big crush on her since long time ago. He is a quiet, shy boy. He loves to observe Hee-Jin from afar. He first saw her was at the college’s park. She was with her friends eating and talking. He was with his friends, doing their homework. He remember he can’t focus on whatever he did back then. He believe he just saw an angel that time. He smile ear to ears whenever he spotted her. He doesn’t meant to stalked her, just coincidentally he loves coffee too and the cafe near his dorm.

 

“Hey, It’s you again” Hee-Jin greeted displaying her sweetest smile, the smile that makes his heart beating like metallica drum beats. “What do want for today?” She continued to ask, her eyes drift back to desktop in front of her and began typing on its screen. Her hair was only tied half with the rest of it falling gracefully on her back. The big red ribbon was placed at the back of her head. Today she looks as amazing as usual, Min Seok thought. He snapped into reality when she poked his arm gently. “You daydream again, Min Seok-ssi” Her melodic voice sounds like music to his ears.

 

“Sorry, Hmm.. I’ll get a cappuccino and a muffin” He shyly replied with a smile, Hee-Jin laugh at his cuteness but continue her works. She hand him the round machine that will vibrate when his order finished with question looks. Min Seok will usually choose waiting by the counter and watching her doing his order and Hee Jin knows that too, but she still asked for the sake’s of regulations.

 

They used to know each other just by the name and a simple greetings whenever they saw each other. Hee-Jin must admit they grew closer. He was no longer a simply regular customer at the cafe. He is now her official project partner for the next 6 months. She wasn’t sure how it's happened but Min Seok shouldn’t have be in her class.

 

He said he failed the semester because of this specific subject they were in so he was there to repeat the class. She believed it.

 

“I only have time until 5.30 PM tho, It's that alright oppa?” Hee-Jin asked. He said it's felt distanced if she keep being formal with him, since then he decided she must called him, Oppa.

 

That day they supposed to work on the project they were assigned. Min Seok was the one gathering the material while Hee-Jin been busy by other classes. It was 3 PM when she finally freed from the college’s activity. Min Seok waiting her by the bench under the big tree that shelter him from the blazing sunlight.

 

Hee-Jin approached him with slightly guilty in her face. “Sorry, the lecturer take more time that he already had.”

 

Min Seok quickly stood up, shook his head and said it's okay. He kept repeated he was just arrived at the meeting point to make her less guilty whereas he was to excited on their first project outside college together that he was already waiting thirty minutes earlier. Guess for her, it was worth it. She worth it.

 

 

 

Hee-Jin now lives almost a year in the sleepless city and it almost been a five months she knows Kim Min Seok, the generous senior with the brightness smile ever she seen. First time she met him, she felt it by then, a tingling butterflies effects playing within her stomach.

 

It was sunny afternoon when she and her friends went to campus park to have a lunch together. She was still new student but luckily she made few friends quickly, they’re Dia and Sohee. Sohee was excitedly telling her stories when he glanced at the across the table a cute boy was caught staring at her, she quickly drifted back her focus to her new friend and continue their story.

 

Unable to resist her urges, she glanced once again towards that boyㅡhe no longer stared at her or she thought so.

 

As she found a part-time job to help her finance little bit more. She learned that he is regular customer of that place. Every time while working she spotted him stopped by for a coffee, definitely make her diligently work.

 

Hee-Jin never been happier when she knows he joining one of her class for the whole semester.

 

 

 

Hee-Jin giggling over the phone when Min Seok asked if she would like to come to his brother celebration of graduation party. Obviously she would say yes to him, does she even have to think? No. Min Seok try hard to seal his lips together to cover his shriek when he got Hee-Jin agreed to come. He thought he never been so happy after he won first at the singing contest.

 

“Yasss!” He exclaimed. As soon as he turn off his phone he jump up the creaky bunky bed and shout of his happiness as if it was trampoline. His roommate threw him shampoo bottle from inside the bathroom to shut him down.

 

“Ouch” He whine when the half-filled shampoo hit his head. His head bounce backward from the force the bottle hold, he fall to the bed.

 

“Seriously half-filled?” He shout back, do not accept how he had be treated just now but instead of reply he get, that person instead turn on the shower and fill the silence room with flowing water. Min Seok click his tongue but in split second his mood goes back brighter as he smile.

 

He rest on the bed with both of his hands sustain his head from behind.

 

He can’t wait the very next day to come already.

 

 

 

 

Knock. Knock.

 

He knock on her dorm’s door to pick her up. That day he dressed well as he can to impress her. As waiting for her to open the door he touch his hair to make sure it’s still perfect. It’s not even date, it not even the first time they going to go out. But maybe because he always excited when it’s come to Hee-Jin. His heart flutter like always.

 

The door opened. Hee-Jin flashed her smile at him as she open the door wider, “Oh! You already here!” She said a little flustered at his visit. He came way earlier than she imagined. Hee-Jin scratched her head and gave him little awkward smile at the door frame.

 

“Uhmm, I haven't dress-up, would you like to get in and wait a bit? I’ll be quick” She offering quiet unsure, not that she can just leave him to wait outside her door. That’s rude. But then, it's just as rude to invite a guest into crazy mess room of hers.

 

Oh well, I have no choice, she thought.

 

She open the door wider and move herself so he can get it. She lead him in as busily grabbed anything her hand can reached and dump it under her bed next they arrived at the middle of the room.

 

“Sorry messy, I got no time to cleaning. I just recently moved in” She tell honestly but the half mess was contribution of the clothes she busy picking to wear that night. Hee-Jin eyes widen when she saw her pink polkadot bra lying freely right behind of his shoes, she must missed it when she dumped it.

 

“OH! Would you like to having tour of my room?” Randomly she asked pushing his body forward as she get behind him. Min Seok got flustered at the sudden skinship and gently walk forwards. Hee-Jin use her feet like pro athlete and kick the bra back to the place it belong.

 

Min Seok cleans his throat as she keeps on pushing him towards the... wall.

 

What's wrong with her? he thought raising his eyebrow.

 

“Hee-Jin, didn’t you said you want to get ready?” He stop on his step and turn around. Hee-Jin that didn’t expected his sudden move, she startled her as she unconsciously fall back and as if time were slowed like those everyone must’ve once seen in movie or drama. He caught her gently like one of the romantic waltz moves.

 

“Are you alright?” He asked with worried looks in his eyes. The eyes that melt her heart everytime she sees.

 

Without she even realised she shuttered, “Ye-es”. Although she wished she could stay longer in that position with him, she has to get herself together or else her crazy beating heart will explode. “Sorry, I was startled.”

 

He shook his head to her and let out a small laughed. “I was the one that wrong, I’m the one should be apologizing” Unlike the words he muttered, he seems happy.

Hee-Jin smile bashfully, she shouldn’t but she can't control her body. “Ah right! I gotta change” She exclaimed to changed the topic and grabbed one of the dresses hang by the closet’s door.

 

“You can sit..” Her words trailed as her face began to examine her tiny room before open again to say, “Anywhere you like.” With that she leaves into the tinier room in her tiny room;

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter