Public Event

Under Cover - Myungsoo

Feeling his hand release from yours, you bowed to him once more before heading down towards the stage to meet up with the boys. Grabbing your bag from one of the other coordi noonas for the company, you lifted it up onto your shoulder before you headed out with Infinite. Filing down the hall with the boys, you carefully looked around, seeing all of the security around as your face began to get painted over with worry.

“Hey” A soft voice whispered as something gently bumped your arm, “Everything okay?”

Turning your head, you saw Myungsoo standing next to you, his kind eyes sweetly scanning yours as your worried eyes began to look around at anything but his eyes.

“Don’t worry, this is normal for us, you shouldn’t be worried about traveling” Myungsoo tried to reassure you, unsure of the reason behind your emotions. Nodding your head, you kept your eyes on security making sure they didn’t do anything out of the ordinary or out of their job description.

Passing through security, you exited the building as Woohyun took your bag and tossed it in the back with the others. Grabbing your backpack, you brought that inside with you as you chose your spot by the window in the middle row.

Pulling the seat belt over yourself, you watched as the members filed into the van, Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong sat in the back seat, while Myungsoo, Woohyun and you fit into the middle seat. With Sunggyu driving and Sungyeol as co-pilot the group set out on their night drive.

Chatter filled the cab while the van moved around the streets of Seoul. Time passed as the chatter turned to whispers as the members slid headphones into their ears while their bodies slowly slouched. Leaning against one another, their eyes closed allowing their bodies to relax into a sweet sleep. Placing your headphones in your ears, you played your music hearing the cab quiet, only filled with soft breathing and an occasional snore from the members.

Shifting slightly with each curve of the road, you glanced around the darkened cab of the van. Headphones hung in each of their ears while their exhausted bodies hung over against each other or the windows. Pulling out your laptop, the light from the screen slightly lit up your face while your fingers typed in the password. Granting access, you continued to type and figure out who this man is that would want to hurt the men around you.

Scanning your eyes around the cab, making sure that everyone around you was fast asleep as you entered into the agency’s data base. Looking up the men and going over their files, you watched some videos on their previous crimes. Gathering more information to your superior, you sent it to him along with your itinerary, seeking guidance for tomorrow’s event you chatted with him online.

Getting a plan together, you began to compile evidence and your knowledge that was kept confidential in your mind. Closing the lid of your laptop, you slipped your laptop back into your backpack before you skipped a few songs that were playing in your headphones. Resting your arm on the ledge of the window, you cradled your head in the palm of your hand as your eyes slowly started to close.

Feeling something lean against your shoulder, you turned your head slowly and looked down at the mop of black hair that was covering your shoulder. Knowing that Myungsoo was sitting next to you, you tried to move your shoulder to see if he would lift up or adjust his sleeping position.

A soft hum slipped from his lips while he adjusted to your arms movement before snuggling up closer to you, wrapping his arms around yours, he brought himself closer to you. Watching Myungsoo relax against you, your heart began to soften before scanning the cab of the van once more. Finding all eyes closed except Sunggyu’s, who was driving, lifting your hand slightly, you hesitantly began to move your hand closer to Myungsoo’s head.

Pausing right above the sea of his beautiful ebony hair, you bit your lip slightly before taking a chance and running your fingers through his soft hair. A kindness slowly swept over you as you felt his grip tighten around your arm, his head leaned into your touch as you leaned against the door and rested your head against the window.

Running your fingers slowly through his hair, you twirled little sections of his hair around your fingers loosely as you watched him relax more and more into the warm comfort of your arms.

Sliding your eyes closed, you drifted off to sleep before the stopping of the van woke you to the bright lights under the overhang of the hotel. Waking up the guys afterwards, they shuffled out of the van in their half zombie sleeping state. Dragging their bags behind them they moseyed up to their rooms and you followed behind them, making sure that they got into their rooms, you pulled out your key card to your room.

Entering the card into the door handle, you pushed open the now unlocked door before you entered into the dark room. Seeing the neatly kept room, you placed your bags on the foot of the bed before ping your bag and pulling out your night clothes. Shuffling into the bathroom, you changed and combed through your hair before braiding it over one of your shoulders. Exiting the bathroom, a soft knock came from your front door. B lining over to the door, you opened it slightly to poke your head out and see who was there.

“Yiah?…” Sungyeol stood nervously outside of your door.

“What’s wrong Sungyeol?” You questioned, opening the door slightly wider.

“C-Can I come in?” Sungyeol stammered, wondering if he could speak to you for a moment.

“Of course” Pulling the door open, he stepped inside before you closed the door behind you.

Sungyeol entered as you closed the door behind him, walking over to your bed, you pulled your duffel bag off of the bed as you sat on the bed while watching Sungyeol place his hands on his hips.

“I’m worried” Sungyeol whispered as he placed the collar of his t shirt between his teeth as he kept his eyes down and slightly paced back and forth across your floor.

“What are you worried for?” You probed, tucking one leg underneath your other leg.

“I think something is going to happen…” Sungyeol continued to pace

“Like what?” You sat up a little taller watching and reading his body language.

“I don’t know… I just have this feeling in my gut…” Sungyeol confessed quietly, “A… a feeling like something is going to happen tomorrow…”

“Don’t worry, everything will go as planned, girls will love you, you will hit all of your marks, you won’t fall and everyone will love you.” You tried to reassure him as an unsettling feeling began to churn your stomach.

“You sure?” Sungyeol’s eyes lifted to yours while his gaze showed his doubts and nerves for the next day.

“Positive” You nodded your head, trying to place a sweet gaze in your eyes to reassure Sungyeol that everything would be okay.

Watching him nod his head, you stood up and moved next to him. “We should probably get you back to your room so you can rest up for tomorrow?”

“O-Okay, but… but if there is something wrong tomorrow…” Sungyeol walked a few steps before he turned his head to capture those reassuring eyes of yours, once more.

“Then I will take care of it and protect you, besides there are many hidden eyes that you don’t know about. They are all looking out for you and your safety.” You rubbed your hand along his back as it seemed to work for the moment. Slowly walking him towards the door, you opened your door for him.

“Thank you Yiah… I needed that…” Sungyeol turned around once he was just outside your door.

“Anytime Yeolie” You smiled calling him by a nickname, watching his smile pull back his lips, his head dropped as he turned away from you with a light wave to bid you goodnight.

Continuing to watch him cross the hall, he slipped his key card into the door handle before twisting the handle and stepping inside. Making sure that he closed the door first, you then closed yours before making your way to your bed. Tucking your legs underneath your covers, you pulled the fluffy duvet over top of you. Flicking off the light, you allowed your head to relax into the pillows before closing your eyes and letting sleep carry you through the night.

A blaring chime echoed through your room, startling you awake at the time it was programmed to. Pulling over your phone, you silenced the alarm before seeing all of the messages piled up on your phone. Thumbing through them, you read and replied to the most important first, getting through the list, you sat up in your bed. Sliding off the bed, you grabbed your clothes to change into, making your way to the bathroom, you placed your clothes on the counter before stepping into a warm shower before you started your day.

Dressing yourself in a white tank top, you tucked in the hem of your tank top beneath the black leather pants that gripped your legs comfortably tight. Pulling on a black leather jacket over top of your tank top, you lifted your crimped hair from the collar.

Twisting yourself in front of the mirror, you made sure that you could move and that you were all suited up with a few weapons on you, just in case. Packing everything up, you grabbed your bags and stepped out of the hotel room to see Infinite filing out of the other three rooms.

“Let’s go cuties” You told them, hearing your words they froze, blinking their eyes Hoya was the first one to break out into laughed, followed soon after by Dongwoo.

The other members followed suit laughing as the eight of you headed down the hall, down the stairs and out of the lobby to the black van that was waiting to transport all of you to the event. Splitting into two vans, you were in the second one as another security guard was in the first with the other members.

Placing an ear piece in your ear, from your agency, you clipped the microphone to the back of your watch as you tested it while in the van. Making sure the area was secure before you arrived, the two black vans pulled up between the crowds of girls holding signs, chanting and yelling for their favorite members.

Exiting, you stood next to the door making sure that Infinite got off the vans in safety as other security guards were there as Infinite took a moment to sign autographs and take some pictures with the fans waiting outside their event.

Hearing some commotion through your earpiece, you pressed it into your ear to hear it better.

“We have a shooter on building four”