Dig Deeper

Under Cover - Myungsoo

Seeing a few messages from your agency, you read up on the newly found information as you grabbed some papers to go make a few copies. Knowing that the copy room was right next to the large conference room, you headed down to see if the security guards were still in the meeting. Thumbing through the pile of papers between your arms, you glanced up and over at the slightly opened blinds as you passed by the large windows of the conference room.

Noticing the same men inside, you slowed your pace and then gently turned into the copy room. With a few other people inside waiting for their turn on the office machines, you bowed and stepped back a step or two as you leaned against the door frame. Undoing a little compartment on your phone, you stuck it in the corner and against the glass of the conference room. Checking your phone, you recorded it and watched as they talked within the room.

Watching as each person took their turn at the machine, it was soon your turn at the copying machine. Placing a paper in the copier, you began to press a few buttons on the machine as you drew out the time to see if they would exit the room soon. After playing around with it, another person walked into the room.

Bowing to them, you gathered your papers and began to walk out, however, you purposely bumped into them as you threw your papers up into the air. The man dropped down to his knees seeing you on the floor.

“I am so sorry” The man apologized as the two of you began to gather up your scattered papers.

Just then you heard the conference door open as the men’s voices flood the hallway. Words of thanks and gratitude was exchanged, lifting your head, you thanked the knd man for helping you pick up your mess of papers. Walking to the door, your eyes caught the two men that you had a hunch on.

The older man, looked over his shoulder as a dark gleam brimmed his eyes, his smile faded as he pulled his tie undone slightly before letting his gaze linger before turning his head straight again. The younger man then caught a glimpse of you as he turned his head around. Taking a step out into the hall, you began to follow them to drop a few papers off at the front desk.

“Mr. Kyun” The head of security called as the elderly man stopped and turned around.

“I just wanted to thank you for your offer, you will be getting a call from our office.” The head of security offered his hand to the older suspect.

“Thank you for your consideration, we will do our best on the job at hand” The older suspect slid his hand into the outstretched hand before shaking and sealing the deal.

Watching from the desk, you handed over your papers to the front desk before the men split and glanced at you once more before leaning over to one another.

“Prepare as usual” The elderly suspect whispered to the younger one as a single nod was given from the younger one.

Watching them head out of the building, they slid into their car as they couldn’t help but give you one last look before pulling out from the overhang. Turning to the receptionist, you thanked her kindly before dialing a number to your agency and heading down to where Infinite was practicing. Informing that you were going to send them some files, you began to transfer over the phone as you made your way through the back of the basement stage and down the aisle to where the manager was resting.

“Sir, may I talk to you, it is something urgent” You whispered to him as the crew adjusted a few things on the stage for the performance.

“What is this about Yiah?” The manager had you sit next to him

“I believe there is a plot to assassinate idols at Woollim” You whispered, “Namely Infinite”

“WHAT?!” The manager boomed, causing everyone’s eyes to focus in on you and the manager, “What?” The manager whispered quieter, just to you this time around.

“Look at this, sir” You whispered as you pulled out your phone, showing him the evidence of the car that you had gotten from Myungsoo and from the car that was sitting underneath the overhang. “I had the same car parked outside of my place as well. This isn’t an ordinary hit men, they have the security in on it too and I have a hunch that they are going to be at the event the day after tomorrow.”

“Don’t worry, you will be traveling out with Infinite tonight, then stay with them at the hotel, then the event won’t be any problem” The manager tried to reassure you while the look in his eyes told you differently, the look telling you that the boys are in your hands.

“Thank you, sir” You told him, nodding to both requests simultaneously.

“That’s enough for tonight, you guys get cleaned up and loaded up, we will see you tomorrow for a dress rehearsal.” The manager announced to everyone.

Standing to your feet, you watched as the exhausted members pick themselves up from the cool floor of the stage and began to head backstage to gather their things for the ride.

“Don’t leave their side and if anything, anything, comes up I trust you to do whatever is necessary to keep the members safe” The manager stared into your eyes, placing all of his trust and the security of the seven idols in your hands.

“I will do my best, sir” You gave him your full confidence as he nodded and placed his hand over yours.

“You best be getting your things and meeting the boys” The manager patted your hand sweetly, “I will contact you tonight to see if there is anything more that you need. Please contact me upon arrival to the hotel.”

“I will, don’t you worry” You bowed in respect to him before the two of you rose to your feet.