Miss Teacher (Jiyong POV)

1000 DAYS

As I pulled apart from Soojin's lips, I could see her trembling, but she did not say a word. She simply picked up her clanging pieces of metal and opened the door of her enormous house. Did I really not affect her at all? It seemed as if I did not once she spoke. "Let's go to my room and study." she told me, as if she'd forgotten what had just happened mere moments ago. "You wanted me to teach you Korean characters, right?"

I felt my head fall low. She really knew how to make a man's love feel insignificant. "Yes." I said, shoulders slumped.

Once we entered Soojin's room, she walked right to her desk and got out paper from a small compartment. I walked in slowly and shut the room door. "What are you doing?!" I heard Soojin squeak.

"I am just shutting the door. So we are not disturbed. Why?"

Soojin's face was pale. She gulped before she spoke again. "We don't need the door closed. My brother and cousin won't be home for a while, so it's okay."

Was that her excuse as to not be locked in a room alone with me or did she really mean what she said? Rather than ask her about it, I sat down and watched as she began to write Korean characters on the paper. As she wrote each character, she pronounced them. In just minutes, I had already mastered all the characters, being that there were very few. Soojin now asked me to write each letter down and then asked me to spell out words based on my knowledge. Rather than write the words Soojin was saying, I wrote something else. Instead of "I like to eat bulgogi," I wrote "I really wish that Soojin and I could get to know each other better. She is so beautiful and kindhearted. I hope one day we may even be lovers."

"What?" I heard coming from Soojin. I turned to face her. "This isn't what I told you to write."

"I know. I am sorry." I told her.

She sighed. "It's fine. But the word 'lovers' sounds a bit weird. I know what it means, but it can be taken more than one way. Can't you just say Boyfriend and Girlfriend? Or a couple?"

"Then it doesn't bother you that I wish that?" I asked, eyes widened. Soojin's face turned a soft pink color. "Please tell me."

"I..." she began. It seemed she was struggling for the right words to say, but she continued. "I am... interested... I'm interested in you, okay? But I can't do this now. I can't date a gumiho. And I can't date a guy I have just met."

"This is why you said we should get to know each other. We can do this. We can start now."

Soojin stared at me but nodded slowly after a moment. "Okay. Tell me about yourself."

"I'd rather learn about you. My past is rather unpleasant." I admitted.

"Alright. I'll start." she said, sighing. She then began telling me about her life. She was 22 years old and a college drop-out whom studied art and art history. She told me everything down from her past to her present and hopes for the future as well as her likes and dislikes. It was quite interesting to hear. I listened caredully to all she said, and especially as she explained the story of her and that ex-boyfriend of hers, as well as the death of her parents. I could see that as Soojin spoke of her parents, her eyes dimmed. She stopped looking me in the eyes and stared at her hands, and soon I could see droplets of water falling from her face and onto her hands. Tears. Small puddles of Soojin's tears formed on the back of her hands that were formed into tight fists. I could feel my heart sink into my chest. I knew Soojin's pain all too well, losing the woman I'd loved just as she'd lost her beloved parents.

I reached out and grabbed Soojin's hands, wiping off the puddles of tears with my thumbs, then brought up her face by her chin and wiped the rivers flowing from her eyes. "I am sorry for your loss."

Soojin's eyes sparkled with her tears as she stared into my eyes once again. I suppose it was my turn to embrace her as she did me when I was upset after almost harming her, and so I placed my hands on the back of her head and pulled her into my chest. The beautiful girl stayed still. I can only imagine that her face was showing a shocked expression. For minutes upon minutes, we sat there. Us two in an embrace. I could feel my heart beating quite heavily. I only hoped she couldn't hear it, but I knew she could. At least, she spoke, breaking apart from me. "Why don't you tell me about yourself now?"

Sighing, I nodded and began my tale. I told her in detail the story of how I fell in love all the way up to the tragic ending. No tears escaped my eyes, but I had a hollow feeling in my stomach and heart. "Hyesun was the love of my life. But she's gone. She has been gone for almost one thousand years. At first I tried to find a way to become human again, but after 300 years, I gave up and accepted my fate. I spent 700 years becoming a wild fox, and without realizing the time that passed by, I became a Gumiho."

"I'm sorry." Soojin frowned. "That story sounds like something from the movies. A fairytale. But it's so sad."

"It is okay." I said simply, unsure of what I could say. I was sure she felt the same way. However, she did not need to say anything. I felt comfort just being near her. "Is today's lesson over?" I asked suddenly, feeling awkward. Soojin blushed and nodded.

"Yes, I think that's enough for today. Tomorrow I will take you to work and show you history through art."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone!

I am currently reviewing these past 5 chapters for the final time before uploading a new chapter. :) Hopefully I will be able to put up chapter 6 up before Friday, this week!