Chapter 2 - Virus

GLITCH

Monday 20th February 2020

'Beep beep beep'
That's the first sound that he is forced to listen to everyday. The sound of a damn alarm going off, signalling that it is time to leave the comfortable fortress that is the male's bed, and face the world.
This boys name is Oh Sehun, he's currently nineteen years old and studying computer science/programming in college.
Exciting right?
Well he doesn't think so.

He forces himself to wake up and eventually sit up, blonde hair sticking up in all sorts of random directions. 
"Here we go again." A deep sigh leaves Sehun as he swings his long legs over the sides of his bed and forces himself to stand.

It's Monday, which means his week is just beginning. 
Mondays are possibly the worst days for the young student. Not only does he have to get up after enjoying a nice, relaxing and refreshing weekend, but he has to make himself look presentable. On top of all that, he has to remember to bring the correct equipment and books for the day. 
For most people, these seem like normal tasks, but for Sehun doing these things may as well be the end of the world for him. 

Once the nineteen year old is washed, dressed and fed he heads out. Doing his, almost, daily college commute. Oh, how he wishes he didn't have to see this walk way ever again.

This isn't the life style that Sehun wanted. He never wanted to go into computer programming or anything of the sort! In fact, his biggest dream was to become a dancer, dance being something that he has had a passion in for as long as he can remember. 
Unfortunately, his father had other plans for him. Seeing nothing in a career as a dancer, his dad forced him into studying, what is now the biggest business.
Technology. 

Most people would have fought for what they enjoy doing, and Sehun was no different. For months on end, he would be in heated arguments with his father, always trying to get his point across. However, those ended two years ago, and now here he is, completing the long boring walk to the college campus. 

With a swipe of his student card, Sehun is let into the college, letting the large iron gates swing closed as he walks up the small drive way that connects to the front entrance of the building. 

Even though Sehun does not want to be here, and makes that perfectly clear, he is /very/ popular. Popularity is never something that he wanted, but somehow he managed to achieve it without even trying. 
He puts it down to his good looks and funny nature. 
He would trade his popularity here, for a dance career in a heartbeat. 

"Yah! Oh Sehun~!" 
Ah, the first person of the day. 
With a soft sigh and a forced smile, the tall boy turns around to be met with the face of none other, but Byun Baekhyun, one of his closest friends.
How he came to meet Baek, he can't quite remember. He knows that one of his other friends introduced him to Baekhyun, but due to his short attention span, he simply can't remember. 

"You're way to happy for a Monday morning." 
Sehun grumbles, tilting his head to one side as he looks down at the, currently black haired, boy. 

"And you're way too grumpy to even exist, yet again." 
Baekhyun bites back with a roll of his dark eyes, shaking his head in the process. 
This is a common thing for the two to talk about in the mornings, as Sehun is constantly grumpy due to a condition that he has called, 'I am not a morning person-itis' (Baekhyun came up with the condition)

"You know that I do-"
"Don't want to be here? Yes I know. You remind nearly everyone on a daily basis that you do not want to be here. You want to be dancing with the fairies, we know Sehun!"
A soft chuckle leaves the slightly older male's lips as he shakes his head. After all, he has heard Sehun complain about the whole thing for the last year or so. 

"Oh shut up--"

------------------------------------------------------

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, take your seats!"
The lecturer shouts from his desk, signalling the first class of the day to take their assigned seats.
Sehun has never understood why he addresses them as 'ladies and gentlemen', there is only one girl in this class, so surely it would make more sense to address them as, 'Lady and gentlemen'. Of course it isn't an important difference, but it is something that has always annoyed the other. 

Programming. 
That's his first lesson of the week. A lesson that he doesn't really mind . . . but then again it is not dancing. 

"Okay class--"
Cue the groaning from a bunch of tired young adults, 
"You should all know what you are doing by now. Working on your final projects for this term. You all know that the classes you are taking are linking up, therefore you are working on the same item throughout all of your classes. Please work on some of the coding and programming for your tech piece. You have the rest of this hour."

Even though what the teacher said made perfect sense, all Sehun heard was 'blah blah blah'.
They have been working on these projects for about ten weeks now, and Sehun is sick of it. 
He doesn't want to look at his damn tablet again!

Sehun, is designing a tablet. It may look like any ordinary piece of technology, maybe even from back in 2015, but it is very different.
This tablet allows the user to create holograms, which will then materialise into real objects right before their eyes. 
It's like the old 3D-Printers that every school used to have, but faster and portable. 

Even though he hates his class, he is proud of what he is making,  plus if his idea is really good, a big business may want to buy it for /a lot/ of money. And money means more freedom for the wannabe dancer. 

Once he has connected his product to the computer and accessed all of the hardware files, he gets to work. 
So far everything has been going well, he hasn't come across too many problems. Sure he has had a few glitches here and there, but at least his device hasn't exploded like Namjoon's did.
Ah that was a funny day, the whole campus had to be evacuated due to the risk of a fire or another explosion.
That'll teach anyone not to mess with the battery life of things.

Five minutes into coding, Sehun notices that something isn't quite right. Well, everyone does. 
Every so often, their screens will black out, causing everyone to panic at the thought of their work being lost. Luckily, the screen boots back up every so often, but little bits of data have been tampered with. 
This continues to happen every five minutes, however each time it happens it occurs to two less computers. It's as if something is checking for a piece of data. 

"Class, I am sure it's just the security software running a few scans for a virus, please calm down!"

---------------------

It's now two minutes before the class must end, and the so called 'security' is still at it, however now it is only Sehun's computer that is left. 
Unlike the other's once it has happened, both his computer and his tablet's screen turn red before they both shut off. 
With an annoyed groan, the young boy pushes away from his desk in order to stand, to only fiddle with a few of the wires at the back of his system, in the hopes that it will turn back on. 

'Brrrrriiinnnng'
"Oh I really do hate alarms!" Sehen yells, nearly dropping his tablet due to how angry he has become.
He had worked hard during that lesson, and now all of his progress has been snatched right out of his hand!
"For fu--"
"Oh Sehun! Come and see me now." 
Sehun's curses are cut off by the teacher's voice, calling him over for God knows what.

Once he has packed most of his items away, he drags himself over to the lecturer, just to try and amuse himself with whatever the other wants, 

"I understand that you were having some troubles towards the end there. I contacted our server room and apparently they found a virus connected to your account. They had to terminate it, which consequently lost your work."

"I understand--" But in truth Sehun doesn't. He doesn't see why this is still a problem! Surely they have found a way to kill viruses before they even attach themselves to a computer by now.

"Feel free to take your project home. You're doing extremely well on it and it would be a shame to see an hours work go to waste. As long as you bring it back tomorrow, it can be our little secret." 
With a kind smile and a pat on the back, Sehun is sent away and back out into the corridor of students. 

In a way, Sehun is thankful that he gets to take it home. He does enjoy working on it, and it does keep his mind away from other things.
He'll just have to work on it after dance practice.