two

three brides for three brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-  Ssaum-eul jungji, Geuman! Sheathe your sword Su Jin...

Su Jin looked briefly at Madam Jeong, the person that had spoken to her, but she rapidly turned her focus to her opponent(s), she didn't budge, not even for a second she let down her guard or lowered her blade...

She kept her focus o the three men that came out of nowhere ready to attak her and her friend, for no apparent reason, but as she learned for experience, there's no such a thing as randomness, she knew better than that, so no way she was going to let her guard down...

The unspoken tension between them was disrupted  by the arrival of the clueless Yoo Jung...

Everything happened so fast that it could be just an  illusion, but at that moment madam Jeong «jumped» and put herself infront of her «son» and for the first time Su Jin saw something beyond her always composed self, she looked  terrified, not for her, but, for Yoo Jung, but it could only be an illusion, because if there was a thing noone would think looking at madam Jeong was that she was a tiger trying to  protect her cub, she'd most likely be hidden her out of embarrassment...

- What's the problem master Seunhyung ?! - she asked

« Seunhyung ?!», Su Jin knew about him, better say, she had heard about his reputation, every single person in the capital must have,and if it was him, he did not pose any imminent threat, for all she knew, he was just some merrymaker, he must had been drinking with his friends, as always, and wanted to make trouble after they had a little too much to drink, as usual...

Su Jin girded her sword and finally took time to truly understand the predicament she was in.

 

Su Jin

How do you know exactly which is the moment that defines a person's existence?

Some people say it's the moment  when you lose someone that you love, for me that would be, eight years ago when I suddenly lost my whole family...

Others say it's the moment you lose your own self, then it would be the moment  I went from being the beloved daughter to become a soulless body with the sole purpose of avenging my family and my father's honor...

But for most of people, the key moment in one's life, is the moment you let someone enter your life, when you begin to value someone else live, and for me, that was 4 years ago,  that hot August afternoon when I met this girl, and she reached out her hand to me, for far more mundane and simple reason she was also disguised as a man...


4 years before

I am a jinxed, marked person

My parents always teached me to not  believe or care when the people close to us would look at me with distrust or the kids were scared of getting close to me,  our family  astrologists said I was born under the unlucky star, and until tragedy and disgrace hit my family, I never believed that...

Now I am just a wounded animal,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter