one

three brides for three brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gyeongbok Palace, Hanseong ( modern day Seoul) , November 1396

Jisoo walked into the palace garden, as he moved towards the sight of the man  standing alone staring off into the distance, he couldn't help but thinking, that he looked  imposing, but Jisoo knew that he was uncomfortable in the formal attire, his older brother felt more comfortable on the battlefield or  horsebacking in the northern meadows, their home,  than at the court.

Yi Joon didn't change his stoic expression when he felt his brother stopping beside him.

For a short while, the two brothers, stood silent, contemplating the nothingness, maybe one day the palace would turn into something fantastic, at that moment it was just a confusing and unfinished work, something akin to the political situation of the new kingdom, Jisoo thought.

 

"You're really going to marry to an unknown woman?"  Jisoo asked lightly

" I do not want to get married, much less, to an unknown woman, but even if he did not say it in words, it was an order, he had already decided, neither side will be able to deny - Joon said with cold indifference.

"Why did he decide to come up with this unconcealed attempt to control us now?"

" He must be feeling the instability of the moment, he is already divided between Prince Jeong-an and Jeong Do-jeon...

" He must be, the prince has been having a lot of supporters lately"

" It's unfortunated for the prince, but the truth is that the king is tottaly  under the prime minister control

" And forced you into a senseless marriage is a way from him to keep a last shred of control"

" You've heard of this man, before?"

"  All I know, he is a Ministry of Rites, an influential scholar, he denied the left minister position, to keep teaching"

" And his family, the so called perfect bride?"

" I didn't had time  to run a background check on her yet"

" It's all right,  I will see for myself"

" I was already expecting you to do it, I am prepared for an undercover investigation - suddenly he changed the subject, and tone - what did Yi Bang-Gan, I mean Grand Prince Hwoean wanted?" - he asked  concerned

" He wanted me to look someone for him" Jisoo answered nonchalantly

" We're not mercenaries, let alone bounty hunters, what now, they thinking we are their dog, sending us up and down" Joon said coldly.

"I explained to him that that is not part of my job." Joon imagined his brother's type of explanation, it must have been something  sharp, short and thick.

" You did well, I prefer not to have private affairs with any of them, others might think we are choosing side"

" Precisely my thought,  did you do what I asked you?" Joon looked at his brother, Jisoo nodded his head.

 " Basically what you were thinking, he already sent his henchman to follow us while we are at the city "

" That idiot thinks that if he finds the lost princess and marry her he will have the support from Liaodong "

"Did our father say where he hid them?"

" No - Joon was categorical, with a sigh he looked at his brother - neither about that person, if you think I know something, I do not know nothing"

" I know, that's why I never asked, my ideia, is that when the elders planned the princess and her daughter escape, they took her with them, at least it is what I hoped for all this years" 

" It would be too obvious, I am certain  of this, they  were two separate acts, we shall talk about this later, did you warned Seuhyung that we are in the capital? "

" I sent a him a note to warn him "

"What did he say?"

" He said he will be waitig for us at the... "

" I do not have the patience or humor to go to the entertainment dens  he attends "

" You  never are, your brothers know you, he said he knows  a discreet tavern i the outskirt of the city, on the way we can stop of by  the Ministry of Rites house"

" Good, let's leave" 

The brothers continued to walk side by side in silence, then jisoo, let out a chuckle, Joon looked at him bluntly 

"You need to talk to him, his servant, keeps complaining, he wrote me complaining that he can not live with our brother, that he is more and more fearful and has a bloodthirsty genius. The poor guy cried that every step he feels threatened, our brother  lives with the most famous troublemakers of the academy, drinks and run the streets at night insulting and provoking  fights, he had the nerve to say , that he wished his young master problems were only his love for loosen and  ill-repute women

"At least he is doing well at school, he already had his exams done and approved," Joon said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter