final

You Know (Dear Facts)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You Know (Dear Facts) ; final

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun always loves himself more than his family members, peers or friends (sometimes). His reasoning was simple, his lucky stars adorned him. That’s why he always appreciated his good lucks. He never encountered misfortune in his life, never. He was very proud of it. Never much he felt grateful to someone in his life, he was sure that nothing will be normal again. He was lucky Hera became his dark knight.

Baekhyun sure he won’t survived, but even a little of luck was still with him. He still hoped it was due his youth was about to end at any moment – wishing justice will prevail by any means.

Baekhyun eyes stared into the dark ceiling. The murkiness was engulfing him. It had been a few minutes since he regained his consciousness. On the other hand, he couldn’t bring himself to move. He wanted to, but couldn’t.

Never in his life, he felt intimidated by anything. Good fortune usually siding with him – that’s why he loves stars. It was in order to acknowledge of his lucky stars.

He recollected, he almost being hit by cars a few times in his life, but was saved. He was sure in elementary, he screwed up his Mathematic test because answering the paper for fifteen minutes was impossible. It was thanks to the late night news he wanted to watch made him sleepy. The week after, he was surprised his Mathematic was above 80.

In middle school, he bumped into a street gang leader. Challenging Baekhyun to fight with his gang alone was very unfair. But, he could get out from it without a scratch. He didn’t even lift a finger. He surmised that the street gang was filled with idiots. They lunged forward at him with five person, however, Baekhyun immediately avoided the fist for him and ducked. The real fight began after that. He sneaked out form the group and hurriedly went away.

He never tried to befriend anyone in particular. He was just aloof, as they said. He knew it will bring trouble if he continued being alone but he loves being alone. They couldn’t keep up with him, his mind whispered. Baekhyun almost laughed loudly when he saw his grades was way too good from students in his grades. He was the first.

But, that change when he first met him. 

Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, do you know that dolphin can sleep with one eyes open?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. What’s wrong with his table mate this year? He groaned inwardly. High school can be very unreasonable. To be seating beside a chatterbox, that’s totally not Baekhyun type of human he expected himself to befriend. He pretty much in the middle because he like noise and sometimes didn’t. To the point, he wanted to beat the person who talks too much to death when he didn’t like it.

No one can force him to open his mouth and talk when he didn’t favor it. They knew how to stay away from Baekhyun in middle school. However, the guy beside him was not the one in his middle school.

It had been three days since the school opening. Baekhyun felt he didn’t even find peace in this school. Everything was too weird. Maybe because he chose a high school that was different from his other schoolmates. No one backed away from him on day one. Yet, they gave up on day two and day three because Baekhyun gave them cold shoulder.

But, this person beside him didn’t even know the meaning of “giving up” and he hated that kind of person even more.

He was lucky that the teacher in charge entered the classroom. It stopped the guy from talking.

It was halfway through the lesson Baekhyun yawned. He rubbed his eyes. It was his fault to read one novel for a day. On 2.45 am he finished the novel.

“Psst…” his seatmate whispered. Baekhyun glared at the guy. He was grinning and his eyes were to bright in Baekhyun’s preference.

“Hey, do you know the harder you concentrate on falling asleep, the less likely to fall asleep.”

Baekhyun sighed. “That backwards, idiot and I’m not that sleepy.” He mumbled. Eyes locked on the whiteboard and tried to copy the notes as fast as possible. He knew his writing look like some scratch and doodle.

“Whoa, that awesome!” He commented when he saw Baekhyun’s writing. His hand didn’t move because he was too focused on Baekhyun. Baekhyun scowl was clear on his face. He didn’t look please with the-chatterbox-guy-beside-him-that-he-don’t-even-know-his-name-and-spatting-a-do-you-know-fact. Gosh, he wanted to choke him so badly. “You know you have a talent to be a doctor since your writing is like that!” He cooed.

Baekhyun felt the pen he was gripping tight in his hand. Yes, Baekhyun had it with this guy. He was too loud and just too nosy. He couldn’t handle this do-you-know-fact guy! He kicked the chair the guy was sitting strongly.

The teacher voice wasn’t in his ears anymore. What he listen was just gasping sound and hysterical scream from the girl beside do-you-know-fact. He apparently had kicked him till his body was closing in with the girl. Squishing her and she was very frightened till she pushed do-you-know-fact.

Poor boy that he landed on the floor with flaming red on his cheek and his face showed the pain as his eyes widened from the shock.

“Don’t talk to me! You all are just too loud. It hurts my ears!” Baekhyun shouted, throwing his pen on the floor and walked out from the class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day he came to school, his table had writing from a red permanent marker with insults and swear words. Baekhyun was stunned. Even he knew people didn’t very like him or hated him in middle school, they never tried to harm his things: bullying. They knew Byun Baekhyun was the teachers favorite. Whereas in this school, he sure he will not get a very nice treatment from now on. Well, that lies with the fault of kicking the guy and snapping at his classmates.

“Wow, this is astonishing.” He muttered loudly. Earning looks from the students.

“’Go die and yourself’. ‘You think you are good just because you’re the first year student representative in opening ceremony? D*mn no! Because that are bulls**t!’. ‘I never think ill of you till you had nerves to do that to your seatmate? He just talking and not doing anything to bother you. The truth are out, you’re an as****e, Byun Baekhyun. You have no feelings. You have no heart’. ‘I quite believe my instinct the first I saw your face and heard about your attitude. You’re really a d*mn ing rascal!’.” He read loudly what written on his table. His jaw hardened. His fist balled.

“Just wow!” He grinned. “Don’t you think it is wasting time to be writing this? I will just switch another table after reporting to the janitor and a teacher about it, you boneless chickens. Just write and no bite. You all are more d*mn than me.”

Baekhyun sat his bag down on the chair. “Ah…I should go and look for the janitor~” he sing sang. Pinching his nose to prevent some tears escaping, Baekhyun went to the emergency staircase on the floor.

He sat down on the cold concrete. Placing his head between his knees and pinching his nose because he was afraid if anyone walked in they will laughed at him.

“Who said I have no feelings and no heart? I am a human. Of course I feel emotion and if I don’t have a heart, I wouldn’t feel pain.” He uttered between muffled sobs.

Baekhyun cried his heart out and didn’t go back to class. He has a heart. He has feelings. Why people just think he was a robot with no void emotions? He was a human. He was. But, that was just how he is. Why can’t they accept him for who he is?

“Do you know, you can’t hum while holding your nose closed.” A voice said within his ear reach. Baekhyun turned his face and saw the same sparkling eyes beamed at him. His bangs swept by the spring breeze and Baekhyun felt even worst.

Do-you-know-fact had seen him crying. He would tell his classmates by now. They would make fun of him being like a child weeping.

“What?” Baekhyun rasped. His voice cracking as he glowered at do-you-know-fact.

“Firstly, I am sorry.” He tightened his hands. “My sister once told me when I started talking people will either be amused or annoyed. I love facts and saying it to people is a great thing. I know I’m not that bright, however I love to tell people those facts because I know even if excellent students are smart. They don’t know these facts and those facts are real and at the same time it maybe not real. Despite of that, it’s fun to see their reaction. I’m sorry if what I did had disturbed you mentally. I’m sorry.”

“I…” Baekhyun felt his head was white. It was the first time someone outside his family told him a genuine apologize. He didn’t know how to respond. “I...should you be hating me?”

“Why should I?” the boy chuckled. “It’s quite surprising but it’s not that bad. I mean my chair was kicked and being slapped by a girl. It’s not me getting kicked and it just my cheek got the ache. I’m not physically hurt. You don’t even bully me. So, why should I?”

“But, I…it worst.” He sighed. “I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. When my blood boils, I don’t really think about what others thinking. I hate loudness, sometimes. Yet, I would be fine with it, sometimes.”

“We’re even. So, back to zero?”

Baekhyun eyed him. He felt butterflies in his stomach. “I…”

“I will make sure to accompany you get a new table. They went too far. I saw it. I promised I won’t tell anyone about you.” He gave him a reassuring smile. “Back to zero?”

“Byun Baekhyun.” He extended his hand for a handshake.

“I know you. You’re mister famous guy. Hence, do you know my name?”

Baekhyun let out a little laugh. He was funny. “I don’t know your name.”

“Park Chanyeol is my name. It is very much factual and can be looked up on my birth certificate, you know.” Chanyeol reached out his hand. They shook hands. Breaking laughter, they stand up together.

From that event, Chanyeol was Baekhyun only friend. The best friend he really trusts with his heart. No one would befriend Baekhyun because they still despised him. Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared some secrets together. Baekhyun was entertained with Chanyeol facts. Some didn’t believe that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had made peace with each other. Due to that, Baekhyun’s bullying reduced and hardly there were things would endanger him. Seconds turned into minutes and time was just passing by like a lulling wind.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Min Ah were always fighting and disagreeing with each other. They hated each other guts. Not once a day pass peacefully without a fight. One of them will make sure they hurt each other heart.

But, when Min Ah married the guy she loves, Baekhyun stated he was happy that Min Ah left the house for good. The woman felt glad that she won’t be seeing Baekhyun again.

Unfortunately, that’s when fate decided to twist Min Ah’s happy life. She was left by the one she loves when she needed him the most. Min Ah was pregnant. No one could understand how her feeling was. A pregnant woman with divorce papers, she cried and laughed at the same time. She became a widow in a young age.

Min Ah returned home with broken heart. Obviously, she left the home she shared with her husband. Totally broken hearted because of the time they spent together didn’t really worth it.

At first, Baekhyun resented Min Ah’s appearance because he had trouble sleeping. The reason was, Minah always cried in her room and had nightmare every night.

Later, Baekhyun felt sorry for Min Ah and decided to persuade his older sister when his parents couldn’t do anything about Min Ah depression. His older sister almost did a suicide one particular night.

Baekhyun was lucky that he went home late. Baekhyun and his friend saw Min Ah ready to jump off from the bridge near the neighborhood. Chanyeol was the first one to grab Min Ah’s wrist albeit to his long legs and tall figure. Chanyeol’s sharp eyes quickly recognized Min Ah standing on the railing. Chanyeol soothed the crying Min Ah that ready to jump again while Baekhyun stared in shook.

He never saw his sister in this state in his whole life. A sudden realization hit him when Chanyeol smacked his back. “What?” Baekhyun asked the latter.

“Take your sister home. Calm her down.”

“Why me?” Baekhyun almost cringed at that thought. He felt pity. However, he never did that to anybody.

“You are her brother, right?” Chanyeol added.

“She is your flesh and blood. She is your only sister, Baek. Cherish her well even your bond are not that good. You can always start a new chapter. Be a bit understanding.” Chanyeol told him. Chanyeol knew about Baekhyun’s relationship with Min Ah. They always heard him complaint about his sister in school.

Baekhyun bit his lips, thinking of something. A moment lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter