Sequel

Finally
Please log in to read the full chapter

What happened was like a dream to Taeyeon. 

That night, she's never felt that completed before when Jessica kissed her. However, it faded too fast to even realize what was going on. In the morning, she found herself in a mess of crying too much. 

She should have felt relieved that Jessica forgave her, but she still feels bitter for being a coward after all these years. Only if she was brave enough, it would have turned out differently. 

Jessica was right. As much as they both loved the moment, it should not happen. It was not right. 

Preparing herself for another day, she encouraged herself 'what else could hurt the broken Kim Taeyeon more, stay strong.' 

 

As if nothing ever happen, Taeyeon is still Taeyeon - working like a robot for fans. Her comeback schedule was pretty crazy, she barely get time to sleep nor eat properly. Strangely, she enjoyed being busy because it will keep her mind off what happened too. 

Thanks to her loyal fans, she gets their positive energy on her too after every events she held during the comeback. Indeed, her 1st full album was a success. 

Even working like robot, she still puts her 110% effort starting from recording. This album is made by full of her voice only, and she treasures it alot . . . as much as she hates the fact that most songs are angsty and about trying to forget somebody . . . it does help her to express her feeling whenever she sings her songs too. Especially, it reminds her of someone dearly. 

 

"Birthdays
Are always the same
Many of them have passed
I feel like I’m becoming an adult

But still, when I think of your name
Tears well up and when I close my eyes
I see you and even though everything changed
You’re always at the same place, looking the same
Making me cry"

 

She could feel her own heart beating so fast, yet it is painful. Her old memories always come back whenever she is singing this song. The time they first knew each other, the time they spent together during vocal training, the time they shared the happiness when they know they would debut in the same group, the time they worked so hard together for their dream . . . yet it also reminds her of the time Jessica told her that she has found her life passion, Blanc; Taeyeon took some times to accept. 1 year of ignoring Jessica. 

 

"The seasons are still the same
Though many have passed
Now it’s time that
I got used to being without you

But still, when I think of your name
Tears well up and when I close my eyes
I see you and even though everything changed
You’re always at the same place, looking the same
Making me cry"

 

She adores Jessica too much that she cannot accept it when Jessica found a new path that didn't have her in it. She was afraid that one day, Jessica would leave her - and that day did come true, in a much unpleasant way when her company found out the same. 

She knew that the company would never leave Jessica alone, so she respected the decision from the company - to take her out. That way, Jessica could be happy. Truthfully, Jessica is seen happiest when she talked about Blanc - it's her life on it. She thought Jessica would be happier . . . but that what she assumed. 

 

"Yeah, that’s how all break-ups are
It’s about erasing all
The happy memories of being together"

 

Here's come the high note. Do not show your tear, Taeyeon. The song is ending soon. Her fans are still watching her emotional performance in Persona day 1 in Seoul. She can barely control her emotion. Just like the lyric, all of their happy moment turn to be a sad one for her. All of those are now in the past. Erasing . . . 

"So, instead of sharing Blanc's profit, you agree to let Jessica out of SNSD, really?" 

"Yes."

"Are you sure? Are you ready for the hate you will get?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well, that seems to be a loss to us. This only destroys another cash cow of our company!"

"I am willing to sacrifice myself . . . I agree to be part of that media play with Baekhyun to save EXO." Then the CEO bought the idea. 

Her media play was able to lessen the negative impact on EXO, but it caused more hate on her. People hate her for dating Baekhyun. People hate her for kicking Jessica out of the group. Jessica seemed shocked to take the news, and would hate her for kicking her out of SNSD. Taeyeon regret none of this. Jessica is in better place now. 

 

"But when I try to forget
Tears well up (tears well up)
On top of those tears
You flow down and time stops
My feelings that I tried to hide
Quietly raises its head
Calling out to you with a longing voice" 

Yeah, that’s how love is
The start and end are always so different

Yeah, that’s how all break-ups are
A deeper love comes and makes you cry

Yeah, this break-up keeps making me cry"

 

The fan applauses so hard, and some of them are even crying. They never expect to see intensely emotional and vulnerable Taeyeon in 'Timelapse' performance. Taeyeon beams the best smile at her fan, showing her gratitude to them for paying their attention on her emotional performance. 

As she is bowing to her fan, she sees a girl in black hoodie sitting in the audience with mask to cover her face. From the look, she almost thinks it is Jessica. Their eyes are looking through each other. She then brushes her mind off it . . . why would Jessica risk herself to be in Taeyeon's concert. Rig

Please log in to read the full chapter