chapter 04

Parallel of Actions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter 04 - realization[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]                Solbi looked at him and tilted her head with an unreadable expression. His heart pounded a little faster, uncertain of what her reaction would be. She flashed an amused smile and spoke up.
                “You don’t have any friends around here, do you?”
                “I… don’t,” he said with an embarrassed smile.
                Gayeon approached her.
                “I’ll catch up with you later,” she whispered and turned around.
                “Ok!” Solbi answered and turned to him. “Care to have a drink?”
                “Not at all,” he smiled genuinely.
                If everything kept going at this pace, his detailed plan would work wonders, he thought.
                Solbi led him to the bar and ordered two strong, alcoholic drinks. He raised an eyebrow at her, as if he couldn’t recognize the girl in front of him. In fact, he couldn’t. He didn’t even know her. This girl, taking him to have drinks, speaking loudly, shamelessness all over her being, was nothing like his Yesul. Yet, he was amazed.
                “What’s your name?” she turned to him.
                “Right, sorry… I’m Kim Jongin,” he said and offered a hand.
                “Jeong Solbi, nice to meet you,” she smiled and took his hand, standing on her toes for a second to plant a bold kiss on his cheek.
                Jongin stared at her with slight widened eyes and a half smile while she laughed.
                “You don’t have any friends around here, you said.”
                “Yeah…”
                “You’re new in town?”
                “It’s one way to put it, I guess.”
                The girl behind the counter slid two glasses toward them. Jongin took both and handed her one.
                “It’s not that cheap to afford coming to this particular club at its opening. Still, I’ve never seen you around… You must be new money,” she said and took a sip.
                “Got me.” he smirked.
                “Wanna know how to play it right?”
                He stared at her while colorful, blinking lights colored the skin of her face and her smile was the very only center of his attention for a whole moment.
                She’s Solbi, not Yesul.
                This could turn into a dangerous train wreck, a no way back road, a snowball so huge that could swallow him whole, he knew that very well. But every fiber of his being refused to let this chance go away.
                “Would you, teacher?” he teased.
                And that was her limit.
                Solbi reached her hand to his jacket, grabbing it, pulling him down to her and crashing her lips against his.
                He’d had time to react, but he didn’t. He had always tried to keep in mind she was not the girl he loved and wanted, he had mentally repeated that to himself nearly every minute of the day since he had laid eyes on her, but his heart ached for Yesul. He missed her with his all, and for this once, just for this once, he would allow himself to think of her as Yesul, not Solbi.
                With that, he reacted.
                He pulled her in by the waist and slipped a hand behind her neck, kissing her back in a way he hadn’t done in a good while. She stood in her toes and he held her closer for full support, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter