chapter 03

Parallel of Actions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]chapter 3 - a night club[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]                Jongin poured another glass of wine and the man in front of him thanked before grabbing it and taking a sip.
                “You know how to choose a bottle of wine,” he said.
                “Impeccable taste.” Jongin smiled.
                “Who do you need me to spy on this time?”
                “Hyung!” he laughed. “When you put it like this, it makes me look like a criminal.”
                “It is a crime in certain ways,” the man whispered.
                “It makes my job easier,” he argued.
                “Yeah, right. Name?”
                “Jeong Solbi.”
                “A woman…” he trailed off. “What do you need to know?”
                “Her favorite stores, restaurants, perhaps clubs…”
                “That simple? No looking for big transactions or something of the sort?”
                “Yes. This time I just need to trace her profile and know the places she goes.”
                “Alright. Two days. I’ll have one of my guys to deliver it to you around midnight. Stay home.”
                Jongin smiled.
                “Ah, the perks of having friends who work with bank accounts.”
                “Your gifts for me are piling up, Jongin,” the man said.
                “Whenever you want.” he smirked.

                Jongin entered the night club like it belonged to him. It was the second week he had been attending night clubs, every day, in search of Solbi. The colorful lights tinged his skin in diverse colors, changing according to the loud beat of the place. He scanned around, testing if he was lucky enough to meet the familiar face within the first minute of his stay there, but it didn’t happen. He knew his usual black formal suits wouldn’t fit in the picture, so he wore a dark blue leather jacket with his expensive pair of black ripped jeans. A night club wasn’t exactly his favorite place to be, but he knew what to do – and what not to do – in such ambient. Noticing no one he would like to, he stepped further inside, making his path through the bodies around until he reached a stool near the bar.
                “What’s gonna be?” a woman shouted from behind the counter with a smile and a shiny ring hugging the skin of her nose.
                “Uhm… Soju, please,” he shouted just as loud.
                “Shot or bottle?”
                “Bottle.”
                She simply nodded and stepped away to get his drink.
                The mix of voices and beats and smells slowly crawled into his being while he absorbed it all. He had his plan all in his mind, and he had to focus. He wasn’t there to his own entertainment.
                “Two more shots, please,” a feminine voice nearly shouted beside him.
                Jongin instantly looked at her, his heart racing. It wasn’t Solbi. He stared at the girl with smudged, cheap eyeliner around her eyes for some seconds more and took a deep breath.
                Focus, he thought.
                The bar woman returned with his bottle in her hand and placed it in front of him, to which he nodded in a thanking gesture.
                Solbi should be somewhere around there. From her credit card spending, he assumed she was a ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter