002

Island Princess

“Come with us, Let us take you back to civilization Sa. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to find your family. And by what’s left of your belongings you must be someone from a royal family.”

Sitting by a fire lit on the stone and roasting some fish Sa listened to what prince Oh Sehun was saying. The idea of going beyond the horizon was scary to her. And leaving Red and Pea behind was not something Sa wanted to do. But she really did want to find where she really belongs. She knows it’s not here.

“Sa, you know that it is okay for you to go right?” Red sat on her lap and murmured softly. Sa knew it was okay with them but it was not okay with her. Pea was sound asleep next to the Prince and was now snoring lightly.

“Sa, have you always understood animals?” Sehun was attracted to her in a way he was not even aware of.

“Animals?”

“I mean your friends.”

Knitting her eyebrows Sa answered with a ‘yes’ as if it was the most normal thing in the world for her.

“Well you see, being able to talk to animals, which is the name that’s given by the humans to your friends, is considered a rare gift and there are only a few blood lines that have descendants that are able to.”

Sehun didn’t want to go back just yet, but he wanted to help Sa find her family. He had the need to protect her and at the moment that was only what he thought of.

“Sa, I’m asking you again, come with us. Leave this place with us tomorrow. I’ll help you find your family.” If Sehun didn’t know it, his voice was pleading to her.

Going back to where she came from and seeing more people like her, the thought itself excited Sa beyond her own belief.

“I will come to the human island with you” Sehun sighed with relief, this strange girl was making him feel all woozy.

“But,” well that sigh just got caught right in his throat.

“But, I want Red and Pea to come with me. If not I am not coming.”

Laughing out loud Sehun nodded his head, “Of course Sa, Of course. You can bring them with you. I’ll arrange them a comfortable place in the palace for them.”

Morning came and the three friends boarded the ‘floating house’ which was called a ship. Red and Pea were inside the ship with Jackson while Sa stood on the deck trying not to cry as her Island became a small dot in her vision. Huge sobs racked her small body as she clung onto the rails and cried her guts out. Warm hands wrapped around her waist and she was engulfed in a warm embrace.

“Shh, don’t cry my love. I know it’s sad but I promise you, I will do whatever I can to make you smile.”

Sehun had his long arms woven across her waist as his chin rested on top of her head and he gently rocked her back and forth to the sways of the ship. With a small turn he had Sa’s head on his chest as he lightly hummed in her ear calming her small body.

“You okay?”

Nodding her head at Sehun Sa sat down on top of a barrel and looked out at the never ending horizon as Sehun stood behind her with a comforting arm around her shoulders.

“Sir, if my calculations match with the weather we will arrive at the Exordry Kingdom within 17 days.” Bowing at his captain and his prince, Jackson reported back to his cabin to get ready for Sa’s lesson. Prince had required Sa to learn everything she could about civilization before they reach the kingdom and Sehun had taken upon himself to teach her.

Days passed by with Sehun teaching Sa how to walk, to talk, to eat and to behave like a normal citizen. And much to his surprise Sa picked up everything like a pro and Sehun was more than happy to see Sa smiling more these days.


“And you never, I mean it. You never should run wearing a dress.” Sehun was wrapping up his last lesson as he could see the kingdom from far away.

“Stay by me and you’ll be fine.” If Sa could read his mind Sehun was begging her to stay with him and not go anywhere. For he admitted to himself that he actually liked this girl more than he should, given as the situation he is right now and he wouldn’t rather think of it if he could, for the idea made him depressed and lost.

“Sir in a moment we are decking, is there anything else?” Jackson popped his head inside the study chamber all dressed prim and proper.

“Get my clothes ready in my sleeping chambers and please Sa to the deck while I prepare myself”

Walking his way through to his sleeping chambers Sehun sighed seeing his ‘prince clothes’ laying on his bed. Sehun never liked these gold boarded heavy clothes. He preferred a flannel pair of pants and a cotton shirt with boots. He was a simple prince but as far his life was destined to be. Sehun was not to be a simple prince, but he was to become the King in less than year. Saying his farewell to his beloved ship “Martha” Sehun quickly dressed himself in Black pants a white under shirt with a navy blue silk tailored coat and pinned his sword in the slot in his waist band.

Sehun heaved a huge breath and walked out to the outer deck to see his crewmen unloading stuff from the already decked ship. And he heard the Peacock cackling loudly somewhere. Turning his head he saw Sa at the other end of the ship looking at the port with big eyes full of fear and if Sehun guessed right, the peacock was trying to calm her. Smiling and waving at the commoners gathered to welcome to the prince, Sehun walked over to Sa.

“prince Oh Sehun there are so many hu-I mean people.” Her wide eyes scanned the mass of people that threw her glances of curiosity.

“Don’t fret my dear, Come with me.” Extending his hand to Sa Sehun walked her out the ship and onto the awaiting carriage.

“Welcome back your Majesty, It’s an honor to see you.” The carriage driver bowed his head at Sehun out of respect. Patting his shoulder Sehun smiled at the man who looked not any older than himself.

“it’s good to be back ZItao.”

Nudging Sehun in his side Sa gained his attention. “Prince oh Sehun why does he have a skunk around his neck?”

“That’s not a skunk my lady, it’s scarf to keep him warm.”

Not allowing her to say more Sehun helped her in to the carriage and they were off to the palace.

“Mother, Father, Soojung!”

Sehun approached his family awaiting him at the dining area and hugged each of them. The Queen also Sehun’s mother nagged at her son for being too tan and thin and his father gave a light pat on his shoulder and welcomed him back. Soojung, Sehun’s younger sister was ecstatic too see her brother back and was jumping around him bombarding the young prince with question after question.

“Mother, Father, I would Like to introduce you to someone.” Walking towards the door and pulling Sa into the room Sehun helped her walk.

“Your Majesty, your Highness.” Bowing exactly like Sehun taught her Sa his behind Sehun intimidated by the King and the Queen.

“what a lovely girl! Sehun-a!!!!” the queen gushed over to Sa and twirled her around and kept complimenting her.

“But son, who is-“

“A Girl!!!!!!!!!!” the king couldn’t finish his words, Soojung, had come sprinting through the doors once again carrying some food when she noticed Sa.

“Brother who is the beauty?”

“I will explain but first let me take care of Sa and attend to her. I will be back shortly.” Bowing his head at his parents Sehun brought Sa out of the hall with Soojung on tow.

“Prince oh sehun my friends?”

“don’t worry Sa, they are comfortable I’ll take you to see them in the evening, but for now you need to wear something more appropriate.” Even though Sehun would liked to see her in this white sheet he knew other people wouldn’t want to.’

Soojung, do you think you can attend to her while I get her some proper food?”

“Why of course Yes! I’d be delighted to. Come with me dear.”

Sa felt comfortable around Soojung, she was talkative like Pea. But didn’t ask anything from her.

“So I have all these dresses you can choose from. So don’t be shy and choose”

Sa couldn’t believe her eyes. There were more than hundred of dressed ranging from all sizes to all the colours she ever knew.

“I-I possibly can’t choose.” Helplessly she looked over at Soojung.

“Okay you sit here and let me do the magic on you.”

And magic indeed it was. Soojung picked out a lime green dress that flowed to the floor with a small pair of forest green heels. Combing her hair she pinned it to the side and cleaned her face and applied some colour to her face.

“Your highness, prince Sehun is here.”

“let him in.”

Walking in Sehun stopped in his tracks.

“gorgeous isn’t she?”

Half nodding at his sister sehun walked into the room where Sa was standing and took her hand and kissed her knuckles as he stared right into her eyes.

“The prettiest I’ve ever seen.”