He Became Popular

You Promise Me...

Note: This is when Sooyun (you) and Sungjong were in middle school.
                                                                                                                                

 

-First Day of Middle School-

 

 

You and Sungjong entered the middle school, and you were becoming nervous. Sungjong noticed you getting nervous and grabbed your hand. You looked up and saw he was smiling at you, your nervousness completely went away when he smiled at you.

 

 

"Nervous Soo-Soo ah?" he said using your new nickname that he created over the summer.
"Oh? I was oppa...but since your with me I'm fine!" you said smiling.
"Soo-Soo ah!" he pouted. "Why aren't you using my nickname that made!"
"Aigoo fine, Jongie oppa!" you laughed.
"Thats much better!" he said smiling. "Kaja? I already know that we have the same classes together!"
"Eh? How did you know Jongie oppa?" you tilted your head.
"Aigoo, don't you look cute!" he pinched your cheek.
"Oppa!" you whined. "You didn't answer my question!"
"Omo! Sorry Soo-Soo ah!" he patted your head. "Well...lets just say that my appa owns this school and he told me my schedule!"
"Wah! Thats so cool Jongie oppa!"
"I know! Now kaja! Don't want to be late now do we?"
"Ani!"

 

 

Sungjong was still holding onto your hand and drag you to ur classroom. Luckily there was still open seats so you and Sungjong chose to sit at the back right next to the window, since you like looking at the sky. More students came in and it became loud. Some girls were looking at Sungjong, while the rest was looking at your natural honey-colored hair. You didn't seem to noticed them because you were too busy talking to Sungjong. Sungjong, on the other hand, seemed to noticed and he didn't want to attract attention because it's either they knew he was the son of the principal or he is pretty handsome.

 

 

"Jongie oppa, you okay?" you asked.
"Huh? Y-yes I'm fine." he said nervously.
"Jongie oppa don't lie to me." you put your hand on his shoulder.
He sighed because he doesn't like lying to you. "Well, these kids are staring at us like we are famous or something." he pointed at them.
"Oppa theres only some girls looking at you and the rest are looking at me." you said laughing.
"Soo-Soo ah, I think they are looking at you because of your natural honey-color hair."
"I know, it feels like I'm an alien or something." you pouted.
"AN ALIEN!?" he started to laugh out loud.
"Yah oppa! stop!" you tried to calm him down.

 

 

While trying to calm down the laughing Sungjong, a couple of girls came to your desks. Sungjong stopped laughing and looked at them catiously. He put a protected arm around you because he was afraid that they might hurt you, like what happen when they were six years old. They seem to noticed that he was very protective around you, but that didn't stop them to talk to you.

 

 

"I have a question." said one of the girls.
"Yes?" you said.
"Is your hair naturally honey-colored?" said the girl.
"Oh, um yes it is." you looked at her questionly.
"Are you by any chance, Kim Sunggyu's younger sister?"
"Huh? Sunggyu younger sister?" you looked at her confused. "Why do you assume that I am his sister?"
"Because only Sunggyu has natural honey-colored hair."
"Is that so?" you said. "But i'm sorry but I never heard of this Kim Sunggyu in my life."
"Oh, well thanks for answering my question.

 

 

When the group of girls left, Sungjong sighed and unwrapped his arm around you. This was making Sungjong worried because this Kim, Sunggyu character being Sooyun's older brother was bothering him. He doesn't know why, but it feels like if Sooyun meet this guy, she would leave him and forget about him. Sooyun noticed that he was stiff and wasn't talking that much.

 

 

"Jongie oppa, you okay?"
"Ne, just thinking."
"About what?"
"You forgetting about me..."
"Oppa! How can you think like that! I WOULD never in my life FORGET about you!"
"But-"
"Oppa I made a promise with you, remember?"
"Yeah...so you won't forget about me?"
"Of course I won't!

 

 

Sungjong smilied and hugged you. When you two broke the hug, the teacher came in and did attendence. Everyone gasped that Sungjong has the same last name as the principal's last name. Sungjong couldn't handle it anymore when they started to whisper. So, he spoke up and told them that he is the son's principal. After he announced it, he sat right back down. When they called your name, they gasped when they saw your honey-colored hair. You weren't even surprise about them surprise because you were so used to it. You just ignored them and sat right back to your seat.

 

 

"Did you saw her hair? It's honey-colored like Sunggyu!"
"I can't believe THATS Lee Sungjong!"
"He's really pretty"
"Could she be related to Kim Sunggyu?"

 

 

You and Sungjong sighed as the students continued to whisper. The teacher cleared and everyone paid attention to her. She started her introduction about her life and stuff like that. You clearly ignored her and just looked at the sky. As you were looking at the sky you felt a notebook hitting your elbow. You ignored it first, but the person kept continuing hitting your elbow. You broke your gaze from the window and glared at the person who was hitting your elbow, you weren't even surprise who was hitting your elbow, it was no other than Sungjong.

 

 

"Oppa what are you doing?" you whispered.
"Look at the notebook." he did his puppy eyes.
"Oh fine."

 

 

You looked at the notebook and noticed Sungjong's handwriting on it. You looked at him confused but he kept on mouthing out 'just read it already!' You silently laughed and read it.

 

 

Why are you not paying attention to the teacher? >:O

 

 

You looked at him again but he was looking straight ahead. You were about to reply back, but the bell rang. Both of you sighed in relief that lunch was getting close. Both of you left the classroom and everyone started to stare at both of you. They were mostly staring at Sungjong because of his fair skin, while some stared at your natural honey-colored hair. You were still walking until someone stopped both of you guys, supposedly they were the 'queeka's'.

 

 

"So your Lee Sungjong." said the girl.
"Err yeah."
"Want to hang out with us?"
"Ani, I have my friend that I can hang out with thank you very much."
Sungjong said as he walked passed the queenka's, while you followed behind him.
"Soo-Soo ah." he said.
"Yes Jongie oppa?"
"Promise me that you won't be like those girls."
"Eh? Oppa why would I be like those girls?" you said giggling. "They look evil."
"They are just promise that you would stay away from them."
"Ne, I promise." you hold out your pinky.
He laughed. "Aigoo, you still do that?" he interlock his pinky with yours and kissed your forehead.
"Of course oppa" you looked up at him. "We used to do it all the time, when we make promises!"
"I know Soo-Soo ah, now kaja? I don't want to be late for our next class." he grabbed your hand and pulled you to the next class that they had together.

 

 

When they finally entered the classroom, many students stared at Sungjong. Sungjong became a little uncomfortable with the stare's. Little did he knew that this would be a new chapter of his life that he becomes popular. Almost all of the students crowded around him and told him that he was cool for ignoring the Queenka's request. You got out of the crowd and walked to your desk. You looked at the crowd surrounding him. Is this what that girl meant that Sungjong oppa will forget about me? Him being popular? You shook away your thoughts as Sungjong took your sit right next to you.

 

 

"I don't like this attention" whined Sungjong.
"Oppa you became popular already." you pouted.
"Yah, I hope you don't have ideas about me forgetting about you!"
"A-aniyo! I know that the promise is important to both of us!"
"Good, because I don't want you to forget."
"N-ne."

 

 

All your middle school life was full of memories with Sungjong and you, though he did became popular around the school he still hanged out with you even though you were a little bit popular because of your hair and people thinking that you were related with Sunggyu. Little did you know was that Sunggyu has been watching over you hoping you wouldn't be bullied. There would be times where the queenka's would plan to bully you, but Sunggyu would always threaten them if they would hurt you. So through out your middle school year, Sungjong became popular but he wouldn't hang out with the popular kids, which of course made him even more popular. He didn't mean to grab people's attention, really! It just happen and BAM he became popular. You were somewhat okay with him being popular, what made you extremely okay with him being popular was when he told you that he wouldn't forget you, EVER. No matter what, but that soon changed when you and Sungjong entered highschool...

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my fellow readers! :) I wanna thank you guys for reading my story so far and subcribing (i think i spelled that wrong, oh well haha) You have no idea how happy I am >.

 

 

Much Love,

Pikachu-chan