Chapter 3

Two Timid Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara-ah… Are you sure you’re really not going?” Bom asked for the nth time. We are talking through the phone.

 

 

 

“Yes Bom. Have fun okay? Tell that to Seunghyun too. Take care on your way home, arasso?. I’m hanging up.” I said.

 

 

 

“Arasso, arasso. You sound like my mother.” She chuckles.

 

 

 

“Shut up. I’m really hanging up now. Bye!” I said then end the call.

 

 

 

Yep. The prom will be held tonight and as expected I didn’t go. It’s been three weeks since the incident in the park with Jiyong and it’s also been that long since I last talk to him. No texts, no calls and I put so much effort on avoiding him at school. I sometimes caught him staring at me but they were just brief moments because he too is trying to avoid me.

 

 

 

 

 

While others are enjoying themselves in the prom, here I am… sitting on my bed while reading a book entitled “Beautiful Disaster” by Jamie McGuire…  wearing my strawberry print pajamas.

 

 

 

I am reading my book but my mind is floating somewhere else. It’s like… I don’t understand any of the words I am reading. When I still couldn’t get any of the words I am reading, I gave up and close the book, frustrated.

 

 

 

My eyes went to my balcony and remember the night when Jiyong sneaks in to my room.

 

 

 

 

“I miss him.” I muttered to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

………………………

………………………

………………………

 

 

 

Holy !

 

 

 

Did I just say that I miss Jiyong? Oh my God! Sandara Park, you have officially lost your mind. What in hell made me say that?

 

Me…? Missing Kwon Jiyong? That’s way too impossible!

 

 

 

I am busy beating myself when my phone suddenly rings. I reach for it on the bedside table and check the caller ID. Speaking of the devil, it’s Kwon Jiyong!

 

 

 

I ponder whether I should answer his call or just ignore it. “Calm down Dara. It’s only Jiyong.” I said to myself.

 

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

 

 

“Dara…”

 

 

 

God! What’s wrong with me? I really did miss him. Hearing his voice for the first time in three weeks awakens the butterflies inside me.

 

 

“I’m outside.” He said in a hush tone.

 

 

 

“What?!”

 

 

 

“Just please go to your balcony.” I did what he told me and went outside but I see no Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

“Pssst! Look down.” I heard him say so I did.

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” We are talking in hushed voices.

 

 

 

“I came to get you.”

 

 

 

 

“Have you lost your mind?! It’s already half past ten o’clock! My parents won’t let me.”

 

 

 

 

“Don’t worry. It won’t take long, I promise.” His voice is full of sincerity.

 

 

 

I shouldn’t go, I know that… but there’s a part of me that wants to go. I want to know where he would take me. I want to know why he called out of nowhere. Why did he wait for three weeks to call me? I want to ask him all these questions and I can only do that by going with him.

 

 

 

 

After few minutes of debating with myself, I end up agreeing with him. He helped me to climb down from my balcony without producing unnecessary noises that might wake my parents up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you wearing?” I eyed him from head to toe, fully taking in his get-up. It was dark and I can’t see him clearly from my balcony so I didn’t notice that he is a wearing a suit.

 

 

 

He’s wearing an all-black suit and I’m amazed how he managed to slick back his untamed hair. I always thought that his grass-colored hair is weird but I find it so damn attractive now. Is it because he styled it nicely this time?

 

 

 

“It’s a suit, what else?” He smirks at me and I rolled my eyes on him.

 

 

 How weird… We are acting normal, like we haven’t been trying to avoid each other for the past three weeks. What’s more odd is that it feels nice that we are back at bickering to each other. It just feels so natural.

 

 

 

 

“I mean… why? Did you attend the prom?” He only looks at me. A look that lasted for I don’t know how long.

 

 

 

 

“Nope. I didn’t go because I’m bringing prom to you.”

 

 

 

Stunned. That rendered me speechless.

 

 

 

“Cute pajamas by the way.” He adds then tugs me by hand.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong brought me to the park where we had our last, let’s just say… conversation. The park is illuminated by the light from the lamp posts, added by the light coming from the moon and stars in the sky. We walk further and he takes me to the very same spot where we dance together.

 

 

 

 

A blanket already lay on the grass to sit on. The food and drinks are also already sitting on the blanket, together with a small speaker and an ipod on the sides. It is surrounded by candles making it like a romantic scene from movies. In short, it’s a jaw-dropping setting.

 

 

 

“Ji… What’s with all t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter