Chapter 2

Two Timid Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“So Dara, sweetie, how’s school and… Jiyong?” Omma suddenly asked as she takes a sip of her soup.

 

 

We are having a peaceful dinner until she mentioned that sinful name.

 

 

 

“As usual, he’s making my life a living hell!” Of course I didn’t voice that out.

 

 

 

 

“Oh I’m good omma. Jiyong and I are getting along just fine.” You can’t miss the dripping sarcasm on my tone but of course my mom wouldn’t get any of that. She just smiles fondly instead.

 

 

 

It’s been a week since Jiyong came back from the states. Much to my dismay, he transferred to my current school. And adding to my torment, he enrolled all the subjects I’m taking so basically he’s my classmate in every of my classes. He is always popping out wherever and whenever he wants to and it’s really getting on my nerves. My goal is to get through my senior year and graduate peacefully but he’s back so it is now far from reality. Within this week, not a single day has been peaceful.

 

 

 

“That’s good to hear.” Omma smiles and I force one too.

 

 

“Dear, is your decision really final? I mean… about your prom?”

 

 

I let out a sigh. “Ne, omma. I’m not going.” I said, taking the last bite of my food.

 

 

 

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to miss this out sweetie. I just want you to enjoy and have fun with your friends before you graduate.” My mom said and my dad, who’s silently eating in front of us, also nods in agreement.

 

 

 

“It’s okay omma. Besides, Bom, Seunghyun and I are enjoying ourselves just fine. We are hanging out for almost everyday! So don’t worry omma, arasso?” I said and my mom smiles in understanding.

 

 

 

After dinner, I went up to my room and took a shower. It’s a Friday night but I think I’m going to sleep early; I’m not one for night out anyways. This week made me so drain both physically and mentally, thanks to Kwon Jiyong, so I deserve a long rest.

 

 

I plop myself down on my bed, lying on my stomach. I propped my elbows to support my upper body then I started to scroll through my cell phone, checking my instagram feeds.

 

 

 

 

“Tokki!” Someone poke my back, scaring the hell out of me.

 

 

 

 

“AAHHHHHH!!!” I screamed but I soon realized who the culprit is. There’s only one person who calls me that. Damn you Kwon Jiyong!

 

 

Jiyong is already dying from laughter while I’m still recovering from the shock that nearly cost me a heart attack. I was about to beat the living daylights out of him when I heard a knock on my door.

 

 

 

“Dara, are you alright? Is something wrong?” That was my mom. Oh ! Did I lock the door? Yes I did. I am so dead if they see Jiyong inside my room… at this time of the night!  

 

 

“Yes omma. There’s a cockroach in my room. I’m just surprise by it.” I was glaring at Jiyong the whole time because he’s the one I’m referring to. He was trying so hard to stifle his laughs which irritate me more.                            

 

 

“Oh really? Do you want me to bring the insecticide?”

 

 

“There’s no need omma. I’m just going to kill it myself.” I said as I already getting up and slap Jiyong’s chest hard.

 

 

“Ouch!” He mouthed while rubbing the area where I hit him.

 

 

 

“Arasso. Good night sweetie.” My mom said.

 

 

 

“Good night, omma.” I replied. When I’m certain that mom has already gone to their room, I hit him again.

 

 

 

“Aww! Stop… Stop hitting me already! I’m sorry, okay?” He said between his laughs.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here? More importantly, how did you get in?” I hissed.

 

 

 

“Through your balcony.” He said, pointing my room’s balcony with his lips.

 

 

 

“What? But my room’s on the second floor!” I asked in disbelief.

 

 

 

“What else? I climbed, genius.” He said and ruffles my hair.

 

 

 

I smack away his hands and glare at him but he just chuckles. “So? What are you doing here?” I asked crossing my arms and he grins.

 

 

 

 

“Well, the thing is… I’m feeling extremely great today and being the gentleman I am, I’ll give you my permission to take me as your prom date.” He said, wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

 

 

Is he for real?

 

 

I snort. “Are you hearing yourself Ji? You’re asking me to be your date for the prom?” I chuckle, shaking my head in disbelief.

 

 

“No, Ssantokki. I’m allowing you to take me as your date to the prom.” He corrected.

 

 

 

“Hah! Why would I do that? Besides, this kind of event is not your thing. It’s just not so… Kwon Jiyong.”

 

 

 

“I don’t care. If you’ll be there with me then I’m good.” He said with a smirk on the corner of his lips, and winks at me.

 

 

 

My heart is beating so fast I can practically hear and feel it on my chest. I cannot seriously be blushing over something Kwon Jiyong said!

 

 

Calm down heart. It’s a trap!

 

 

 

“I would rather pull my teeth without having any anaesthesia than taking you as my date.”

 

 

“Oh come on Dara. You, taking the great Kwon Jiyong to the prom as your date will be…”

 

 

 

“…ridiculous.” I ended his sentence and he rolled his eyes on me.

 

 

 

“Tokki, admit it. You want me. You want my body, my gorgeous face… you want everything about me.” He said with a smug look on his face.

 

 

 

I scoff at his arrogance and I decided to put an end on this ridiculous conversation. I’m just killing my brain cells for trying to reason with him.

 

 

 

“Okay, that’s enough! You’re making me sick I want to throw up.” I said.

 

 

 

“Well, you need to go home now before I strangle you. And for you offer, the answer is no. I’m not going to the prom in the first place.” I added as I shove him to my room’s balcony.

 

 

 

“Eh? Why?” He asked as he continues to be push by me.

 

 

“I have my reasons.” I replied.

 

 

 

“What reasons?”

 

 

 

“I’m not telling you.” He suddenly stops causing me to bump on his back.

 

 

He turns on his heel and faces me again. “I’m not leaving until you tell me those reasons of yours.” He stated firmly and I know that there’s no way to win against this guy.

 

 

 

“I don’t have a dress to wear.” I started.

 

 

 

“You have Bom to help you with that.”

 

 

“I don’t have a date.”

 

 

 

“You have me.” He seriously stated making me look at him.

 

 

 

I tried to ignore the rapid beating of my heart. Damn! Am I falling for his trick? NO! I can’t be!

 

 

 

“I don’t know how to dance.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter