Yearbook

Yearbook - V

Waving back to you, a peaceful smile curled on his lips as his eyes scaled your house. Watching some shadows move within the house, he walked down the front walk of your home. Shuffling along the sidewalk, he rounded the corner lot seeing the large tree on the edge of the property line. Moseying over to underneath the tree, he leaned against the wide strong trunk as his eyes  gazed up at the darkened window.

On the inside of the house, you made your way up the stairs as you flipped your light on. Resting your backpack against your desk you pulled your books out of the bag and rested them on the wooden desk that sat across the room from your bed. Quickly changing into some comfy pajamas for the night, you shuffled over to your desk and pushed the books off of your yearbook. Deciding to settle down with it for the night. You placed your books back on the desk while you tucked the yearbook under your arm.

V watched the soft yellow hue spill from your bedroom window. Dragging the toe of his shoe around in the dirt underneath him, he carefully leaned his head back while his eyes stared up at the intertwined branches overhead. Lifting his foot up onto a rock leaning up against the tree, he reached up and wrapped his hand around a large branch.

Pulling himself up off of the ground, he moved onto the lowest branch really wanting to see your reaction to when you read his handwritten message in your yearbook. Weighing out his options and your point of view, knowing very well that this is the creepiest thing that he has ever done. Nevertheless, he pulled himself up through the tangled branches, finding a sturdy branch that faced your window. Positioning himself to see you sitting on your duvet covering your bed, your back pressed up against the wall as your legs were crossed allowing the yearbook to lay on your lap.

Watching you turn over the cover, he saw colorful words line the inside cover of the yearbook. Seeing your head turn and begin to read the message on the inside front cover, your fingers brushed over the hundreds of pages. Time seemed to stand still for V as he continued to watch you read over his compliments covering the inside cover.

Having read all of the little compliments splattering the two pages, a smile was hard to hold off of your face as you slowly flipped through the yearbook, looking for any other notes that he could have placed amongst the pages. Flipping to the page that had your senior picture and quote, you saw a small note in the margins. Recognizing the handwriting as V’s you allowed your eyes to move along the writing of the fine pen.

The most beautiful girl in the world

With an arrow pointing to your picture, a broad smile pulled your lips back further before a thought sparked your mind. Quickly flipping the pages to see his picture, you saw another note pointing to his picture this time.

This guy is hopelessly in love with you

Butterflies tickled your stomach while your hand covered your bright broad smile. Lifting your eyes from the page, you rested your head back against the wall.

“Oh my goodness” You whispered to yourself in disbelief as your feelings for him became exposed knowing that he felt the exact same way about you. Shaking your head, you tried to push the thoughts out of your mind in order to not overthink or overanalyze the situation.

Your fingers found the pages of the book again, resuming turning the pages, you found the four blank pages in the back of the book reserved for signings from your friends.

The first page had your name written in large artistic letters, around your name were memories that the two of you had shared. Starting at the top of the page, you read your first encounter with him on the playground in Kindergarten, then making forts and playing different games on the playground over the years, then a few memories caught your eye as you read them.

I remember seeing you at the middle school dance, you were wearing a navy blue dress that fit you so beautifully. The slight sparkles along the skirt made you look like a goddess of the night, one that I was too scared to go up and ask for a dance. But how I wish I could go back to that night and ask you for a dance.

I remember seeing you at Prom, Junior year, you wore a beautiful black dress this time. Your hair was pulled back and slightly waved as you stood on the perimeter of the gym. It took me a good five or six songs for me to gather my courage before I walked over to you. I still remember that smile on your lips when you saw a friendly face, one that was willing to join you.

I remember our first dance at that Prom. How it felt to hold you close. How your touch was so relaxing and pushed all of my fears away. Then to see your breathtaking eyes twinkle under the low lights. The soft conversations that we whispered as the song played overhead. Then the look on your face when I twirled you at the end of the song and brought you in for a hug.

Reading through several more memories, tears began to coat your eyes as your vision blurred as the tears accumulated along your lower lashes. Lifting your hand up, you wiped away the threatening-to-fall tears. Moving your eyes to the next page, you saw long paragraphs filling the page fully, hardly leaving any white space.

Moving your eyes over to the next page, you began to read the thoughtful words covering the page. Going through more memories, his feelings and thoughts on you began to surface. A swelling of your heart began to pound against your rib cage as the pace increased.

Watching from the window, V continued to watch as you wiped away your tears with your hand. Page after page you read the long message that covered all four previously emptied pages. With his heart beating faster with anticipation, he continued to watch as you turned the final page to allow something to fall from the back cover.

Catching your attention, you picked up the paper cautiously as you gazed down at the drawing. With a boy sitting out on a tree limb and a girl sitting with a book on her lap resting on her bed with a thought bubble connecting the two of them with a heart. Realizing that this was a picture of you, you lifted your eyes to see the picture that he gave you in Kindergarten hanging just above your closet door.

Allowing your eyes to drift over to the window, you moved the book from your lap onto the duvet of your bed. Slipping off of your bed, you moseyed over to the window before finding a figure amongst the leaves and branches. Opening your window, you smiled as you folded your arms on the window seal and lowered your head onto your folded arms.

“I take it you found my little surprise?” V smiled as he slowly leaned towards you as his eyes observed you nod your head.

“Now I have another V masterpiece to add to my collection” You reasoned with a cheeky smile.

“Don’t worry you will get a lot more” V smiled as he began to climb towards your window.

“I will?” You probed before standing upright and backing up gesturing to him that he was welcome to enter your room.

“You will, I’m 100% positive” V smiled as he expertly moved his body from the branch into your bedroom.

“How can you be so sure?” You tilted your head as you ran your tongue along your pink lips.

“There is no one else I want to be with” V confessed, “No other girl can make me as happy as you make me, there is no one that I would pick to be with over anyone at anytime, the girl who I never get tired of being around, the girl I never want to let go. My Kindergarten love.”

“I’m sure that have been other girls that you have liked other than me” You reasoned, shifting your weight from one foot to the other as your heart predicted what was going to happen next.

“There have been, but no one compares to you. No one is as bright, intelligent, elegant, beautiful, breathtaking, gorgeous, sweet, kind, genuine, generous, witty, fun or true to themselves as you are.” V took a step closer to you slowly closing the space between you, “You are my dream girl and I am incredibly lucky to find you when I did so that I could gather all of those memories with you and continue to look forward to all of the ones we will have together.”

“You… you literally are stealing my words that I have wanted to say for such a long time…” You confessed, your eyes locked with his as he lifted his hand and rested it on your arm.

“_______?” V’s tone hung with a questioning tone

“Yes?” You urged him to continue, your breath holding, your heart pausing and hanging on his every word.

“Will you be mine?” V offered, his heart being held out to you waiting for you to accept it with your whole heart.

“I wouldn’t trust my heart with anyone else” Accepting his heart in exchange for your own, you opened your arms slightly.

Picking up on your cue, his arms wrapped around your waist as your arms encased his shoulders, raising to your tippy toes, your head cradled in the crook of his neck as the warm skin of his neck pressed against your cheek. A soft content sigh left your lips as you felt his heart pound against your chest, with your heart slowing feeling the other heart next to yours. Tightening his grip on you, he rested his head against yours before pressing a soft kiss against your temple.

“I love you” He whispered against the shell of your ear, the warm breath spilled over your hair before lifting one of his hands up, tucking some of your hair behind your ear and then pressing his pair of lips against your cheek.

“I love you too” Whispering back, you could feel the smile against your lips as you pulled away to have his eyes look into yours.

“What took you so long?” You exhaled feeling such a comfort, a relief to his confession and all of the words that he had expressed.

“I wanted to make sure that I was ready for my angel, since she deserves the best” V’s words caused your heart to leap.

“She does, she deserves only the best which just so happens to be you” You reassured him, your hand traveling across his lower back allowing your fingers to play with his shirt.

“I wanted to make sure that I could handle your worst so that I could deserve your best.” V whispered against your forehead before pressing his pair of lips to you skin, “You deserve every happiness.”