Not a Single Empty Page

Yearbook - V

Uncapping the pen, you gazed down at the page before brushing some hair away from your eyes as you got an idea of what you wanted to say, how you wanted your writing to look and how much you wanted to confess to him. Hearing him uncap a pen as well, he turned sideways and used the other desk to hold your book as his arm covered the page that he was working on.

Allowing your eyes to wander towards him, his shoulders hung over your yearbook, his hand slowly moved across the page as the pen fluidly left it’s ink along the page. The muscles in his arm were tensing with each of the pen as his tongue slowly ran over his pink lips as you watched his mind flow from one idea to the next.

“No peeking” V caught you gazing at him as you shook your head, slightly in shock that you had zoned out while looking at him.

“A-Ah I was just… thinking” You tried to cover for yourself but you knew V could see right through your act.

“Mhmmm suuuuuure” V sang with a smile as he turned around, with his back facing you now, wanting your message to be a surprise as he continued to work.

Watching his hand move the pen expertly between his fingers, his head moved up and down as he wanted to put his whole heart into his message to you. Dropping your eyes down to the emptied page that was reserved for you, you wrote his name slowly at the top of the page allowing your mind to have some time to formulate a message.

The words began to fill your mind as if someone in your mind was typing what you wanted to say and your hand was just following orders. Words turned into phrases, phrases turned into sentences and sentences turned into paragraphs. Moving from the current years to years in the past, you rolled through the chosen memories between you and him as your hand continued to glide across the glossed pages. Flowing from one idea to another, you began to wrap up your thoughts and your message to him as you neared the end of the page. Signing your name sweetly at the bottom, your lips pursed as you let out a elongated breath trying to dry the wet ink on the page.

Glancing up, you watched as V changed pens and the sound of a page turning captured your curiosity. Tilting your head to the side, you tried to lean to one side then to the other to try and get a glimpse as to what he was doing.

“Are you done yet? You take forever!” A playful tone lined your words with a hint of sarcasm as you gently closed his yearbook.

“Nope! Not done yet!” V shook his head as you watched his hair sway with the movement of his head.

Just then, the end of the day bell sounded, signalling that summer had officially begun. Scanning the room with your eyes, you discovered that you were the only two souls within the four walls of the classroom. Allowing your eyes to drift back to V, you continued to watch him, seeing the words form within his head while his hand worked carefully to spill the thoughts onto paper.

Deciding that you would wait a little longer for him to finish, you pushed your earbuds into your ear. Thumbed through your songs on your phone while your head rested on a bunched up jacket of yours. Playing a favorite playlist of yours, you rested your phone in your lap as your eyes stayed on V continuing to work on the pages of your yearbook.

The sun in the room shifted as time began to pass, the fluorescent lights overhead soon became the only source of light as darkness wrapped around the buildings outside. Softly blowing his breath across the final page, V slowly turned around in his chair to see you fast asleep on the bunched up jacket, your arms cuddling the jacket and holding it close while strands of your hair fell over your face. Scooting closer to you, he slowly bent over and lightly blew against your hair to see if you would wake. Not even stirring, V watched your sleeping figure for a minute or two before he lifted his hand slowly and tucked some of the fallen hair behind your ear.

Feeling the soft strands of hair slip between his fingers, like fine sand, he leaned over and gently pressed his lips against the crown of your head.

“You don’t have an empty page in this book now.” V whispered to you as his thumb your hair slowly.

Taking in the beautiful sight before him, V watched you sleep soundly as your lips were slightly parted, soft inhales and exhales escaped your sweet lips while your black eye lashes fanned out from the hidden gems. Silence filled the space between the two of you as V continued to gently pet your hair. Pulling yourself out of sleep, you felt someone petting your hair, opening your eyes you were greeted with big beautiful brown eyes. His head laying at the same level as yours as you could see the emotions behind his eyes.

“Having fun watching me?” You questioned softly, trying hard not to show your morning voice.

“Mhmmm, I am” V hummed quietly, matching your tone.

“Creeper” You smiled as you slowly sat up, his hand fell from your hair as you noticed the two yearbooks sitting next to one another on the desktop. “D-Did you finish?”

Reaching out for your yearbook, you began to slide it across the desk towards you.

“Wait until you get home to read it” V requested as your eyes lifted to meet his, “Please…”