An Act of a Gentleman

Yearbook - V

“Is there a bomb in there?” You teased, cupping your hand around your lips trying to be secretive.

“Something like that” V played along as he picked up his yearbook and slid it into his backpack before rising from his seat. Following suit, you slid your favorite book and your yearbook into your backpack. Tugging your earphones out of your ears, you wound them around your phone. Pulling on your jacket, you grabbed your phone sticking it in your pocket before lifting your backpack onto your shoulders.

“Ready?” V questioned, watching you getting ready to brave the chilly temperatures outside.

“Is this bomb easily triggered?” You questioned as the two of you headed out of the room.

“Nope, not unless you initiate it” He told you holding all of the doors open for you as the two of you exited the classroom and walked down the emptied halls a final time.

“How do I initiate it?” You questioned softly, looking over at V as you saw a soft blush on his cheeks after passing under sporadic emergency lights that lined the hallways.

“You could initiate a lot of things, but with the bomb it will require your reading skills” V smiles as he glanced over at you as your eyes met his.

Pushing open the final door, the cool air hit your warm skin as you walked through the opened door before slowing as V caught up to you. The two of you walked away from the school together as V offered to walk you home. Accepting the invitation, the two of you began to make the way to your home.

“If you could do one more daring thing before we graduate, what would it be?” You quizzed, as this was one of the many questions that the two of you exchanged along the way home.

“Well I would have spent more time with you…” V confessed as he didn’t want to give away too much that was said between the pages of your yearbook.

“That isn’t daring” A chuckle lined your words as you looked over at him.

Glancing down, he saw your hand swingly freely by your side. Bringing his lower lip between his teeth, he lifted his eyes before taking a deep breath and slipped his hand gently into yours.

Feeling his hand slip into yours, his warm hand gently lifted yours and placed it into his warm pocket. Your eyes drifted up his arm to meet with his eyes again.

“Then it would be this” He gave your hand a gentle squeeze before brushing his thumb over yours.

Butterflies swarmed your stomach as he was the first one to hold your hand. The pace between the two of you slowed down slightly before you dropped your eyes. Knowing you were close to home, you watched the toes of your shoes cross over the cracks in the sidewalk under you.

“Is this okay?” V’s sweet voice cooed not feeling you hold his hand back, his touch began to retract not wanting to make you uncomfortable.

“I just have been waiting a long time to hold your hand” You confessed, lifting your eyes to meet his once more, “That’s all…”

“Not as long as I have waited to hold yours” V whispered while slowing his pace knowing that you two were approaching your front door.

Stepping up the few steps, he removed your conjoined hands from his pocket before untangling his hand from yours slowly before he felt your hand tighten around yours.

“Will I be able to hold your hand again?” Your eyes widened peering into his as his fingers wrapped around your hand once more.

“You can count on it” He whispered, feeling your hand finally release his, he lifted his free hand and rested it against your cheek before leaning in and kissing your forehead. “Have a wonderful night and sweet dreams.”

Hearing those sweet words spill from his lips still in close proximity to you, you lifted your head to see those breathtaking eyes gaze down at you. “You too” You whispered back as he took a step back allowing you to head inside.

Approaching your front door, you wrapped your hand around the handle before looking over your shoulder. Still seeing V there with a small smile on his lips, his hands tucked warmly into his pockets, you watched as the cool breeze of the night combed through his hair. Turning your head back around, your hand twisted the handle of the door and pushed it open. The warm yellow light of the entry spilled over your figure as V continued to watch you as you stepped inside. Waving to him while you closed the door behind you, shutting out the night.