Current days

The Heart of the Demon King

Chpt. 7

Several weeks had passed and Jiyong and Irene’s relationship had grown and grown with many sweet moments along the way, which Seulgi and Wendy would tease them, mostly Irene, about constantly. Speculations that Irene and Jiyong were together had been there from the opening days at the café but now that he was a little more affectionate, it just clarified all the gossip up. However, that did not stop all admires of the male barista as many females and some males still returned to the café just to get a glimpse of him and if they were lucky to be personally served by him. The girls were of course popular with guys everywhere, though these days there felt like an invisible wall around Irene.

After closing up, if Wendy and Seulgi chose not to stay over, the couple would often go around the neighbourhood and enjoy a peaceful stroll in each other’s hands. The local park was beautifully lit up with colourful lights used to emphasize the pristine nature of the flowers making the nightly stroll seem all that more surreal. They of course sat by them taking photos as couples on dates would normally, despite Jiyong’s minor grumbling he still complied to Irene’s wishes. He held her close keeping her warm as they enjoyed the view of the Han river while the cool breeze brushed by them. She felt his warmth and his love, he didn’t need to say it.

“It’s nice isn’t it, just walking here and there?” Jiyong asked

“Of course, it is as long as I have you” Irene replied sweetly as they enjoyed the view before the two of them headed home hand in hand.

However, this walked wasn’t all peaceful. At least not to Jiyong. He had begun to sense a dangerous aura looming in the shadows. He was immediately weary as most evil presences or demonic auras would avoid him out of fear, however this one chose to make itself felt at known as if to challenge and to warn him. “Jiyong ah, are you okay?” Irene’s voice suddenly burst in pulling him gently back into the human world

As his thoughts regrouped while his eyes once again softened to the lady he loved in front of him, Jiyong brushed away the thoughts of darkness. He didn’t want to alarm Irene, especially since these threats came from a whole other world. Her purity and innocence was something he wanted to leave untouched and unharmed from the horrors that lurked in the world unseen to the human eyes. A cruel world that feeds of the fearful and is powered by the hateful. The vile creatures that only seek to pleasure their own desires. Where the sinful are successful and blood is cried instead of tears. This was the world lived in by the demons, where Han Jiyong sat and ruled as the King of them all.

“Just thinking Irene” Jiyong said softly smiling and giving her a soft kiss one the lips, which caused Irene to blush softly, smile bashfully and playfully hit his shoulder before looking back up towards him sweetly and lovingly.

Jiyong readjusted her coat to keep her warm and slide his hand back into Irene’s, before slowly leading her home with tender glances still fixated upon her. She had felt his sweet lilac eyes upon her as a soft smile had fixated itself with a faint blush on her cheeks. Their fingers intertwined much like their loving hearts. But little did they know that something once familiar to them would soon have an effect on their current happy lives