|4|

In Her Shadow,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum’s eyes fluttered open and, for a moment she had no recollection of how she’d gotten into bed last night. Wait. She wasn’t in her bed. This wasn’t her bed. This wasn’t even her room. Where the hell was she?

What the happened last night?

She tried moving but felt a weight around her waist. Looking down, she saw an arm draped comfortably over her lower body. What the…

Her hazel orbs suddenly widened as last night came rushing back to her in a nauseating surge. She glanced at the male sleeping soundly beside her.

And blinked,

Once,

Twice,

Thrice.

Impossible,

This can’t be.

The brunette shook her head in utter disbelief. Her mind was definitely playing tricks on her. It can’t be him. It can’t. It just can’t.

But it was. He was right there. Right next to her. She had slept with him. With the guy she’s been crushing on for god knows how long.

She didn’t know how to feel,

Should she be happy?

Sad?

A mix of both?

Wait,

What did this even mean?

Wasn’t this just a one night stand?

It was, wasn’t it?

It couldn’t be anything else. It couldn’t.

After all, why would he want to be with someone like her?

This was a mistake. A huge mistake.

She should leave. She should. But…

She didn’t want to. She wanted to stay. She wanted to savor this moment. To be by his side even for a while longer. But she couldn’t. She had no right to.

His eyes opened and locked with her hazel ones.

Before she could say anything his deep voice filled the room, “Still here?”

The brunette bit her lip, “I-I was just leaving”

She stood up from bed and nervously stepped into her discarded dress. She felt his eyes on her. She knew he was watching her every move. Grabbing her purse and shoes she turned around to face him.

She opened , then closed it. She didn’t know what to say to him. A rush of embarrassment filled her as she looked at him. She felt stupid just standing there. She should leave. She really should. There was nothing more to say.

Gulping, Areum turned around and headed towards the door.

“Wait”

His voice made her stop in her tracks.

The brunette craned her neck to look at him, a hopeful expression present on her face.

“Remind me of your name again”

She felt a pang in her chest.

Of course he wouldn’t remember her name, why would he?

“Areum”

She tried her best to hide her disappointment.

“Areum”

He repeated her name as though enjoying the sound of it and the way it rolled off his tongue.

Her heart skipped a beat when she heard him say it.

It felt nice, hearing her name come out of his mouth.

The boy smirked, eyes lit with amusement, “Guess I’ll see you around”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter